Sponsored

Anyone take their Broncos to hit some sand dunes?

BootyWizard

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 Door Wildtrak | 1994 Toyota 4Runner.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Doing a PCH roadtrip soon, wanted to hit the dunes in Pismo Beach. Anyone have experience using their Broncos at the dunes? If ya got any advice i'm all ears.

I got a wildtrak, so I'll have access to Baja mode.
Sponsored

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have been to pismo many times. I have a BD. 2 dr stick. I lower down the tire pressure to right under 20. Lock the rear diff. And put it into sport mode. And 4 high. I have not got stuck yet. And this thing rips. I can follow any side by side or buggy and it’s no sweat. Just keep your momentum and wheelspin going. It’s a real blast!!

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Also I’m in LA too if you want to meet up and go. Or we could get a whole west coast group ride going.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Grab an air compressor. Don’t be afraid to lower pressure to 15 or even down 10 on the sand. Don’t stop going up hill if possible stop going down hill. My stock OBX did fantastic at the dunes. With the bigger tires you’ll be fine!

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Grab an air compressor. Don’t be afraid to lower pressure to 15 or even down 10 on the sand. Don’t stop going up hill if possible stop going down hill. My stock OBX did fantastic at the dunes. With the bigger tires you’ll be fine!
Just be careful going lower than 20 with no beadlocks. And pismo has air for $1 provided by mr banana. By the banana cabana.

Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just be careful going lower than 20 with no beadlocks. And pismo has air for $1 provided by mr banana. By the banana cabana.
Nah on sand no problems. In sand my stock OBX had no issues at 15. Just be careful once out of the sand go slow and air back before hitting the pavement.
Ford Bronco Anyone take their Broncos to hit some sand dunes? F81F488C-75BF-46DF-AF3E-257C1BEC3423

DangerMTBBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been to pismo many times. I have a BD. 2 dr stick. I lower down the tire pressure to right under 20. Lock the rear diff. And put it into sport mode. And 4 high. I have not got stuck yet. And this thing rips. I can follow any side by side or buggy and it’s no sweat. Just keep your momentum and wheelspin going. It’s a real blast!!
Great advice here. I also turn off traction control in the sand.

illverado

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
700whp stick shift 2000 silverado 2011 caprice ppv
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Heck yeah! Stopped at buttercup and Gordon’s well dunes on the way home with mine when it was 105* out. Aired down to 25psi, 4H, rear locker on and traction control and advancetrak off we had a great time! If you leave traction control on in any mode you won’t make it up any big hills it pulls all the power out and it sinks. Advancetrak likes to kick in if you turn back down hill aggressively and stomp the inside front brake and get you stuck too. In the next comment I’m going to try to upload both videos, first one advancetrak almost got me stuck sideways and for sure would have flipped it.

illverado

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

illverado

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m not sure about traction control because I think mine automatically turned off when I put the rear lockers on. Anyways it’s also important to put it in manually shifting if you have an automatic. I have a stick so like I said it’s important to keep the wheels spinning an automatic will up shift and get you stuck real quick.

Bronco Don

Black Diamond
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was at Pismo and never got stuck, just use your sand mode and it does all the work for you.

6A28D3CF-85B6-4F65-9AFB-FC13F0F7729F.jpeg

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was at Pismo and never got stuck, just use your sand mode and it does all the work for you.

Ford Bronco Anyone take their Broncos to hit some sand dunes? 6A28D3CF-85B6-4F65-9AFB-FC13F0F7729F
You do realize the modes are just shortcuts for what I suggested. And it is important to understand what’s happening not just put it in sand mode
ypu still have to manually shift. Sand mode doesn’t do that for you.

Desert runner

First Edition
First Name
FAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco'21 /Raptor'22 / Silverado 2500'22
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Heck yeah! Stopped at buttercup and Gordon’s well dunes on the way home with mine when it was 105* out. Aired down to 25psi, 4H, rear locker on and traction control and advancetrak off we had a great time! If you leave traction control on in any mode you won’t make it up any big hills it pulls all the power out and it sinks. Advancetrak likes to kick in if you turn back down hill aggressively and stomp the inside front brake and get you stuck too. In the next comment I’m going to try to upload both videos, first one advancetrak almost got me stuck sideways and for sure would have flipped it.
i have the exact same issue most of my offroading is in the sand and i love it.
but the traction is an issue that is extremly frustrating. did some research and i found out the only way is to disable the traction completly using the fusebox through the same way its done on old raptors and f150. remove the anti lock brake fuse. i did not test or try this yet.

i found this information in the raptor forums and hesitant to test it. below are two fuses
in the raptor forums they figured out to remove the anti lock module and the anti lock brake fuses. now i do want to try this as it is essential to my way of offroading. if anyone has tried this. would appriciate the feedback

bronco anti lock fuse numbers :

2860AAnti-lock brake system valves.
2960AAnti-lock brake system pump.

Ford Bronco Anyone take their Broncos to hit some sand dunes? front

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i have the exact same issue most of my offroading is in the sand and i love it.
but the traction is an issue that is extremly frustrating. did some research and i found out the only way is to disable the traction completly using the fusebox through the same way its done on old raptors and f150. remove the anti lock brake fuse. i did not test or try this yet.

i found this information in the raptor forums and hesitant to test it. below are two fuses
in the raptor forums they figured out to remove the anti lock module and the anti lock brake fuses. now i do want to try this as it is essential to my way of offroading. if anyone has tried this. would appriciate the feedback

bronco anti lock fuse numbers :

2860AAnti-lock brake system valves.
2960AAnti-lock brake system pump.

Ford Bronco Anyone take their Broncos to hit some sand dunes? front
Not sure if it works on all models, but I can turn off all traction control just by holding down the traction control switch for a few seconds.
Sponsored