Sponsored

Anyone else worried about falling in love with this vehicle.....

highertechnology

Wildtrak
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I drive a crew F150 with a lift so I think I know what to expect from a driving perspective. However, my only concern will be going from a pickup to a SUV.
Sponsored

thehermdawg10

Base
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, 1985 Toyota Corolla GTS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m more worried about moving on to the next thing to quickly cause that’s what usually happens to me. On average I keep a car for less than 3 years cause I’m an idiot and have car ADD.

Mchong75

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My reservation —> to an actual order really depends on pricing options and getting to see the body. I’m really hoping we can see the actual models before placing the actual order.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Right there with you OP

Ive always owned sport sedans. Love a good handling car with good brakes and steering feel. While the bronco is undeniably cool, I'm 95% sure I will hate driving it.

Rented a 2019 or 2020 4 runner a while back and I couldn't stand driving it, brakes that hardly worked, awful handling, slow, loud, bad gas mileage..... That's a live rear axle and independent front so at least on paper if I hated the 4runner I'll probably hate the bronco

Also have some negative feelings on ford after a family members powershift focus (that also had awful steering feel)

At least the bronco's cheap though, the flaws may be more acceptable considering the bargain price tag

OP
OP

Builtdadbodtough

Big Bend
First Name
Dad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wtf.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m more worried about moving on to the next thing to quickly cause that’s what usually happens to me. On average I keep a car for less than 3 years cause I’m an idiot and have car ADD.
Yeah I’m the total opposite which is why I sometimes worry. I run my cats into the ground lol.

Sponsored

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am way past falling in love with a 2 door Bronco. My first car was a Mustang and my current vehicle is an F150. I have a long history of loving Ford vehicles and keeping each one for 8 to 10 years. My vehicles become part of the family. For better or worst they are each special. They each get a name. My current truck is called Bubba! My Bronco will join the family and get a name. I will look past any short coming and view him as special for his own unique characteristics.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I actually did that in the showroom. Back in 2010 I researched the Fusion Sport for months. The sales contract was written up and approved. I saw a Taurus that I liked better and ended up buying that.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m a fellow idiot too...
I need to stick with something for longer than 3 years..

Sponsored

Broncie

Raptor
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I keep thinking the same because Im coming from an Accord, and the bigger vehicles I've driven before I havent been particularly crazy about. I have a feeling that the Bronco will be a nice medium though and a bit more refined and tuned for comfort, hopefully. Worst case scenario is I spend all this time dreaming of one, place the order, and then a year from now when it arrives at the dealer I take it for a test drive and just dont purchase it, lol.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’m a corvette and pick up guy. For past 35 years I’ve always had a corvette and a truck. I also had a 09 FJ cruiser which I loved. Liked it much better the either of my brothers rubicons. From what I read I think I’ll like the bronco as much if not more than the FJ cruiser. My worry is can I live with out a pick up truck.

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just like my Jeeps in the past, they all started out stock and rode well, then I lifted them and put big tires on them and complained that they rode like crap. It's a bad habit that I'm trying to break. Like, I love how the Bronco looks, but I love it more when they have bigger tires and lifts lol.
MAN you just stated exactly what my problem is. I had a 2012 Dodge Ram that really liked, but it wasn't aggressive enough so I lifted it and put on big aftermarket tires and wheels and then fell in love with it. About 130k miles I decided that my drive to work was too uncomfortable and my truck drove like crap on the highway. So... I sold it and bought a 2018 Ford Explorer Limited, because you know I needed comfort and amenities. Turns out I am not very happy with comfort and I am not as refined as I thought I was. Now I need a Bronco. I think I have problems... :unsure:

I pretty sure at this point, though, that I will not be happy with a vehicle unless it is at least somewhat rugged and has utility.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
then hating it when you actually drive it? Just me...? Lol
That happened to me with an old VW bus. The idea of the bus was nice, but the reality after going for a test drive was something else. Ended up taking a pass.

Chewcudda

Black Diamond
First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
kia soul, mini cooper, kawasaki versys
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Coming from driving sports cars I am somewhat worried but have an extremely open mind due to how different the type of vehicle is.
when I went from sports car to a pickup (having twins changes your priorities) the two hardest things I had to get over were my speed sense was shot (being a full 2 feet higher off the ground changes your perspective) and realizing speed bumps were now just a suggestion.
Sponsored