First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E30 M3, 993 C4S, GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Awesome. Yeah I am pretty mechanical and would prefer to do this myself. I don’t think any mechanic will be as precise as I will on this. Most are probably in spec but I’ll make them to the best spec for their operation. Are the adjustment points pretty obvious? You mention you can’t see the adjustments so you move up and down. Do you adjust full down, up, or somewhere that the bolts align with an adjustment hole?

. Here is the door panel removal. Wish they gave more of a look around with the panel off.
My car is a 2 door. Not sure if that makes a difference but probably not much. I took mental note of how much lower or higher the front and back needed to go. With the glass avout 1/4 way up from the bottom, you can get to the front and read screws. They are silver and either 7 or 8mm. Cant remember. I would reach in the door and hold the glass and loosen the screw with my other hand. When loose I would raise or lower it slightly with my other hand then tighten it. I would do that with the front and the rear. Then I would run the glass up and then back down. Then look at the glass height and compare to the seal. Do this until they are parallel. May take a couple tries. Very simple. Then test the door and glass. See if its better. You will figure it out after a few tries.

Tortuga353

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Perfect! Thanks for detailed explanation.

Quick

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’ve posted before, but here’s the shop manual for window adjustment. If your slightly handy it’s very simple. You will see once you dig in.
This is gold. Thanks for posting this.

I'm now going to go back and correct all of my guesswork.

Lonesome Dove

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra, Cayman
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I took my Bronco in to my local dealer for window adjustment. About 40 minutes later they handed me this service report:

"Customer states that when opening doors at normal pace, window auto drop hangs up on roof and windows get caught while opening. Check and advise.

Window auto drop is too slow.
Reinitialized the windows in front and rear, adjusted window bolts, and tried using silicon lube on the window, window still does not auto drop when opening handle at normal speeds or even slowly trying to open the door, windows get hung up on soft top. No TSB's present or recalls regarding issue at this time, unable to fix customer concern at this time. Recommend check back in a few months to see if there is a recall released.
"

I pointed out Ford's Special Service Message on this issue to the service writer and he claimed that the mechanic had removed the door panels and attempted to adjust the window to regulator bolts but thinks the problem is the window motor is too slow! Hard to believe that he did all that in less than 40 minutes, but
basically, they're telling me this is my problem. Do I need to contact Ford and ask them if it's typical of their dealers to take this position?

Sponsored

Quick

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
And that is exactly why I chose to adjust mine myself.
agreed. I adjusted mine per the spec yesterday. It’s much better, but still not perfect.

I really wish the car had a fixed roof and full-frame doors. Both seem gimmicky. A price I have to pay for styling and off-road prowess with on-road composure. Oh how I would prefer a large pano sunroof

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Exactly. My dealer adjusted the one they had no choice to, it was that bad. The rest they said were normal. I fixed them myself when I got home. It’s not hard but a little time consuming if your going after perfection. In 40 minutes they didn’t give it much effort.

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After adjusting the window, is there a need to go through the motor reset procedure where you took it down and hold buttons for a bit then roll up and hold for a bit etc?

CarreraX

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E30 M3, 993 C4S, GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
After adjusting the window, is there a need to go through the motor reset procedure where you took it down and hold buttons for a bit then roll up and hold for a bit etc?
Might as well do it. Only takes a minute.

Sponsored

Tortuga353

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Adjusted the rear doors today and pretty easy. Took a while on the first one to figure out the minor adjustments.

The second one I pretty much adjusted on the first try. I found it best to loosen just enough to move and small movements.

it is soo much better now. Thanks for the instructions and the guys blazing the trail to fix these little issues. I also added felt tape and Noico sound deadening to doors and rear cargo area. It eliminated the awful sub rattle.
Ford Bronco window getting caught when opening door AC59D194-3143-4028-BB9E-841D3B3962CB

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'll try the window reset, I have one window, right rear, doing this on my '22 OBX.

Update: Tried the window reset, didn’t work.

Last edited:

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My passenger rear door is really bad too. Debating on fixing myself (im mechanically inclined - just hoped to take a step back from it with my brand new car -_-) so may try dealer first? “Reset procedure” did nothing.

Can someone show which bolts need adjusting?

CarreraX

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E30 M3, 993 C4S, GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I dont have a 4 door but the screws are pretty obvious. 2 silver screws for each window to adjust up/down. I think M7 if memory serves.

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I had this problem with my rear passenger door window. Had it into our Ford service adviser to fix, and the shop followed the service bulletin on the issue involving adjusting the height of the glass. Fixed and service department did a great job. Done the same day.
Sponsored