Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Literally a setting issue here. I've never had the same problem across vehicles, motorcycles or a Slingshot whatever you'd call that thing.
Perhaps there is a proprietary setting they can charge you to activate, then remove it if you change users ala Tesla? :unsure:

I love the future!
Sponsored

ATX_Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd love to know the solution to this as well.

Easy-v

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Try navigating with apple maps when connected to car play - you should get the vibrations on the watch when you have to turn.

See if you are at least getting that.

OP
OP
Lonestar777

Lonestar777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Try navigating with apple maps when connected to car play - you should get the vibrations on the watch when you have to turn.

See if you are at least getting that.
I use Apple Maps almost every day through wireless car play, and I've never gotten the vibration on my watch to turn.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lonestar777

Lonestar777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know people are responding that this has worked in other vehicles, but I'm really trying to get confirmation on whether this works for someone specifically in the Bronco, or at least another vehicle running Sync 4.

Easy-v

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How old is your watch? Carplay is an apple product that Ford licenses. I doubt this is a Ford issue...

And why are you looking at your watch when you are driving instead of that big @$$ display in the bronco?

And, I hate my apple watch as it always seems to slip itself on mute alerts often all by itself or to movie mode, and always seems to want to present a pin logon when all i want to do is check the time. It's a useless piece of garbage to me - but I am heartened to see it's seemingly useful to you.

Ford Bronco Apple Watch not alerting when on Carplay 1641503397480

OP
OP
Lonestar777

Lonestar777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How old is your watch? Carplay is an apple product that Ford licenses. I doubt this is a Ford issue...

And why are you looking at your watch when you are driving instead of that big @$$ display in the bronco?

And, I hate my apple watch as it always seems to slip itself on mute alerts often all by itself or to movie mode, and always seems to want to present a pin logon when all i want to do is check the time. It's a useless piece of garbage to me - but I am heartened to see it's seemingly useful to you.

Thanks, I do have a series 4 watch, so maybe that's the issue. I don't see why that should really matter since it's not my watch that's connecting to carplay in this case. The phone (iphone X and now iphone 13) is connecting to carplay, and the watch is connecting to the phone.

I do have a love/hate relationship with the watch. For running and tracking pace/mileage it's awesome. For getting notifications and not having to look at the phone constantly it's nice. As an actual watch I'd much prefer an automatic/mechanical watch. And I'm not looking at the watch while I'm driving, I'm relying on the vibration to tell me I got a text or something, and then I would have Siri read that text to me. But I can't do that if I don't know that I got the text in the first place!

OP
OP
Lonestar777

Lonestar777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I tried this today with my daughter’s series 5 watch and it still didn’t work.

Easy-v

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well - https://support.apple.com/guide/watch/get-directions-apdea7480950/watchos#:~:text=When you’re using turn-by-turn directions, your Apple Watch,to receive—Driving, Driving with CarPlay, Walking, and Cycling.

and

https://9to5mac.com/2017/03/23/apple-watch-driving-mode/

Can't speak to the Bronco - but I have a fusion with the latest Sync version - I only get nav notifications while driving on my apple watch. Never specifically noticed any difference between connected wireless and plugged in. Most of the time i am plugged in via USB cable.... Maybe go through the first link to verify settings, and then safely check while you are driving if DND is on.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lonestar777

Lonestar777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I tried a test today driving with just my phone and not my watch. I got text notifications audibly from my phone, so I know my phone is not going into any do not disturb mode while driving.
Sponsored