Sponsored

Are ALL Dealers Asking for the Added $500 Deposit ? ? ? ?

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A down payment legally protects both you and the dealer. When you place your order you are entering into a contract with your dealer. You are agreeing to purchase a vehicle as you have ordered it. And the dealer is agreeing to have its manufacturer (Ford) build and deliver that vehicle under your specifications to them.

The down payment is the consideration that is being exchanged between you two that makes that contract valid and enforceable. If you give no consideration then you may not be able to enforce your contract for your dealer complete the order of your vehicle. You can make certain conditions that could occur whereby that deposit is refundable. But I'd recommend having some sort of deposit in your order contract.
Sponsored

Reactions: Orf
OP
OP
2fast4u

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hopefully we will get a Clear look at what each dealership is looking for going forward.

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I know we all put down a $100 deposit to start with. Are all dealership now going to make you add $500 more to your deposit?

Are there any dealers just staying with the $100 total that you put down in the first place?
My dealer is not asking for any additional deposits. Why would they? You don't get the car, they get to sell it for more.
Sponsored