First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a 22 4D wildtrack. I installed the old man meu kit (HD duty springs for front and rear ). ARB Summit bumper Warn-10k winch at the front, ARB rock sliders, Trailrax roof rack with 90Ib RTT.
I was driving around 30 miles through bigger wash boards dirt roads (tire pressure down to 20 PSI, with factory Goodyear tire).

The moment my rear tires took off and landed down the surface, the rear of the Bronco bounced so high, it was so so so so stiff.

As long as my 4 tires stick to the ground, the ride quality on the dirt road is not bad compared to factory SAS (after added weight). Most of the time, I go offroad by myself, with no added kitchen or cooking ware. I'm considering replacing the rear HD springs with a medium?- or light-load spring? Any recommendations?
Below is a photo of stock SAS, and ARB

Ford Bronco ARB Oldman Emu Springs too STIFF, Image_20240226101008
Ford Bronco ARB Oldman Emu Springs too STIFF, Image_20240226102017
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Others have had similar issues running the HD Dobinson springs as well. What are the HD OME spring rates?

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

did you install the matching OME shocks as well?

if you did, then consider adding a couple of passengers in the rear seats (~ 400 lbs) and see if you get the same behavior on the jumps

OP
OP
Barrel Knight

Barrel Knight

Wildtrak
First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Others have had similar issues running the HD Dobinson springs as well. What are the HD OME spring rates?
ARB does not list a specific rating for their springs

OP
OP
Barrel Knight

Barrel Knight

Wildtrak
First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
did you install the matching OME shocks as well?

if you did, then consider adding a couple of passengers in the rear seats (~ 400 lbs) and see if you get the same behavior on the jumps
I installed the whole set, their struts, and coil springs. I don't have any passengers.:ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

sounds like you need 400lbs of gear in the back?

Gluestick

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My understanding is you could swap to the mediums. Have you looked into that?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have a 22 4D wildtrack. I installed the old man meu kit (HD duty springs for front and rear ). ARB Summit bumper Warn-10k winch at the front, ARB rock sliders, Trailrax roof rack with 90Ib RTT.
I was driving around 30 miles through bigger wash boards dirt roads (tire pressure down to 20 PSI, with factory Goodyear tire).

The moment my rear tires took off and landed down the surface, the rear of the Bronco bounced so high, it was so so so so stiff.

As long as my 4 tires stick to the ground, the ride quality on the dirt road is not bad compared to factory SAS (after added weight). Most of the time, I go offroad by myself, with no added kitchen or cooking ware. I'm considering replacing the rear HD springs with a medium?- or light-load spring? Any recommendations?
Below is a photo of stock SAS, and ARB

Call ARB USA. I had a problem with my Rubicon sagging in back with the medium ARB springs they recommended, and they replaced the rear springs with heavies no charge. (I had to crawl under and swap them, but the springs were free.)

My point is, back then anyway they had really good customer and technical service.

Sloth

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

As long as my 4 tires stick to the ground, the ride quality on the dirt road is not bad compared to factory SAS (after added weight).
Not sure exactly what this means... The landings are harsh when you catch air or the rear gets bucked off the ground? If so, you may have been better off with a system tuned for high speed runs and jumps instead of a basic twin tube system designed for overland. ARB makes a decent overland system, but it doesn't hold a candle to the performance capabilities of a tuned coilover system from King or Fox.
Sponsored

Last edited: