Sponsored

Anyone seen window problem where it does not drop when opening door?

OP
OP
tourproto

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So my Bronco was at the dealer on Friday and they found no codes thrown for why the window isn't indexing. They are raising the issue with Ford. The dealership says they haven't seen this with any other Broncos at their dealership and are at a loss why this is happening.
Sponsored

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Chevy, 2004 Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am having this problem on my 2 door, it is too slow to roll down and catches the rubber at the top when you pull. I have to warn passengers to hold the door and wait for it to drop before they pull. The dealer said its "normal"

OP
OP
tourproto

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am having this problem on my 2 door, it is too slow to roll down and catches the rubber at the top when you pull. I have to warn passengers to hold the door and wait for it to drop before they pull. The dealer said its "normal"
My window does not drop AT ALL. See the video in my original post. When you shut the door the window closes on the weatherstripping and leaves a gap. I have to manually lower the window and raise it up again in order for the window to be properly seated.

In addition the "one touch" operation also stops working. You have to keep the window button pressed in order for the window to continue to go up or down.

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Chevy, 2004 Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Base
My window does not drop AT ALL. See the video in my original post. When you shut the door the window closes on the weatherstripping and leaves a gap. I have to manually lower the window and raise it up again in order for the window to be properly seated.

In addition the "one touch" operation also stops working. You have to keep the window button pressed in order for the window to continue to go up or down.
Sorry I did not see the video. It sux you have a worse problem with yours.

Iowa Hawkeye

Big Bend
First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I hope you got this resolved. My question is why did they even design the dam window this way??? No other vehicles have this indexing that I know of. It's the only thing I don't like about these Broncos. Do the back doors on a four door do the same?

Sponsored

Dlrsavannah

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My rear passenger window did that one day but it was as simple as restarting the Bronco and the problem stopped. Wish it was that simple for everyone else though..

OP
OP
tourproto

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My rear passenger window did that one day but it was as simple as restarting the Bronco and the problem stopped. Wish it was that simple for everyone else though..
So my issue persisted across restarts, but I finally found the solution and that was to manually re-index the window as described earlier in this thread.

It has happened twice in the last month or so and the manual re-indexing solved the problem immediately. Just another one of those things (like restarting the infotainment system) that you just have to learn how to do as part of Bronco ownership I guess.

At least the fix is super easy once you know what to do. It is now just a minor annoyance that I can fix in 30 seconds.

OP
OP
tourproto

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just don't get why have this silly "feature"
They have to have some sort of window drop because of the frameless doors and the need for a rubber "lip" on the top of the door to keep the wind and rain out at speed.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope you got this resolved. My question is why did they even design the dam window this way??? No other vehicles have this indexing that I know of. It's the only thing I don't like about these Broncos. Do the back doors on a four door do the same?
Many vehicles have used the window indexing for decades . Fords version seems to be a little problematic though.

Sometimes issues with this feature can be traced to a bad switch at the door latching mechanism. The switch at the door striker tells it to index up/down and may be failing.
Sponsored