SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
UPDATE: This compressor was under water for 5-6 hours today and turned on 15 minutes later to air my tires up. Runs like new.

Don't ever doubt ARB. Ever.

Install done! Took me 3 days.

20211108_142447.jpg
20211108_143501.jpg

This isn't a full tutorial, that would really need to be in video format. LOTS of work to get it this way but totally worth it. I was looking for a 'factory' like solution and this is pretty solid.

Unit is turned on and off at that switch, no upfitter needed. The two round objects are the filtered intakes. I remoted them into the cabin to avoid dust and moisture.

Absolutely zero room under the hood with the 2.7. The mounting location ARB showed is fake, it was resting on the wheel well carpeting. They also really had to risk cracking their coolant overflow tank because the compressor doesn't even fit where they showed it.

After 3 hours of hunting, I found the absolute best spot for it.

I had to drill a bunch of holes through the Bronco, which hurt. These are concealed under the rear floor, so no harm, no foul.
20211106_144359.jpg

Where is it?

20211106_164226.jpg

Safest place it can be. Above the drive shaft and exhaust, under the rear cargo area. 36" above the deck, which just keeps it out of fording depth. Compressor is fully submersible, but I'll never go that deep. There are factory wiring connectors much lower on the frame, so you'll run into issues before this compressor does.

The compressor was mounted with a quarter inch of rubber between the mount and the body of the Bronco, and this DRASTICALLY cuts down on noise and vibration.

If anyone needs help, let me know. I can do a quick pointers video is the demand is there.

Mounting the compressor here means you don't need ~40-60 feet of braided airhose, which is astronomically expensive. You need 2 runs at a half inch for the filter relocation, and 1 run for the air hose outlet.
20211106_151152.jpg

I did have to run wire from the front to rear via the frame, but that was easy. I went with 8AWG to account for the longer distance. Factory is 10 AWG.

I almost forgot - was it worth it upgrading from the ARB single compressor?

15 to 37 psi took ~1:45 with dual and 3:40 with the single. Substantial time savings when you consider I usually air up others in my convoy as well. Once I add the manifold for airing up 4 tires at once, I'll consider this done.
This is slick! Kinda wish I’d seen it before doing my install 😂😂
Sponsored