Sponsored

Anyone seen window problem where it does not drop when opening door?

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

So I have multiple occurrences where whatever mechanism in the door is supposed to drop the window a half inch or so when the door is opened stops working.

I take it to the dealer and there are no diagnostic codes from the OBD port. They go thru whatever process they have to “reset” the window and the problem goes away, but then keeps coming back.

this is really irritating. If anyone know what causes this, I would really like to know.

I have video showing the problem below. In addition, when this bug appears, the “auto-up” feature also stops working. This is the 2nd video where I expect the window to to all the way up but it stops as soon as l take my finger off the window lift switch. It moves twice in the video because I pulled up on the button twice.

My Ford service says there is no recall or service bulletin related to this.

Sponsored

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel like if it keeps happening ford should get involved. How often has it happened where it resets.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is the issue happening to both doors or just one? If 1, I‘d just think replace the door, if both, sounds like software.

What model year?

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sucks to do all the time, but pdrform a window reset and it should fix it (at least temporarily).

Hold the window switch down until fully open and hold for a few seconds, then up until fully closed and hold for a few seconds, then down again until fully open and hold a few seconds, then up again until fully closed and hold for a few seconds.

Also ask them to see if there are any window module updates available

Last edited:

Jhopkinson

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 OBX 4dr SAS, 22 Base 2dr SAS, 2021 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The reset does not fix the problem of the window not dropping enough when opening the door. The door panel needs to be taken off and there are some adjustment screws for the window which solves this problem. The dealer should be able to do it, but some have adjusted it themselves. There was a thread awhile back about this...if I find it I will link it for you.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/window-getting-caught-when-opening-door.24948/page-8

Sponsored
OP
OP
tourproto

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The reset does not fix the problem of the window not dropping enough when opening the door. The door panel needs to be taken off and there are some adjustment screws for the window which solves this problem. The dealer should be able to do it, but some have adjusted it themselves. There was a thread awhile back about this...if I find it I will link it for you.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/window-getting-caught-when-opening-door.24948/page-8
the dealer has done this to both rear doors (passenger side 2x and driver side once). And now happening again on passenger rear. I will show them the video. Before I never had video.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I noticed both my rear doors don’t seem to be indexing anymore. I wonder if it is the cold?

OP
OP
tourproto

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I noticed both my rear doors don’t seem to be indexing anymore. I wonder if it is the cold?
So it was cold (14*) this past week in OR when this happened again, but prior instances did not happen during cold spells. So I don't think that is the underlying factor.

OP
OP
tourproto

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is the issue happening to both doors or just one? If 1, I‘d just think replace the door, if both, sounds like software.

What model year?
2022. It has happened to both rear doors. But not to either front door.

Sponsored
OP
OP
tourproto

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

So I have multiple occurrences where whatever mechanism in the door is supposed to drop the window a half inch or so when the door is opened stops working.

I take it to the dealer and there are no diagnostic codes from the OBD port. They go thru whatever process they have to “reset” the window and the problem goes away, but then keeps coming back.

this is really irritating. If anyone know what causes this, I would really like to know.

I have video showing the problem below. In addition, when this bug appears, the “auto-up” feature also stops working. This is the 2nd video where I expect the window to to all the way up but it stops as soon as l take my finger off the window lift switch. It moves twice in the video because I pulled up on the button twice.

watch the you tube videos

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So it was cold (14*) this past week in OR when this happened again, but prior instances did not happen during cold spells. So I don't think that is the underlying factor.
I'm also subject to the windshield wiper slowdown, and I've noticed the cold seems to affect that as well. I tried many things, lifting wipers, smaller blades, rain-x, and thought I fixed it because it went away. Never had an issue all summer, but now that it is cold it happens every time. Driving home from the slopes during snow a few weeks ago I had to keep changing the setting to get them to work.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

OP
OP
tourproto

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model