Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You misspelled "facts"
Since you are going to troll people's trim levels and choices, let me say this......

Enjoy your cold ass in the winter and tiny screen. :p
Sponsored

Kmcran

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really wonder if the HOSS 3.0 was meant to be included this whole time but maybe was cut to streamline the 2021 models due to the parts availability or something. After introducing that, the whole high speed offroad marketing for the WT makes a lot more sense. I was deciding between my sasquatch badlands and a wildtrak, and ultimately went for the badlands for the MGV and wash out interior. I am probably in the minority though that likes the digital camo looking cloth interior.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really wonder if the HOSS 3.0 was meant to be included this whole time but maybe was cut to streamline the 2021 models due to the parts availability or something. After introducing that, the whole high speed offroad marketing for the WT makes a lot more sense. I was deciding between my sasquatch badlands and a wildtrak, and ultimately went for the badlands for the MGV and wash out interior. I am probably in the minority though that likes the digital camo looking cloth interior.
From what I have understood it was. But they refused to abandon releasing the Trim and instead watered it down, multiple times. The Wildtrak is officially the top trim level for a regular line (non performance). However they really fumbled it bringing it to the Bronco and basically made it meaningless. Internal to Ford it was an OBX with appearances. The 2022 Wildtrak with the Fox 3.0 is officially now itā€™s own item.

Five-O Donut Hole

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor-Loaded-Original Owner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
the Top Bronco trim is which ever model fits your intended purpose. (rock crawling, high speed off roading, beach cruiser, dare I say mall crawlers) a side note, most of us buy a BL's or WT aren't buying them for their looks we're buying them for they're off road capabilities.
I have no shame of being in that minority, or is it really the majority? I doubt my Wildtrak will ever be used for major off roading. Iā€™ve never owned an open air vehicle and kicked around the idea of buying a Jeep prior to the 6th Gen Bronco being introduced. I am buying the Bronco purely for its looks as I did my Raptor. Itā€™s nice to know that the vehicle has certain capabilities if needed though.

A ā€˜Street Kingā€™ is what I like to refer to since malls are pretty much obsolete around my parts.

Sponsored

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would agree for 2021 Wildtraks, but now that 2022 Wildtraks have plastic door handles and mirror caps the Badlands takes its rightful place as the best Bronco trim.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
don't all trims have plastic door handles and mirror caps?

I would agree for 2021 Wildtraks, but now that 2022 Wildtraks have plastic door handles and mirror caps the Badlands takes its rightful place as the best Bronco trim.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For the last few months I've been firmly in the camp of "Wildtrack trim shouldn't exist" and "WT = Sas OBX"

Had the chance to see a Shadow Black WT in person over the weekend and I was absolutely blown away. Looked incredible and definitely feels like the top Bronco trim to me. The fact it comes standard Sas & 2.7 is one thing, but some of the appearance details that are derided here as stickers and wheel colors make a big difference in person.

I'm hoping to take delivery of my OBX this week so my WT opinion is worth what you paid for it. Just thought I'd share how my understanding of the Bronco models changed quite a bit over the weekend.
Up until the second half of the 2022 MY the WT trim really shouldn't have existed. All they had to do was add a blackout package to the OBX and called it a day. Instead they had a trim that took away 90% of your customization choices. Now that HOSS 3.0 is here, it does serve a purpose and great one at that. I feel bad for everyone that got a 2021 or early 2022 WT and missed out on the intended HOSS 3.0 purpose. That sucks really bad, Ford should have just held that trim back untl it was ready. It would be like Jeep selling the Mojave without the running gear, lol.

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 4Runner, ā€˜16 BMW 328i, ā€˜96 Stang GT, ā€˜19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I switched from WT to an optioned up SAS OBX once it became clear the loss of some of the things that made WT unique left it with only Baja mode and the hood graphic and available side graphic, and I strongly preferred the OBX roast interior. I donā€˜t like graphics on my vehicles and Baja mode is easy to add. My optioned up OBX was basically the same price as WT, and has every single bit of tech and stuff like mod bumper, bash plates, aux, etc. Iā€™ll be adding Baja and blacking out my horsey.

However, the addition of HOSS 3.0 finally makes WT stand aloneā€¦a little bit. If I were ordering today I might switch back. Probably not, but only because of the subjective choice of not liking WT interior options.

My view is the top rock crawler is Badlands, and the top overall is WT or optioned up OBX SAS. But there is incredible value in a 2 door base SAS if you donā€™t care about mid to lux packages.

Cant go wrong with any trim with SAS.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Manufacturers have people that specialized in deciding what trim and every option included in that trim and whether it will sell and make money.
Pro tip...they mostly use a spinning wheel to decide:

Ford Bronco Apologies to Wildtrack Owners... 1649085368824

Sponsored

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
From what I have understood it was. But they refused to abandon releasing the Trim and instead watered it down, multiple times. The Wildtrak is officially the top trim level for a regular line (non performance). However they really fumbled it bringing it to the Bronco and basically made it meaningless. Internal to Ford it was an OBX with appearances. The 2022 Wildtrak with the Fox 3.0 is officially now itā€™s own item.
I would say the exclusivity of the MY21 and early MY22 WT resides in the fact that you could not order it in a lesser or alternate power train and suspension configuration like you could in any other trim. If you didnā€™t want the TT V6, 10 Speed Auto, Sasquatch and both Sport and Baja modes you needed to look for a different trim because all of those things are exclusive to High Speed Off-road. You can build an OBX or BL to be equal or even more capable, but you canā€™t alter the core capabilities of the WT. I would also say, it is the only trim that I can tell what it is from the profile and rear views. All other trims (unless itā€™s an FE or modded aftermarket) have a silver rear Bronco emblem, and warm alloy beauty ringsā€¦..absent stickers, I literally canā€™t tell the difference looking at the Sasquatch profile of the other trims. And when you add the WT graphics pkg (love it or hate it) itā€™s immediately identifiable. Look inside and see the only trim with a patterned (digicam seat) and itā€™s instantly recognizable. Looking at the hood? Yep the graphic ion the hood cowl identify it as a WT. I realize these are mostly appearance and not performance related distinctions. I realize you can build most of the capabilities of the WT in the build and price tool for other trimsā€¦and you can plasti-dip, paint and powder coat other models to look like the WT, but thatā€™s besides the point. And emulation is the most sincere form of flattery. I donā€™t see many people, if any, turning their beauty rings, emblem, or grill to silver or warm alloy. I also donā€™t think it was an accident that Ford made the FE look virtually identical to the WT. I think the lack of a pained gloss hard top and the loss of the gloss black mirror caps and body colored door handles dis improve the WT from an appearance perspectiveā€¦.but absent the black painted top it makes more sense from an appearance and functionality perspective to go with MIC.
The HOSS 3.0 further distinguishes the WT from a performance perspective, but I feel there was already a lot of distinction in the WT trim.

Last edited:

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Since you are going to troll people's trim levels and choices, let me say this......

Enjoy your cold ass in the winter and tiny screen. :p
Since I've driven both off-road and know what the f I'm talking about and live where I don't need ass-heat, Besides, I flipped mine for +$13K and have another on order. Enjoy your malls.

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

don't all trims have plastic door handles and mirror caps?
Now they all do except for the Outer Banks. 2021 Wildtraks had black painted mirror caps and body colored handles.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I dunno, I parked my Wildtrak next to a couple of Badlands over this weekend. The Wildtrak garnered a lot more attention. One was 2dr, the other 4, both in Antimatter Blue. So ymmv.
Sponsored