Sponsored

Apple CarPlay - How do I get my Bronco to not auto switch to my phone for an audio source on start?

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just turn your Bluetooth on your phone off before starting the Bronco. That's what I do, but I'm running Android.
The Bronco kept remotly turning on my BT, drove me nuts. Finally found the setting (yea internet) to prevent that.
Sponsored

Kygolfer

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Your lucky. I can’t get mine to connect to CarPlay about 80% of the time. Not my phones problem because it connects to wife’s wrangler without a problem.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine always reverts to my wife’s phone even if I was connected last. Very annoying, I tried removing hers from my list and then reconnecting after mine..not working..it’s like hers is the priority phone. It’s like it knows something ..🤣
Same here!

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not sure with CarPlay, but with Android Auto there is a setting (on my phone) for autoplay (on/off). I turn off auto play and it does not automatically switch to AA.
The hero we needed. Thanks for that. Can't believe I put up with it for so long.

Sponsored

blumtn

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'83 Toyota 4x4, '93 FJ80, '01 F250 4x4, '86 FXRS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My solution was to not enable carplay over wireless. So if I want carplay I must connect the USB cable (once connected though you can disconnect the cable and it keeps working). I don't understand why there would not be someway to toggle between carplay and home screen. For example, audio on/off or tuning knob. I did discover that if audio source is radio and carplay takes over screen, turning the tuning nob will shill show the freq in the top of screen and you can touch that to get back to audio screen. But once audio source is carplay no way to get back that I could find.

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine has picked up an annoying habit this past week, that if I'm listening to an FM radio station, but using apple maps for navigation, the first few announcements from apple Maps switches the audio source to Bluetooth.
After I switch it back 3-4 times, it will stop and stay on FM.
Sponsored