Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I think 23s are done, but if your in the queue just stay up to date and do your reorders ASAP and hope Ford pulls it first before another log jam is created.
Sponsored

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think 23s are done, but if your in the queue just stay up to date and do your reorders ASAP and hope Ford pulls it first before another log jam is created.
Isn't it really early to stop '23s? I guess less "rules" of normality with all things Braptor...

Long Island WildTrak 22

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Raptor, 1994 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Isn't it really early to stop '23s? I guess less "rules" of normality with all things Braptor...
They are done taking orders for raptors, but they haven’t scheduled all of the 23s. They are only up to the first week of June for raptors

Cheezus

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have a sticker and module action. Nothing since 4/11 though.

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
There's obviously a big difference between order bank closed and production capacity. From the last few posts a production issue seems likely.

I sure hope I don't get pushed to '24 which would entail 2 guaranteed price increases and likely a 3rd for '24 itself.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Although Ford claims that retooling the production line at MAP that makes the Bronco (for the Ranger) has only affected availability of the Base, Everglades and all MT units, it seems reasonable this may also be affecting other models.

Motortrend article on this from April

Maybe I'm just trying to find an supporting info to give me optimism for a '23 allocation and build...

Long Island WildTrak 22

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Raptor, 1994 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Has anyone heard if they are pulling may allocations this week?

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Bump... Not even sure if that does anything here...

Anxiety is getting the best of me on this. Thanks in advance if anyone has insights or even anecdotes.

Last edited:

ATXGuy

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSQ8
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Bump... Not even sure if that does anything here...

Anxiety is getting the best of me on this. Thanks in advance if anyone has insights or even anecdotes.
probably too late to get a 23 allocation. Im thinking most dealerships are still hand picking orders.

My order says production week of 5/15.

RAR13

Raptor
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco/Chevy Traverse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
probably too late to get a 23 allocation. Im thinking most dealerships are still hand picking orders.

My order says production week of 5/15.
This is my understanding as well. Mothership calls down and says "Send us your priority build". Nobody, not even Ford, knows how many more Braptors they can build this year. Some dealerships, like the infamous one in Alabama, processed like 20+ Braptor orders because they just left the ability to create them open from Sept-April. The orders are meaningless unless the dealership picks them when given an allocation. Well, they do give you price protection if the dealership honors it instead of pocketing it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This is my understanding as well. Mothership calls down and says "Send us your priority build". Nobody, not even Ford, knows how many more Braptors they can build this year. Some dealerships, like the infamous one in Alabama, processed like 20+ Braptor orders because they just left the ability to create them open from Sept-April. The orders are meaningless unless the dealership picks them when given an allocation. Well, they do give you price protection if the dealership honors it instead of pocketing it.
Not sure I understand your post.

That said, stopping '23 Braptor builds seems entirely out of line with how long the prior model year was built.

Also, I find it very hard to believe any dealer would sit on/hold any Braptor allocations. Whether a dealer can get one for stock or if ordering for a clients build, they want to get as many vehicles as soon as possible.

FMC also has a very good idea how many they can build and thus will hand out allocations, like always, according to dealers size/volume of sales.

RAR13

Raptor
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco/Chevy Traverse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Not sure I understand your post.

That said, stopping '23 Braptor builds seems entirely out of line with how long the prior model year was built.

Also, I find it very hard to believe any dealer would sit on/hold any Braptor allocations. Whether a dealer can get one for stock or if ordering for a clients build, they want to get as many vehicles as soon as possible.

FMC also has a very good idea how many they can build and thus will hand out allocations, like always, according to dealers size/volume of sales.
I also believe they will continue building until the end of the year, but I don't think anyone besides a few dozen high ranking Ford employees with signed NDAs have any idea on how many Ford can/will produce for MY23 given the constant setbacks.

If I inferred correctly, he is saying that trying to get a dealership's allocation this far into MY23 is highly unlikely unless you already have an order placed. From my understanding, dealerships could place as many retail Braptor orders as they wanted between September and April, which generates the email below. It was not limited to the "Ordering Window" for normal Broncos. Multiple conversations on this forum have shown that this email is borderline useless. When a dealership receives an allocation for a Ford Performance vehicle, they send whatever build they want to, regardless of time stamp.

I wasn't claiming that a dealership was "sitting" on allocations, what I am saying is that some dealerships kept advertising and submitting Braptor orders full well knowing they wouldn't get near the allocations necessary to fill them. My theory is they encouraged deposits and will attempt to blame and maneuver people to buy a different vehicle when no allocation is given.

The volume of sales isn't everything. I watched the number 3 Ford Dealer by volume of sales in a nearby city catapult to the #1 receiver of Bronco allocations because of two factors:
1. They maximized Bronco Sport sales
2. The sold all regular Broncos at MSRP

Selling the Broncos at MSRP prevented Ford from flagging them as ADM junkies and encouraged original order customers to follow through with their order. Ford tracks both of these as negative impacts to their reputation and have penalized dealer allocations depending on the severity. To what extent, I do not know.

Ford Bronco April/May Allocations/Schedule? 1684216664809

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I also believe they will continue building until the end of the year, but I don't think anyone besides a few dozen high ranking Ford employees with signed NDAs have any idea on how many Ford can/will produce for MY23 given the constant setbacks.
Thanks for clarifying. Yup, agree here and with the rest of your post.
Sponsored