Sponsored

Anyone Now on the Bronco Fence or Totally Off It Now that the B&P is Out?

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Same, I'm trying to figure out the best option to tie myself over until the Warthog release. Started looking at Wranglers today since depreciation is manageble and I could ditch it in a few years, vs a Badlands which I might have trouble selling since I have no idea what depreciation will look like- plus everyone might have the same I’m idea and flood the market with used Broncos. Also worried about being a guinea pig for the Bronco's first year release ?

I wouldn’t sweat deprecation Broncos will be similar to Jeep and Toyota.

Can’t be worse than than the JL with fire and weld issues

Decisions decisions...

FerkinBlonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 KLR 650, 2022 Bronco Base (2dr/7mt/CO)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I might have gotten more into things now that B&P released. There were a few perks (maybe glitches?) that dropped the cost from what I was expecting from the survey (cost of 27EB + auto, cost of AOD on some models). Oddly, the interior colors steered me into the model line I was hoping to go with anyway (BB with black interior, neutral stitching - seems to go nice with CG). I Reeeally wanted BD and CO, but I just... can't... with the BD blue interior....

kennykimwastaken

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
godandfamo.us
Vehicle(s)
T4R 5th Gen
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I legit built up a Rubicon gladiator also today (since it's impossible to get back into P&B). My Badlands build is damn near 60k. Still love the Bronc but considering a JT; keeping it until MY2022 or Warthog drops. God knows the resale on these rubis are ?. Taking this day by day...

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sounds like almost everyone saying they’re out was considering wildly different vehicles than the Bronco anyway. Probably a good thing you all are dropping out because the Bronco will probably be disappointing for your needs if you’re cross-shopping with explorers and the new defender.

Personally, I’m happy. I didn’t want/need any comfort or luxury items so B&P on my build came out to almost exactly what I expected. Yes the shitty website sucks and no headliner with 2.7 is obviously a mistake, but thankfully the Ford engineering department and their IT & marketing departments are not the same people.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I know im on the fence. I also know I'll have some FOMO if I don't get one. I have been drawn to the Bronco Sport Badlands for a while now. I've really thought about going that route holding off the bigger one for few years see what transpires! I have built the OBX in the bigger bronco I may be the only person likes the bronze. I however picked VB or IS as my outside color feel those two are the only ones brings it all together. I really wanted the upgraded top that's my biggest bummer. I'll be seeing a sort Monday in person figure see how that goes.
The anodized roast trim on the dash may be fine. I think it's the surrounding colors that make it appear a bit blah. Seems like there are too many colors in too small of an area.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The anodized roast trim on the dash may be fine. I think it's the surrounding colors that make it appear a bit blah. Seems like there are too many colors in too small of an area.
Absolutely get what your saying I'm going on lunch soon going to play with the configurations on the Badlands some more explore other colors. See what I come up with!!

cflogo10

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Macan Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Have Been so excited since the launch. I have been checking for new posts almost daily hunting for pics and videos and announcements. I watched that video of the interior that was produced in someone's back yard with a backgammon box with color chips and material swatches and then seeing the B and P and my Wildtrak interior that is just awful and my build comes in at 58k which would be no problem, I would write the check today if it was not riddled with compromises. So put me into the camp of converted from wild crazy enthused could not wait, 9 year old Christmas morning excited to WTF - how could they do this - I don't think I can write that check anymore..

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm most likely a 2022 bronco because of later reservation and so i'll give them a chance in year 2. 2021 to me is light years behind the jeep in terms of wheel choices, exterior styling options, and some of the worst looking seats i've ever seen. i know it's a first model year but come on they had how many years to come up with seats and wheels that don't look like they're out of the 1990's? hopefully things will evolve and we'll get some cooler wheels, tops, seats, and such in year 2

Big L 65

Outer Banks
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just want the color painted tops FORD ARE YOU LISTENING?.

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been obsessing over Jeeps in particular and adding in Rangers and F150s, evaluating price, options, quality (Jeeps are really, really rough). I am left with a bit of a dilemma. I am now ordering a 4dr 2.7 Big Bend. Hard top, mid, rear locker. I think it’s a bit over priced, but frankly, Jeep can’t match it at that trim level with a locker and 400lb ft of torque. It makes a good platform to play around with and modify. It’s about $3k more than the comparable Ranger (that has more options, including adaptive cruise). It’s about the same price as a similar F150 after incentives, which remains a great value. The real issue for me is when the Bronco comes in, the payoff on my F150 lease will be $28k with about 45k miles. It’s tracking just below market to buy and I know it’s been solid. Is the Bronco, that can’t tow a 21ft bow rider worth the difference of $17k (granted, new vs. used). It will be a tough call, but I won’t decide until I get to actually see, feel and drive it sometime next summer.

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Much more on the fence now. Seems like you get better bang for your buck with a Wrangler.
Don't be surprised if you see Jeep come out with a never before seen deal on the Wrangler in terms of financing to bump up sales in the summer 2021 (when the Bronco's are hitting the streets). An interest rate around the 1.9% or even 0% for 60 or 72 months would certainly give jeep a significant bump in sales and move the remaining 2021 stock.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Don't be surprised if you see Jeep come out with a never before seen deal on the Wrangler in terms of financing to bump up sales in the summer 2021 (when the Bronco's are hitting the streets). An interest rate around the 1.9% or even 0% for 60 or 72 months would certainly give jeep a significant bump in sales and move the remaining 2021 stock.
I'd be surprised if this doesn't happen. Jeep surely can see Ford is having many issues and will take full advantage of that.

niknailor

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm a little bit on the fence only due to timing, and not necessarily the quality of anything I saw.

I don't really get a lot of people's beefs with the interiors personally, but then again I also drive a Subaru for my DD so I guess I don't super care since everybody says that WRXs have awful interiors, and I kinda like how spartan it is ?‍♂

My main issue right now is "Do I feel like waiting for "Late Availability 2021" for a Manual Base Sasquatch Bronco...or do I just upgrade to Black Diamond so I can get the rear locker and then do the wheels/suspension myself later down the line?"

I did check out a few other things; Wranglers/Gladiators, and I just cannot get with their interiors. They look cramped as hell and I'm 6'4. The Rubicon is more than I'm willing to spend, and anything below that kind of feels like a waste to me. And I'd have to own an FCA product, which is a big hard pass for me.