The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@EIGHTLUG what are the lead times running lately? I ordered a 4DR magnum (black) on Nov 8. Thanks!

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
@EIGHTLUG what are the lead times running lately? I ordered a 4DR magnum (black) on Nov 8. Thanks!
This is the STIRRUP thread. :) STIRRUPS ship in a couple business days. Your order is for a MAGNUM. Lead time is still the same at ~10 weeks depending on finish.

blaze6

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
SEND IT please! Thank you

Sponsored

GreatDaneMom

Badlands
First Name
Diana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR Badlands; Genuine Buddy Scooter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

SEND IT, please!

bRockinBronco

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands (2-door)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are there any concerns the OEM rock rails may fail to support the STIRRUP over time since they're mounted to the body instead of the frame?!

I'm not at all concerned about whether the STIRRUP itself will hold up; they're obviously built like a tank, and will likely survive a lifetime! I absolutely want a pair!

However, use of the STIRRUP is clearly outside the scope of use of the OEM rock rails. Applying downward force/weight; granted perhaps a fairly insignificant amount, that over time could lead to a rail mount failure.

I read somewhere on this site the rock rails will support 1.5 times the weight of the vehicle. Which suggest briefly supporting only a few hundred pounds through the use of the STIRRUP shouldn't be an issue; even over time!
Was this question ever addressed? I really like them but also share these concerns.

SgroiRoy

Badlands
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco & 2006 Ranger Sport Supercab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was this question ever addressed? I really like them but also share these concerns.
I had not noticed whether there was an answer provided. This thread is over a hundred pages now. I certainly could have missed it.

I finally received the "Your vehicle is scheduled for production" E-mail last week after 919 days of waiting!! I'm even more interested in getting an answer now!

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G2 Raptor, GT350, Land Rover SERIES and DEFENDER
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Looking through my non biased eyes and being underneath our Bronco on several occasions, I don't see or have ever noticed any type of deformation in the metal that the rock sliders are mounted to. It's surprisingly very solidly mounted and would probaby only fail during some heavy duty rock sliding. That being said, with my engineering hat on, the weight you apply to a STIRRUP that's transferred to the rock slider appears to be a mere fraction of what that rock slider can support, in both downward or upward force. My two cents.

Sponsored

bRockinBronco

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands (2-door)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking through my non biased eyes and being underneath our Bronco on several occasions, I don't see or have ever noticed any type of deformation in the metal that the rock sliders are mounted to. It's surprisingly very solidly mounted and would probaby only fail during some heavy duty rock sliding. That being said, with my engineering hat on, the weight you apply to a STIRRUP that's transferred to the rock slider appears to be a mere fraction of what that rock slider can support, in both downward or upward force. My two cents.
Appreciate your thoughts. Makes sense to me and you’ve persuaded me to buy some. Please send me the discount code so I can place an order.

These look awesome and can’t wait to get them on my Bronco!