First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E30 M3, 993 C4S, GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I did the same thing with mine. Same window and the same problem. Thank you for the pictures and showing this.
Better than letting the dealer do it.
So most of your adjustment was in window height front to back correct? Is yours fixed? Can I as for a picture of the glass height (Window down) relative to the seal?
Sponsored

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have this issue on 2 Door Bronco. Feels like windows is going to break when opening the door. any one with same issue?

Not for me, I just pop the handle and go. Let us know if the recal instructions helped.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So most of your adjustment was in window height front to back correct? Is yours fixed? Can I as for a picture of the glass height (Window down) relative to the seal?
And a video of how it works after fixed! I just got mine back from the dealer. I stopped using the rear passenger door it was so bad, now its usable. But its not any better than the other doors. They all get hung up a bit and shake. Just want to understand how good they can be when perfect.

They had a 2 and 4 door in the show room. Opened all the doors with the service manager, said the rattle is normal, I disagree.

Last edited:

watrboy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevy 2500HD 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes, the rear was slightly higher than the front and caught there when opening.
I will get a picture tomorrow.

BLMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Ultimate Wrangler and two other normal cars
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stupid question. Why DIY (and potentially break something) when the dealer can mess with it the next time you are in? I am all about fixing things myself, but not when I have a warranty. Replacing the door lock on my Jeep was a pain, but way out of warranty so I didn't mind. I still had a few choice words though!

Sponsored

CarreraX

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E30 M3, 993 C4S, GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Stupid question. Why DIY (and potentially break something) when the dealer can mess with it the next time you are in? I am all about fixing things myself, but not when I have a warranty. Replacing the door lock on my Jeep was a pain, but way out of warranty so I didn't mind. I still had a few choice words though!
Because I trust me and my mechanical aptitude to be able to fix this as good as some mechanic that probably hasn't ever done it either. Nothing against them but I will give it a shot first. ITs not like Im tearing the motor down or something. Plus much more convenient than taking it back to them several times. Now if I can get it then Ill take it to them. Also, I like working on my cars so it sorta falls in the fun category.

BLMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because I trust me and my mechanical aptitude to be able to fix this as good as some mechanic that probably hasn't ever done it either. Nothing against them but I will give it a shot first. ITs not like Im tearing the motor down or something. Plus much more convenient than taking it back to them several times. Now if I can get it then Ill take it to them. Also, I like working on my cars so it sorta falls in the fun category.
Makes sense. I tend to always break a clip or two (no matter how careful) and have to go to the dealer to get more. Plus the dealers should have experience given the Mustang has the same issues. But I get it. You also can do it now and not wait two weeks.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Makes sense. I tend to always break a clip or two (no matter how careful) and have to go to the dealer to get more. Plus the dealers should have experience given the Mustang has the same issues. But I get it. You also can do it now and not wait two weeks.
I feel you, but It’s actually very easy to get the door panel off. Much easier than ones I’ve messed with before. My dealer made the bad door workable, but admitted the Ford procedure to check and adjust the window was this long drawn out process and the other doors were “within spec”. They even printed out the shop manual procedure and gave it to me, but I already have it. Basically they didn’t want to mess with it, and based their “within spec” on Broncos in the showroom. Long way of saying some dealers are lazy lol.

BLMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel you, but It’s actually very easy to get the door panel off. Much easier than ones I’ve messed with before. My dealer made the bad door workable, but admitted the Ford procedure to check and adjust the window was this long drawn out process and the other doors were “within spec”. They even printed out the shop manual procedure and gave it to me, but I already have it. Basically they didn’t want to mess with it, and based their “within spec” on Broncos in the showroom. Long way of saying some dealers are lazy lol.
I need to get the manual. I like a challenge and also tend to trust me to be more particular on the final results. I also don't know my dealer well enough to know how particular the service department is or isn't. Experience so far has been pretty good. Needed the hood aligned. They agreed and did a great job. I really only have one window with an issue. Sometimes it lowers after it is opened. Kind of funny. Like it said "Oh, right! I need to go down a bit. Nothing to see here folks!" :)

Edit: But first I need to see about replacing a parking sensor on one of my older cars. Hopefully, without removing the whole bumper cover.

imstimpy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've noticed this issue on the driver's front door and its been bugging me. The driver's rear does not have the issue. It isn't major, it just feels like it is just off.

The frameless doors in my previous vehicles (multiple M3s and S2000s, and a Porsche) did not have the problem.

Sponsored

Quick

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I tried the adjustment specified earlier in this thread, and it solved my problems. Was a huge pain in the butt as it was trial and error as you can't have the window positioned while you adjust the seating, so you're constantly moving it out of position to get to the bolts.

But, I adjusted all four of my doors and it's significantly better now. I don't feel like it's going to shatter the window when I open the door.

CarreraX

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E30 M3, 993 C4S, GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So today I adjusted the windows on my
2 door. Door panel comes off super easily. Actually impressed with the quality. Anyway had to adjust the window glass to regulator bolts. Took a few times but much better now. With the window lowered, compare the glass height to the inner seal height in the front and back of each window. Mine was not consistent between the front and the back. Made some adjustments and on about the 3rd time I found the sweet spot. For mine, the sweet spot is for the glass to be between 5/16” and 3/8” lower than the inside glass seal. To adjust the glass have the window a few inches up from the bottom. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Tortuga353

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did I read there is a service bulletin now on this issue? I don’t mind attempting myself but I just picked up my Bronco Friday.

Anyone like making YouTube videos and want some views?

** I did go check and my worst door passenger rear is clearly higher toward the rear than the front. Driver rear is nearly level. Both fronts are slightly higher towards the front.

Last edited:

CarreraX

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E30 M3, 993 C4S, GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Did I read there is a service bulletin now on this issue? I don’t mind attempting myself but I just picked up my Bronco Friday.

Anyone like making YouTube videos and want some views?

** I did go check and my worst door passenger rear is clearly higher toward the rear than the front. Driver rear is nearly level. Both fronts are slightly higher towards the front.
If you are mechanical, I would give it a shot. The door panel comes off easily (There is a video on youtube how to remove it) then a water barrier (plastic with gummy stuff, easy to take off) then a few careful up down adjustments and check the window at the lowered position to make use it it parallel with the inner seal. I just didnt like messing with taking it to the dealer and then let someone try to figure it out. If you are close to Dayton Ohio drop by with a 6 pack and Ill do it :)

Tortuga353

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome. Yeah I am pretty mechanical and would prefer to do this myself. I don’t think any mechanic will be as precise as I will on this. Most are probably in spec but I’ll make them to the best spec for their operation. Are the adjustment points pretty obvious? You mention you can’t see the adjustments so you move up and down. Do you adjust full down, up, or somewhere that the bolts align with an adjustment hole?

. Here is the door panel removal. Wish they gave more of a look around with the panel off.
If you are mechanical, I would give it a shot. The door panel comes off easily (There is a video on youtube how to remove it) then a water barrier (plastic with gummy stuff, easy to take off) then a few careful up down adjustments and check the window at the lowered position to make use it it parallel with the inner seal. I just didnt like messing with taking it to the dealer and then let someone try to figure it out. If you are close to Dayton Ohio drop by with a 6 pack and Ill do it :)
Sponsored