First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone else have an issue that when they open their doors the auto window retract is a bit slow and the widows hit/get stuck as you open the door. Sometimes I am afraid I am going to snap the window in half especially when it’s cold. I mentioned to my dealer they recognized the issue but said they haven’t seen a fix yet.

Anyone else have this problem and get it resolved?
Sponsored

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Define slow? Take a video. A guy posted one a while back complaining of the same thing, he soon realized that’s literally how all broncos are after several comments, and that there was nothing wrong with his. Could be a real issue, yours could be like everyone’s.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Does anyone else have an issue that when they open their doors the auto window retract is a bit slow and the widows hit/get stuck as you open the door. Sometimes I am afraid I am going to snap the window in half especially when it’s cold. I mentioned to my dealer they recognized the issue but said they haven’t seen a fix yet.

Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.  

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Every so often my windows don't drop and/or go back up when the door is opened. It's annoying and inconsistent. It's been a common complaint from some of us with earlier Broncos. It's funny the auto dropping and raising windows on my old Mustang never ever have a problem. lol

Sponsored

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ahve the same issue but only on the front passenger door. If you lsighly pull th door handle the window lowers a bit and then does not get stuck in the weather stripping. If you pull the handle expecting the window to drop quickly the window gets stuck in the weather stripping and makes a thunk and the glass shakes a bit. Tried restting the up/dwon function procedure but that had no effect. One other issue that happens on occassion is that the drivers side read window does not close all the way when the door is closed. This requires that you lower and then raise the window with the button to get it into the fully raised position. Ditto on the reset procedure, that did not correct the issue.

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have not returned to the dealer to have this checked out yet but I do need to take it there and see what they think.

Strizzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

mine doesn't react quick enough sometimes when i'm walking up and unlocking the car. It would be nice if ford had left the spot on the handle where you can push with your thumb to unlatch the door and let the window drop before pulling it open.

What I try to do is push with my thumb above the handle to unlatch and let the window drop and then open the door. not ideal but keeps from pulling on the window.

Jdk325

Outer Banks
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Outer Banks Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I have the same issue. Yesterday, when I was shutting my drivers door I thought the glass was going to break because it seemed like it was up too high. I also have issue when opening the door where the window doesn’t go down quick enough and it catches the seal. I’ve never had this issue before on other frameless windows. I have a relatively new 2023 Bronco.

Last edited:

DBX2

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco; '23 F150 reg cab 5.0, custom interior
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Have noticed the same issue. Have adapted my behavior to not "dash" out of the vehicle; give the window a second or two. Part of my retirement style these days!

Sponsored

CrazyPete

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC Denali 2500HD Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My Wildtrak was built just this past August 2023 and i do believe all builds after July 2023 where given a "fix". When i unlock my door(s) with my key fob, with my keyless entry pad, or with the unlock button on the inside, the window(s) come down before touching the door handle to open it. I just wished the fix worked on when i grab my handle for the keyless entry....it doesn't.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Happened to me for the first time yesterday - I don’t know if the glass even went down, wasn’t paying much attention, and when I shut the door I thought the glass was going to break when it hit against the weatherstripping too high. Have only had that happen that once so far though

Not sure if it makes any difference but I do silicon the weatherstripping every other wash or so.

GroovyGhost

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My rear passenger door does this. I've had mine since 5/22. It was fine both summers and as soon as it got cold started acting up. It also won't auto-roll up. It seems to work fine every time I take it to the shop. They told me next time to drive it right to the oil change door so they can see it happening.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mine does this also, pull the handle, I have to wait a second for the window to drop otherwise it gets caught. I learned to live with it.