Sponsored

Anyone else worried about falling in love with this vehicle.....

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The beauty of the Bronco and the 1-2 year wait will be that if for some reason I hate it, I will probably be able to sell it for pretty much what I paid...
Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

when I went from sports car to a pickup (having twins changes your priorities) the two hardest things I had to get over were my speed sense was shot (being a full 2 feet higher off the ground changes your perspective) and realizing speed bumps were now just a suggestion.
Uh... I drive a '12 Mustang and speed bumps are still a suggestion... Guess the Bronco in me still living on.

I do get the speed sense tho, I've come to find the wife's Jeep doesn't quite handle corners as well as my Mustang. I figure I'll get used to it again eventually.

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm a little scared. But, I'm not going to worry about it. For the people that got in early and get our Broncos in 2021, they will be extremely easy to sell if we don't like them. I imagine you could easily break even.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Absolutely. Gonna break my heart of its a bad fit or I hate the ride. Not gonna get one just to get one. If I'm not 100% happy I'll walk away.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I honestly couldn't care less about how Bronco drives... on the street. I'll have Badlands with Sasquatch, and the 2.7, so the road manners may be hit or miss. I don't care. As long as it feels good on trails I can handle it (get it? Pun!) Ha! :giggle:

Anyway, even if it isn't perfectly dialed in (stock vehicles rarely are), with the strong aftermarket support and the prospect of a hopeful ICON suspension and lift upgrade, I'm sure at that point, I'll be in off road heaven.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The beauty of the Bronco and the 1-2 year wait will be that if for some reason I hate it, I will probably be able to sell it for pretty much what I paid...
I would think by then, there would easily be 300k on the road and dealers would be offering discounts like on everything else.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right there with you OP

Ive always owned sport sedans. Love a good handling car with good brakes and steering feel. While the bronco is undeniably cool, I'm 95% sure I will hate driving it.

Rented a 2019 or 2020 4 runner a while back and I couldn't stand driving it, brakes that hardly worked, awful handling, slow, loud, bad gas mileage..... That's a live rear axle and independent front so at least on paper if I hated the 4runner I'll probably hate the bronco

Also have some negative feelings on ford after a family members powershift focus (that also had awful steering feel)

At least the bronco's cheap though, the flaws may be more acceptable considering the bargain price tag
Soooo, I"m curious. Why are you getting a Bronco again, please indulge? By the way, I've been a BMW guy for around 17 years now (E90, F30, F32, F25, G01; track time and instruction. None of this is really important.

However, I have absolutely no similar expectations of this off road spec Ford. I'm buying this to play in the dirt and for camping, hiking, etc.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Soooo, I"m curious. Why are you getting a Bronco again, please indulge? By the way, I've been a BMW guy for around 17 years now (E90, F30, F32, F25, G01; track time and instruction. None of this is really important.

However, I have absolutely no similar expectations of this off road spec Ford. I'm buying this to play in the dirt and for camping, hiking, etc.
Not sure if I am getting a bronco yet
I just got my bmwcca 25 year pin a little bit ago and I'm not impressed with what they're making today. Had e30, e36, e90, e85, e87 all manual shift. BMW basically killed manuals and doesn't offer Android auto.

Been in my e87 for almost 10 years now.

Like the look and open air aspect of the bronco, like the price point. Love a 2 door too. Not sure if I'll be ok with the ride quality, interior noise or dealer experience though.
I'd never take the bronco off road, although I would throw a bike in the back! I don't really get to hustle my car on back roads anymore so maybe I can accept change.

I know I'm not really planning on using the bronco for its intended purpose but it does interest me
In my eye the bronco bears a strong resemblance to the LR defender, which was so dang cool.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure if I am getting a bronco yet
I just got my bmwcca 25 year pin a little bit ago and I'm not impressed with what they're making today. Had e30, e36, e90, e85, e87 all manual shift. BMW basically killed manuals and doesn't offer Android auto.

Been in my e87 for almost 10 years now.

Like the look and open air aspect of the bronco, like the price point. Love a 2 door too. Not sure if I'll be ok with the ride quality, interior noise or dealer experience though.
I'd never take the bronco off road, although I would throw a bike in the back! I don't really get to hustle my car on back roads anymore so maybe I can accept change.

I know I'm not really planning on using the bronco for its intended purpose but it does interest me
In my eye the bronco bears a strong resemblance to the LR defender, which was so dang cool.
Ok, nice stable of Bimmers you've had. The ride, noise, and the dealer experience will indeed suck. I posted about these concerns and realities a week or so ago. The dealerships are what I'll likely hate the most in this move to Ford. BMW dealerships pamper you and tell you how much of a man and how cool you are. All crap, but it is different than trying to sell you anything and rush you back out the door. Always ordered mine as well. Wife want's a Macan, so I'll get the pampering with her purchases.

The open air experience will be pretty nice, but I'll miss my runs up to Tail of the Dragon which I've enjoyed over the past 8 years living in Atlanta.

However, I'll always been a dirt wheeler too and decided a little over a year ago to switch focus of my vehicle buying. Originally was going with the Defender, because the old Defender 90 was an absolute obsession since watching Wild Kingdom as a kid. That said, the new Defender is terrible and expensive as all get out; I just can't do it.

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Being a prior Wrangler owner I know what I'm already getting into. Shitty gas mileage and bumpy rides, I still regret dumping my '12 JKU after the 5th year, she was a bad MF'er.

With the Bronco it'll be Love/hate here -I know there will be good and bad. That's to be expected in a vehicle with a lift and 35's.

Sponsored

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m not so much worried about disliking how it drives, driving all types of SUVs/pickups all my life I more or less know what to expect. My worry is (if we don’t get to sit in one before order/delivery) that I’m gonna see my shiny Bronco at the dealer, get all excited and then hop in and realize I don’t fit or am comfortable in it due to ergonomics.

Weld3z

Outer Banks
First Name
Ahmed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think I'm the only one that if i feel I'm in love with something not available or i can't get it but in some cases when it's in front of me later i ignore it !!!!!
It's like 70% of the time but to be honest i need a new car it's been a while with my current baby ..

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My concern is I'll like it too much and have to remember, it's the wife's not mine lol. I don't have any concerns of not liking it though, I love my current f150.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, between my 69 Bronco and the 85 K30 military rig, I'm reasonably certain it will be an improvement. LOL

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I knew it was love when I first looked deeply into the LED headlights and pictured myself driving with the top off to some remote location, wind in my hair, grit in my teeth, and the knowledge that the drain plugs and marine vinyl would allow me to later hose out every speck of dirt and debris upon my return. It’s an outdoors loving, OCD clean freaks dream. #noregrets
Sponsored