Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Nissan Titan Pro-4x , 2021 Ford Bronco 4Dr BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am having issue as well with rear passenger side getting caught and can not roll up with auto up. Need to hold button down to roll up. Window was sitting outside of the top weather strip. Will try resetting tomorrow to see if that fixes position. Keeping an eye on this thread.
Sponsored

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
my two door passenger side is really slow. Catches on the seal every time. Driver door works as is should. I also tried the reset procedure and it didn’t change anything.

BLMike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Ultimate Wrangler and two other normal cars
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

SSM 50005

I think it was a Mustang forum I read the same thing. Suggestion was to disconnect power to the window while it was in motion. This resets everything. Then do the up, hold, down, hold. Plus cycle window 5 times after that. Don't take my word for this, I am going off of memory. Attached doc references workshop manual sections. My passenger front door does it. Sometimes drops after it is open. Will be going in to deal with a TSB in Feb/March and have them take a look.

Attachments

CarreraX

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E30 M3, 993 C4S, GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
my two door passenger side is really slow. Catches on the seal every time. Driver door works as is should. I also tried the reset procedure and it didn’t change anything.
Since your drivers side works well can I ask a favor. Can you take a picture of the window down and show its height relative to the inside seal? This an adjustment and I would like to see what a good one looks like so I can match it. Thanks!!

Sponsored

djn3400

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BaseSquatch, Chevy Suburban, Kia K5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@TX-Hans - any updates from your end? Did you take it to the dealer? Mine seems to be getting worse as time goes on.

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I saw this issue from Doug's review on Youtube. I thought it was addressed by now but guess not..

GloNDark

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco Ranger & 2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wonder if there's an AsBuilt setting in the door modules to adjust window speed / distance / delay.

Given there's adjustments in other modules for things like windshield type, steering wheel temperature, and massage bladder pressure... Stands to reason they made the window software-adjustable rather than hardcoding it in firmware.

Sponsored

milnicks

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Having this same issue with my rear passenger-side window. Interesting how many in this thread have the same issue with the same window. Would prefer to avoid the dealership as long as possible but will probably take it in eventually.

OP
OP
TX-Hans

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
@TX-Hans - any updates from your end? Did you take it to the dealer? Mine seems to be getting worse as time goes on.
No resolution yet. I took it in once a week ago and they were unable to find any service bulletins on it and tech was not able to fix; gave it a good try. I provided copies of the special service message I found here on 6G so they could look into it (it did not populate when they ran my VIN so Ford has some updating to do so service techs can find it easier). They asked for me to bring it back in next week. This was the first time they had come across the issue so a bit of learning curve, which is understandable. I'm guessing they'll get it this time.

I too think it's interesting that there are a high number of reports on this board about the rear passenger window being the problem. Makes me wonder about a voltage drop to that motor given I believe it's the farthest distance from the battery/fuse box area. On the other hand, folks have found success with the adjustments called for in the SSM.

Attachments

Cfield90

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco/22 Escape/01 Softail/90 Bronco (former)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am having the exact same issue with the exact same window (rear passenger)

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

There is another long thread on this someone posted a link to above. Long story short I took mine into the dealer before I attempted to adjust myself. Rear passenger window was main issue. The dealership got it adjusted much better, it didn't feel like it would shatter anymore. I still wasn't happy with it or my other windows. I went at it myself and got them all adjusted to 90% satisfaction. This took several hours and I was very diligent, this issue drives me nuts. I am 100% confident I have them as perfect as possible with the hardware I have. They still get caught a bit and make a noise, slight shake sometimes. The design is flawed, and it seems way too many of these leave the factory out of spec.

I think whoever works the rear passenger window station at the factory needs some retraining though. Or whatever jig they use needs adjustment. Mine was 4mm higher on the left side than the right. I would bet most of these rear passenger issues are the same, the window is installed crooked. It doesn't take much to give you the shake.

Here is the shop manual on how to adjust the windows. It looks daunting but really isnt that bad once you jump in. My dealership fixed the one window and said the others were within spec. They used their two mannequins to show me what spec was. I need to take mine back and show them how much better it can be.

Attachments

Tortuga353

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did it this morning and soo happy. It works soo much better.

30CB3BBB-C3E4-44FE-AD43-866E37632D2D.jpeg
Sponsored