Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BaseSquatch, Chevy Suburban, Kia K5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had this problem with my rear passenger door window. Had it into our Ford service adviser to fix, and the shop followed the service bulletin on the issue involving adjusting the height of the glass. Fixed and service department did a great job. Done the same day.
I took mine to the dealer as well and they also adjusted all 4 windows and eliminated my issues. All done in the same day I dropped it off.
Sponsored

ffdemoss

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F250, 2017 Fusion, 2014 Escape, 2005 LJ, 1968 M715
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want to make sure I read the instructions correctly. Essentially you should have roughly 3mm of window in the weather stripping when the door is closed?

Inspector_Nipples

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Base 2021
Your Bronco Model
Base
I took mine to the dealer as well and they also adjusted all 4 windows and eliminated my issues. All done in the same day I dropped it off.
holy shit, you're telling me the dealership can fix the window problem when opening the doors????

OkieB6G

Outer Banks
First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2010 Forte Koup
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

holy shit, you're telling me the dealership can fix the window problem when opening the doors????
Ugh. Someone forward the instructions for that to my dealer, please. They kept mine for almost 3 days and couldn't fix it. They're ordering replacement back window motors instead. I don't have the heart to tell them yet that it probably will not fix the issue.

bhb

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Count me in the 'rear passenger window slow to drop club'. Noticed it today. Not sure if its been that way since I picked the car up a few weeks back, or if its a new issue. Really only carry my 3 y/o in the back and, thankfully, its not the door where his car seat is. We'll see...

Sponsored

bhb

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Out of the blue today it seems like the other rear door is slow to lower now as well. Temps dropped into the 20 last night (no ice - I know this is another issue). Why would this happen randomly? Possibly temperature related?

Last edited:

Quick

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Mine does the same and is noticeably different on cold days. As in the door is open and then it rolls down.

I honestly feel like it's on an old-school plunger switch and in the cold it binds or drags more.

Reactions: bhb

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Same issue here, my passenger side rear door seems slow to drop, going to have dealer look at it when I drop it off for an oil change in the next week or so

Theowlhoothoot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3 Performance
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Count me in the 'rear passenger window slow to drop club'. Noticed it today. Not sure if its been that way since I picked the car up a few weeks back, or if its a new issue. Really only carry my 3 y/o in the back and, thankfully, its not the door where his car seat is. We'll see...
Ours happened during the freeze and still happens randomly. It's not our first frameless window either, but it's the first to be slow

bhb

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ours happened during the freeze and still happens randomly. It's not our first frameless window either, but it's the first to be slow
Yup. I've had other (traditional) convertibles and never had an issue like this. Its not bad enough to turn me off on the car, but only because its not a daily driver, and only because I'm not in/out of the those doors. Thankfully, the driver's door is fine.

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I noticed a new TSB # SSM 50477 was released on this window issue. I can't find the full document though. Curious if they report any new info. @flip or anyone else able to post it?

FORD TSB #SSM 50477
2021 FORD BRONCO
Some 2021-2022 Bronco vehicles may exhibit a side door window that gets hung up on the upper door weatherstrip when opening the door causing resistance to opening. This may be due to an incorrect alignment of the side door and/or window.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

SSM 50477 - 2021-2022 Bronco - Short Drop Window Feature - Contact With Weather Strip When Opening
Some 2021-2022 Bronco vehicles may exhibit a side door window that gets hung upon the upper door weatherstrip when opening the door causing resistance to opening. This may be due to an incorrect alignment of the side door and/or window. To correct this condition, ensure no damage exists to the door, latch or related components and make necessary repairs before continuing. If concern persists, perform the Up/Down, Fore/Aft Adjustment (steps 1-15), refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 501-11, Front/Rear Door Window Glass Adjustment Procedure. If the concern has not been resolved, perform Pinpoint Test K located in Section 501-11 of the WSM.

bhb

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For me, this is the most annoying "quirk" of the Bronco. Thankfully, we don't have a lot of passengers (aside from toddlers and dogs), so my wife and I are just living w/ it for now. We've gotten used to popping the latch, waiting an extra second for the door window to drop, and then opening fully.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

SSM 50477 - 2021-2022 Bronco - Short Drop Window Feature - Contact With Weather Strip When Opening
Some 2021-2022 Bronco vehicles may exhibit a side door window that gets hung upon the upper door weatherstrip when opening the door causing resistance to opening. This may be due to an incorrect alignment of the side door and/or window. To correct this condition, ensure no damage exists to the door, latch or related components and make necessary repairs before continuing. If concern persists, perform the Up/Down, Fore/Aft Adjustment (steps 1-15), refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 501-11, Front/Rear Door Window Glass Adjustment Procedure. If the concern has not been resolved, perform Pinpoint Test K located in Section 501-11 of the WSM.
Thanks, looks like they just updated it to include 2022 models.