Sponsored

Anyone else considering trading for the next-gen 4Runner?

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler JK, White Bronco Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
After seeing what the "next Gen" Land Cruiser looks like, and the supposed "next Gen" 4runner renditions... The Bronco has nothing to worry about as I DON'T see them in the same 4WD segment as the Bronco. They appear to be more into competing with the Suburban or Tahoe.

Just as I suspected years ago. Toyota = "Bigger Is Better". Its the big suburban soccer-mom segment of the market.

Bronco & 4Runner... just SO different.
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

After seeing what the "next Gen" Land Cruiser looks like, and the supposed "next Gen" 4runner renditions... The Bronco has nothing to worry about as I DON'T see them in the same 4WD segment as the Bronco. They appear to be more into competing with the Suburban or Tahoe.

Just as I suspected years ago. Toyota = "Bigger Is Better". Its the big suburban soccer-mom segment of the market.

Bronco & 4Runner... just SO different.
There has not been a single "next Gen" Land Cruiser" or "next Gen" 4runner rendition that is even close to what Toyota is cooking up.

Any images you have seen are from click bait warriors.

Tell me, is this what the Bronco turned out to look like?

2020-ford-bronco-concept.jpg

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
No... this looks more like a rendition for a Chevy K5 or something.

Quite frankly... if the 4Runner or Land Cruiser came out looking this good (your posted version of the Bronco guesstimate) I might even consider it... if I hadn't already bought my Bronco. Looks pretty sweet! Glad they didn't though... looks too much like something Chevy would design for the Blazer.

I will eat crow (but not literally) if the 4Runner comes out anywhere near this small (your picture of the then-future Bronco) I don't think Toyota has it in them to design something that cool and that small for the U.S. market. Look at the Landcruiser 300 vs the Landcruiser 70 Series sold outside the U.S.

Just my opinion.

LB8

Heritage
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Heritage
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I rented a 4Runner on vacation in Wyoming and really loved driving it off-road, through the mountains, etc. Great for myself and my kids and certainly fun. I didn't get one because of the outdated technology, but am definitely curious what their next gen will hold. If my Bronco ever comes, I'll never sell it, though.

Cetacean Sensation

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Bimmer
Your Bronco Model
Base
No removable doors
No removable roof
Made in Japan
No thanks
Ford Bronco Anyone else considering trading for the next-gen 4Runner? 2020-ford-bronco-concept
No removable doors - every door is removable with tools.
No removable roof - every roof is removable with a grinder.
Made in Japan - What do you mean Doc? All the best stuff is made in Japan.
Yeah it's fine.

Myself and a lot of others are only in on the Bronco because we want a reasonable capable/comfortable offroader with a stick. Bronco is the only SUV sold in the US that checks that box.

Sponsored

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There has not been a single "next Gen" Land Cruiser" or "next Gen" 4runner rendition that is even close to what Toyota is cooking up.

Any images you have seen are from click bait warriors.

Tell me, is this what the Bronco turned out to look like?

Ford Bronco Anyone else considering trading for the next-gen 4Runner? 2020-ford-bronco-concept
The automotive press guy was pretty close on his tundra render. I’m a big fan of his 4runner one so I hope it’s accurate as well.

NDM_84

Raptor
First Name
Nedim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I would consider trading in for next gen 4Runner only if they get removable roof & doors as well as 35 & 37 factory tires. Otherwose, sticking with Bronco Badlands.

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I might consider a Toyota Landcruiser if you could get the old FJ40 style, or maybe the versions you can get in other countries.

But -- the styling that gets to the USA always tends to look like something designed by Tonka Trucks. I'll be amazed if they ever get away from Tonka.
Sponsored