Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 6-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi guys,

I received an ARB Jack as a Christmas gift from a friend. I love it, but how the hell do I use it on the Bronco? I have the stock Black Diamond rock rails and besides the modular front bumper, I don't see any realistic jacking points on my Bronco.

Does anyone here use one on their Bronco? I suppose if you have an armored-up buggy or Jeep, it's great. I like to use it but don't want to add more weight by buying side rails and a metal rear bumper.

Thank you
Sponsored

OP
OP
gorgin4325

gorgin4325

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 6-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Got a gift receipt?
No. He got 2, one for each of us. I'm trying to find a way to use it. I think if I can find a way to extend the part that folds out, I will be able to use it. I'll keep looking. Maybe the Australian forums will have a solution. I'll look. Thanks

Mdozier

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 F250, 23 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder if the Hi-Lift bumper lift attachment or wheel lift attachments could either work or be easily modified to work with the ARB. If so, then I think those would greatly help.

OP
OP
gorgin4325

gorgin4325

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 6-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wonder if the Hi-Lift bumper lift attachment or wheel lift attachments could either work or be easily modified to work with the ARB. If so, then I think those would greatly help.
Yes. That would be great. I might have to "borrow" one from Amazon and find out!

Sponsored

SuperDave150

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just like back when I got a High Lift Jack to use with my Taco, such 50’s era bumper jacks are useless for modern vehicles. I tried extensions, as you mentioned, but the geometry got dangerously wonky in a hurry. And the whole time I’m thinking that either my fingers or vehicle bodywork are going to pay a high price for my pride.

Your assessment is correct: either you add a lot of weight just to accommodate an odd tool, or you find a polite way to exchange it for something else. (May I suggest an ARB onboard compressor?)

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If this is new to you, be careful. I think you can get pretty seriously hurt using one of these if you're not using it properly.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would add - when you are good and stuck you start to find jack spots in a hurry.

Not that they are always the best idea…

I would not label myself as a recovery expert. Last time I had to use a high jack I did manage to not mess up any body or trim panels. But between the hijack and a come along (no winch) it took me about 4 hours of muscling the thing around trying not to damage something or decapitate myself

OP
OP
gorgin4325

gorgin4325

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 6-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If this is new to you, be careful. I think you can get pretty seriously hurt using one of these if you're not using it properly.
This is not a hi-lift jack, It is the ARB Jack. Pretty simple to use. But the problem is not having enough armor to use it on.

OP
OP
gorgin4325

gorgin4325

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 6-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just like back when I got a High Lift Jack to use with my Taco, such 50’s era bumper jacks are useless for modern vehicles. I tried extensions, as you mentioned, but the geometry got dangerously wonky in a hurry. And the whole time I’m thinking that either my fingers or vehicle bodywork are going to pay a high price for my pride.

Your assessment is correct: either you add a lot of weight just to accommodate an odd tool, or you find a polite way to exchange it for something else. (May I suggest an ARB onboard compressor?)
Yes. As much as I love to find a way to use it, I think a nice bottle jack would serve me a lot better.

Sponsored
OP
OP
gorgin4325

gorgin4325

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 6-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not worried about getting hurt or damaging my car as much as I'm worried about finding a good jacking point when in a hurry, offroading with a group... The ARB Jack is super simple to use, but the Bronco is not the perfect candidate. Unless you have metal front and rear bumpers along with some beefy metal side rails.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ebay is the way ;)

Hey where's that expensive ARB jack I bought you? Like something happened to it man 🤷‍♂️

But seriously, nice gift from a friend. You might be able to use a soft shackle on one of the tow points and loop it around it.

Last edited:

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah, but think how cool it will look in front of the wipers:
Ford Bronco ARB Jack Question 1705412216077

They will all say, "Now THERE'S an off-roader".

OP
OP
gorgin4325

gorgin4325

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 6-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, but think how cool it will look in front of the wipers:
Ford Bronco ARB Jack Question 1705412216077

They will all say, "Now THERE'S an off-roader".
Another point about the ARB Jack is that it cannot be mounted horizontally like the hi-lift Jack. ARB says the top has to be elevated slightly to avoid any leakage… i was planning on storing it behind the driver seat and secure it to the headrest, if I can get it to work on my car.
Sponsored