Sponsored

Has anybody sat in a new Bronco or Bronco Sport? - Headroom for 6'2"?

OP
OP
rugbysecondrow

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP, your handle explains your height! Were you a number 4 or 5?
Haha, depended on the match. Typically 4...occasionally 8 man, which I was too slow for, but was a different kind of fun
Sponsored

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wow, your upper body must be long. Lol My wife has a Sport and I thought it had a lot of head room but I’m only 5’8”. I guess I never paid that close attention to how much room was actually left over.

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went and test drove one with my kid. She’s looking for a Big Bend in Area 51. She never made to 5’ so it was big for her. I thought it was roomy for what it is, a glorified Escape. I have never sat in a Bronco but other than the words “Ford” and “Bronco” slapped on both vehicles I never expected a similarity that would matter.

If all goes well by the end of the year we’ll have a Tremor, a Bronco Badlands, and a Bronco Sport Big Bend lined up in the driveway.

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I sat inside of the ACTUAL bronco (sport's will never be a bronco... what horrible naming on Ford's part; see also - the electric mustang)

I am 5'9, so I had plenty of head room, but there was at least another 6", so you should be fine

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Haha, depended on the match. Typically 4...occasionally 8 man, which I was too slow for, but was a different kind of fun
LOL, yeah, definitely different roles.

My daughter played high school and varsity rugby. She’d alternate between 4 and 7 in high school, then was placed at 4 or 5 in university. The ski racing leg strength served her better than a lower top speed! She was ferocious in the breakdown, however, which led to her multiple concussion rugby-career demise.

On topic, I can see why you’d be cramped in a Sport. How was it for shoulder room?

Sponsored

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I ordered my new Bronco (Full size) today and I am stoked about this. While at the dealership, I sat in a new Bronco Sport, and the headroom was terrible. I hit my head sliding in and out, my head was touching the ceiling. I am taller (6'2") but not a giant. The seats also didn't lower, that I could tell.

I am just hoping that the full-sized Bronco does not have this issue.

Can anybody confirm this?
I'm 6'3 and I fit fine in the sport i have decent clearance actually

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I test drove a base sport for kicks. At 6'1" 215lbs I had plenty of room, after lowering the seat all the way. I did think visibility over the hood was terrible. It also vibrated a lot at idle, felt like a diesel. Cabin noise was louder than expected. The speedometer was difficult to read at a glance due to not labeling all the 10mph increments. Over all it felt "cheap".

Deleted member 3063

I agree with the OP, "user error"
My DD is a F150 but had no issue test sitting in a Sport. 6'1" 225#
200 miles down the road is unknown but I survive the wife's Escape with out problems.

Strange you had that issue coming from a WRX

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I took a ride in the Bronco and I have driven the Bronco Sport. The Bronco has better head room.

I’m 6’4” and I had plenty of room.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Multiple vids on this site of 6'3" and up getting in and out.

Sponsored

JeR2D2

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm 6'2" and I sat in a Sport with plenty of room!

BigSki150

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I sat in a Ranger and had no problems and since the Bronco is being built on that platform I figured it would be more comparable than the Sport. I'm 6'5" 275.

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered my new Bronco (Full size) today and I am stoked about this. While at the dealership, I sat in a new Bronco Sport, and the headroom was terrible. I hit my head sliding in and out, my head was touching the ceiling. I am taller (6'2") but not a giant. The seats also didn't lower, that I could tell.

EDIT: It is entirely possible that the salesperson was uncertain how to lower the seat when I asked, so it might be "user error".
Lower seat, by pushing down on the lever (that looks like the recline lever)... We have a sport in the garage currently :)

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I sat in a Ranger and had no problems and since the Bronco is being built on that platform I figured it would be more comparable than the Sport. I'm 6'5" 275.
At 6'6" and 235 this is very comforting!

There was also that Black Diamond walk around video posted here a couple weeks ago in which one of the kids on the video was 6'4" and he had plenty of headroom and legroom.

I'm going to try out a Ranger when I go down to place my order just to confirm.

BotBronc1977

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None Yet
Your Bronco Model
Base

EDIT: It is entirely possible that the salesperson was uncertain how to lower the seat when I asked, so it might be "user error".
I test drove a Bronco Sport this weekend. It was a Big Bend with 1.5L Ecoboost. I am 6'2" and had almost three inches of head room. It was amazing. Also, on a side note, the 1.5L in Sport was surprisingly peppy!
Sponsored