Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Parts are being programmed for machining. We'll have the two door and four door ready for mock up and testing around late February.

I guess this would be a good time to also ask, if there is a hard top two door in the area (PNW) that wants to run/use a rack for a while, let me know.
@Rick Astley
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Parts are being programmed for machining. We'll have the two door and four door ready for mock up and testing around late February.

I guess this would be a good time to also ask, if there is a hard top two door in the area (PNW) that wants to run/use a rack for a while, let me know.
Not sure when I'll take delivery at this point, they keep bumping delivery estimate but possibly sometime in February. If so, i'm happy to bring her by for your testing.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not sure when I'll take delivery at this point, they keep bumping delivery estimate but possibly sometime in February. If so, i'm happy to bring her by for your testing.
I was thinking of testing on White Rim Trail and Moab in general would be the type of testing they would seek out. Seems like a win-win.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I was thinking of testing on White Rim Trail and Moab in general would be the type of testing they would seek out. Seems like a win-win.
If there was a rack on there by the middle of March then i'd be conducting real world testing of it!

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Here's some random two door sauce to get you into the weekend. These renders have the @Baja Designs Triple S2 Chase Light assembly added. The Chase Light will be a stand alone component that can be adapted to most all roof racks. This is the full width version of the two door roof rack. There will also be a narrow option for those that cant handle the girth.

Ford Bronco AR | Roof Rack Project ElCapitan_Base_AF_1

Ford Bronco AR | Roof Rack Project ElCapitan_Base_3

Ford Bronco AR | Roof Rack Project ElCapitan_Base_1

Ford Bronco AR | Roof Rack Project ElCapitan_Full_Monty_2

Ford Bronco AR | Roof Rack Project ElCapitan_Full_Monty_1

Ford Bronco AR | Roof Rack Project ElCapitan_Full_Monty_3

Last edited:

Sponsored

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 22' Braptor, 2020 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

@EIGHTLUG Any chance the molle panel for the roof would be able to be added onto other racks with similar 8020 style aluminum extrusions?

That would be super useful for other people to be able to buy a la cart items from you guys. Maybe even that carbon front air fairing (and the billet front legs, but that might be more of a dream)

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
@EIGHTLUG Any chance the molle panel for the roof would be able to be added onto other racks with similar 8020 style aluminum extrusions?

That would be super useful for other people to be able to buy a la cart items from you guys. Maybe even that carbon front air fairing (and the billet front legs, but that might be more of a dream)
Our plan is to develop fully develop the accessories to be as brand agnostic as possible. So, yes, the MOLLE panel will be able to be adapted to other racks.

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 22' Braptor, 2020 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Our plan is to develop fully develop the accessories to be as brand agnostic as possible. So, yes, the MOLLE panel will be able to be adapted to other racks.
This is huge and great news.

Stuff like this really moves the accessory game forward and end users benefit which is great.

I will definitely be a customer.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looks like I’m getting a MIC tomorrow…would love if the front mounts and platform are cross compatible with any top and the rear section gets swapped out for hard or soft.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Hey Curtis, small update in terms of a local 2-door Bronco for fitting in late February.....

The eagle has landed and crawling in Moab is already scheduled for mid March.

Ford Bronco AR | Roof Rack Project 20230211_161721

And it already has your group buy, custom 1/2 and 1/2 rail installed! Damn thing sat in a box for about 2 years before the Bronco finally arrived!
Ford Bronco AR | Roof Rack Project 20230211_131939

Tagging @Beach_Bum as he was kind enough to tag me on this thread a while back.