Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi’s
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OBX aka 4x4 ford flex
I bet in person OBX looks a lot better in person.. A two door with a set of 33" tires and color matched top I bet it looks a lot better then you would think.

Well I at least hope so because that's my plan. Hahaha
Sponsored

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Most cars these days I'm happy with the manual base model. I'd like the Big Bend though on the Bronco because it'll be nice to have stock A/T, lighter wheels (mpg), fog lights (safety), and there's a couple other things.

Really though all I need is power lock and windows, power steering and brakes, A/C, and Bluetooth is definitely nice. I almost ran over a child once backing up but the back up camera helped so that would be nice too.

You're not alone! And if the Big Bend is much more than what people think it will be, I'll be base model too.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No chance

When I had my first Mustang, I appreciated some of the old school stuff it had by 2004 standards. No auto lights, solid rear axle, hell it was even on a modified fox4 platform. Then when my mustang days were over I daily drove a car with modern amenities. I'm spoiled now, my Broncos gonna cost me a decent chunk of change I want those modern amenities to be comfortable when I'm stuck in bumper to bumper traffic.

SEkevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Most cars these days I'm happy with the manual base model. I'd like the Big Bend though on the Bronco because it'll be nice to have stock A/T, lighter wheels (mpg), fog lights (safety), and there's a couple other things.

Really though all I need is power lock and windows, power steering and brakes, A/C, and Bluetooth is definitely nice. I almost ran over a child once backing up but the back up camera helped so that would be nice too.

You're not alone! And if the Big Bend is much more than what people think it will be, I'll be base model too.
Way back in the day I had a 73 land cruiser with zero amenities and my wife and kids loved it! Worst thing I ever did was sell it! Only vehicle I ever made money on! And my wife could drive the 3 speed manual!

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Way back in the day I had a 73 land cruiser with zero amenities and my wife and kids loved it! Worst thing I ever did was sell it! Only vehicle I ever made money on! And my wife could drive the 3 speed manual!
Her left calf was probably twice as thick as her right after working that clutch, lol.

Sponsored

icavedin

Base
First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 4runner, '91 318iS, '07 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Love me some classic FJ. Also - is your wife single by chance?

Phosvitin

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota matrix and honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Not sure if I am miss interpreting your comment but all broncos come standard with backup cameras, it is required by law. If you read into the descriptions the only thing you get extra on the big bend back up camera is the guide lines on the screen. Not sure if that helps your decision making.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not sure if I am miss interpreting your comment but all broncos come standard with backup cameras, it is required by law. If you read into the descriptions the only thing you get extra on the big bend back up camera is the guide lines on the screen. Not sure if that helps your decision making.
Thank you. I didn't know that. I'm pretty sure back up cameras are only required on 90% of a manufacturer's vehicles though unless that's changed. Either way I'm glad Bronco is getting it as I didn't see it mentioned!

A little kid ran up behind my little sedan and crouched over to look at something on the ground. I didn't see a thing looking in my mirrors. Perfect (bad) timing. Thank you back up camera.

Delasangre

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I could have it I'd get a 2.7 or 5.0 with a manual, front and rear lockers, the sway bar disconnect and the Sasquatch lift plus all the steel skid plates and stuff, I could do without all the tech and luxury features but Ford is forcing me to get the 2nd most expensive trim to get the sway bar. I haven't seen B&P but I am still considering a Black Diamond but idk...

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My current plan is to get the 2-door base sasquatch 2.3 manual and every available option (which is limited.)
It should still be under $40k

Sponsored

BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW GTI Sport MT, 1993 VW Corrado VR6 MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi y’all, idk how many of you are like me and just want a bronco, just for that, owning a bronco; nothing flashy or fancy like a first edition

I’m getting a 4D base with hard top and automatic thats it

I’m not too much into hard core off roading so I don’t need big wheels, lifts and suspensions

it would be my daily and I drive only freeway anyways so AT tires wouldn’t be too ideal

Any one else feel the same way
I may have you beat if we go with a non-Squatched base 2dr manual.

Squatch is really the only upgrade we're seriously considering, but I've really liked the look of the non-Squatched base 2-doors I've seen rolling off of the assembly line. In some ways it best represents the look of the older Broncos.

qnet

Big Bend
First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2, Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't think a base is worth 30k. Feel the same way about base Jeeps. Way too much money for what you're getting when you could get something used with far more gear for less, just my opinion.
So true you could get an older jeep throw some cash at it and have a beast.
My buddy found a jl some guy really fixed up nice ,then he had to move out of country got it cheap and hes way under budget for a trail ready rig.
Not just jeeps trucks ,toyotas lots of stuff if you look unfortunatly for me ive been waiting for this a long time they have me good ugg.
This is what's troubled me about the Base model. I had a used low-mileage Wrangler sport with bigger tires and more ground clearance than a Base Bronco that I paid 23K for. It was also trail rated, if that means anything. We're not sure what the Base Bronco can do really, just a bunch of hype from Ford showing off the higher end models. I knew what a base Wrangler could do.

The advantage is it's new, and has a few more creature comforts than my Jeep had. I do like the look of the Bronco a little better, albeit with larger tires than what the base has.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Before the trims were announced I kept telling myself I just wanted one as simple as a 87 xlt bronco......
I landed on Black Diamond ??‍♂?
I’d be more inclined to go down in trims if they had the vinyl interior in big bend

oldguy

First Name
oldguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It would be nice to have a hybrid base with upgraded bash plates, locker, roof rack and lux package for my daily driver. May have cancel one of my 3 reservations to down grade to sport:( or go with toyota

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It would be nice to have a hybrid base with upgraded bash plates, locker, roof rack and lux package for my daily driver. May have cancel one of my 3 reservations to down grade to sport:( or go with toyota
Why would you have 3 reservations?
Sponsored