Sponsored

Apple CarPlay - How do I get my Bronco to not auto switch to my phone for an audio source on start?

TommyHawk

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion, 1997 GMC 1500, 1965 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Every time I get in my Bronco and start it up as soon as it recognizes my phone it auto switches to it for an audio source. Is there a way to get it to hold the last audio source when the car was turned off so I don't have to switch back to XM, or antenna every time? TIA for any advice!
Sponsored

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

mine stays on XM (or whatever source I was on when I last left the vehicle) even when my phone connects to CarPlay. However, If there is an audio track playing on my phone when it connects, it will switch to CarPlay source.

Sometimes my phone is playing a track and I am unaware since I always keep my audio off on my phone.

Hobbes

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you use Apple CarPlay also? If you don't tend to use it, just unpair the bluetooth settings with your phone and your Bronco.
For me it's not a problem because I only use Apple CarPlay for audio and I am happy when it automatically connects.

OP
OP
TommyHawk

TommyHawk

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion, 1997 GMC 1500, 1965 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do you use Apple CarPlay also? If you don't tend to use it, just unpair the bluetooth settings with your phone and your Bronco.
For me it's not a problem because I only use Apple CarPlay for audio and I am happy when it automatically connects.
I do use both. I've just noticed if I'm using Spotify or whatever with my headphones and then later jump in the car it auto switches. I'd rather it just remember what I had on last!

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I do use both. I've just noticed if I'm using Spotify or whatever with my headphones and then later jump in the car it auto switches. I'd rather it just remember what I had on last!
you might want to check Spotify app settings. I think there is an autoplay option when it detects a speaker device.

Sponsored

TahoeTexan

Outer Banks
First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not sure with CarPlay, but with Android Auto there is a setting (on my phone) for autoplay (on/off). I turn off auto play and it does not automatically switch to AA.

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My problem is even if I turn off the Apple CarPlay Music App (or pause the song) prior to me exiting the vehicle, the next time I get in it automatically starts playing my song where it left off. Not ideal depending on what song was playing and who is getting in the car with me (kids, boss, etc.) lol 🤣 . Anyone have any fixes or tips for that?

Lilhoss105

Wildtrak
First Name
Courtland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIC, Carbon Grey, High
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Our Bronco is doing the same thing and it’s driving my wife absolutely nuts. Just leave it on the damn satellite radio, but she picks up her phone and switches everytime. It’s VERY IRRITATING.

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Our Bronco is doing the same thing and it’s driving my wife absolutely nuts. Just leave it on the damn satellite radio, but she picks up her phone and switches everytime. It’s VERY IRRITATING.
Yup, same for me. It is like the iphone/CarPlay takes priority over any other audio source.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Double tap home. Swipe up Apple Music app to stop the app/CarPlay. Pause doesn’t stop it.

Sponsored

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine always reverts to my wife’s phone even if I was connected last. Very annoying, I tried removing hers from my list and then reconnecting after mine..not working..it’s like hers is the priority phone. It’s like it knows something ..🤣

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't read all the replies, but by chance when you setup up your key fob for you did you have your music source your phone? That is yours has the memory seats and stuff.

Bigred86

Black Diamond
First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2016 Harley Davidson Sportster48
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just turn your Bluetooth on your phone off before starting the Bronco. That's what I do, but I'm running Android.

josh1121

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan XD Diesel 4x4, LandRover Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My problem is similar and happening right now. My phone is connected to carplay. I’m parked, playing Cherry Poppin’ Daddys on SiriusXM and scrolling through Bronco6G. Then all of the sudden, it switches over to my phone audio and there is nothing there, so I have to switch back to Sirius. I assume it’s due to one of the stupid adds on this app. Any ideas for how to remove auto audio switching?

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
For Android I solved this by digging deep into the settings and denying permission for external sources to turn on bluetooth.

Now it will only connect when I turn bluetooth on. I normally have BT off since it is a battery killer.
Sponsored