Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just noticed today that my left rear window isn’t doing the drop/raise thing when the door is opened/closed. I think it has been like that for a couple days because it had been making a weird sliding noise the couple times I opened it over the past week, but was always in a rush and didn’t investigate. Then I figured it out this morning.
Any ideas on how to reset it? It doesn’t really affect anything other than I have to close the door harder to overcome the resistance, but it can’t be good for it long term.
Sponsored

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OP
OP
foreWard

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reactions: Cat

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just noticed today that my left rear window isn’t doing the drop/raise thing when the door is opened/closed. I think it has been like that for a couple days because it had been making a weird sliding noise the couple times I opened it over the past week, but was always in a rush and didn’t investigate. Then I figured it out this morning.
Any ideas on how to reset it? It doesn’t really affect anything other than I have to close the door harder to overcome the resistance, but it can’t be good for it long term.
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this window concern on your Bronco. Thanks!

EN2DIRT

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had my Bronco only a couple of weeks and had problems with front passenger window. When I roll it up, it immediately came down. Did this a few times in a row then stayed up. Went out the next day and the window was all the way down which is not good since we are finally getting some rain her in SoCal. So annoying on a brand new vehicle. I was hesitant about buying a Ford but my wife really wanted this Bronco. Ugh!

Sponsored

Chisox0508

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had the same problem, I searched the manual and it’s known as the window bounce-back feature. I guess somehow it may have gotten disabled, but to reset it, when you lift the window hold the switch up for 2 seconds after it reaches the top. It should then reset.

(If you want to see it in the manual, search window and go to “Override Window Bounce-Back)

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How well are these windows working out in the cold weather most have been having lately? We had rain then temps with the wind to almost -40 F below zero just before Christmas. Could not open the windows on my car even after driving with the heat on for about 2 hours. What happens with the Bronco doors in those conditions? How do you open or close them without breaking the window since they can't move? I have owned several cars with frameless windows over the years and none have had or needed the drop feature.

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How well are these windows working out in the cold weather most have been having lately? We had rain then temps with the wind to almost -40 F below zero just before Christmas. Could not open the windows on my car even after driving with the heat on for about 2 hours. What happens with the Bronco doors in those conditions? How do you open or close them without breaking the window since they can't move? I have owned several cars with frameless windows over the years and none have had or needed the drop feature.
I had one completely drop at -10. Opened the driver rear door and the window hung up. No movement at all. Noticed as when I closed the door, the glass was stuck on the outside of the seal. Thought I was going to shatter the glass. Opened the door again and it dropped all the way down. After driving a Honda for a few years, I was dead sure I was going to have to replace the regulator. But it rolled right back up and have had no issues since.

My passenger rear is another story. It drops way too slow and hangs up every time. Closes just fine, but it's very noticeable when opening. Hot or cold. I've done the soft reset (buttons) and hard reset (pull power while moving) and it still is messed up. Dealer brushed me off when I wanted to get it checked out when doing the hardtop recall.

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've had my Bronco only a couple of weeks and had problems with front passenger window. When I roll it up, it immediately came down. Did this a few times in a row then stayed up. Went out the next day and the window was all the way down which is not good since we are finally getting some rain her in SoCal. So annoying on a brand new vehicle. I was hesitant about buying a Ford but my wife really wanted this Bronco. Ugh!

Window reset should fix it. But I hear you… frustrating on a brand new and $$$ vehicle

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Silicon spray for rubber seals in the winter. Will definitely help. Can also put some ceramic coat around the first inch of the inside window edges too.

Sponsored

EN2DIRT

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Window reset should fix it. But I hear you… frustrating on a brand new and $$$ vehicle
I performed the window reset last night. Fingers crossed it works.

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Is a normally functioning window supposed to lower itself an inch or so when the door opens and roll back up when the door closes?

EN2DIRT

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is a normally functioning window supposed to lower itself an inch or so when the door opens and roll back up when the door closes?
Yes, it lowers to be free of the rubber seal when opening and when you close it, it rises to push up against the seal to be water tight since there is no upper window frame on the door.
Sponsored

Reactions: Fly