First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi. Is everyone seeing the same $500 deposit requirement from their dealers? Warning to watch the details. I ordered my Rapid Red Big Bend yesterday or so I thought. Got done, they asked for $500 and I kicked back saying lady on phone said nothing was required today. Salesman and GM said OK, no worries. I went home and kept waiting for my order to show online. Nothing. I called last night and they just got back to me. Ordering manager will not place the order without the $500 - says it's Ford policy. Thing is - if I hadn't called they never would have told me. Ford Customer Service continues to disappoint.
Sponsored

LARELL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

i mean its not a Ford Co. requirement according to my dealer, i didnt need to put an additional deposit down. i would just make sure its refundable if you have the $ for the deposit, you wouldnt want to be out $500 if something happens where you cant take delivery of the vehicle when it arrives.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I expected to pay $500 deposit. I paid an additional $400 at order time. Some dealers are trying to get $2500 non refundable, they are the ones you have to watch out for....

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My dealer did not require a deposit to place the order. Only an e-mail stating my intent to purchase the vehicle I am ordering.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi. Is everyone seeing the same $500 deposit requirement from their dealers? Warning to watch the details. I ordered my Rapid Red Big Bend yesterday or so I thought. Got done, they asked for $500 and I kicked back saying lady on phone said nothing was required today. Salesman and GM said OK, no worries. I went home and kept waiting for my order to show online. Nothing. I called last night and they just got back to me. Ordering manager will not place the order without the $500 - says it's Ford policy. Thing is - if I hadn't called they never would have told me. Ford Customer Service continues to disappoint.
Deposits are 100% up to the dealer.

Ford did recommend to dealers that they ask for one, and suggested $500, because of the penalties to the dealer if they order a bronco that gets built but ultimately not sold to the reservation holder...

...but like I said, it's up to the dealer how they handle it.

Sponsored

Luke@LFF

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It is a dealer specific deposit. It is not a requirement to make the customer put money down so that was a lie from them. Most dealers like myself, only expect a deposit to cover our ass in case the customer backs out and we get penalized and it hurts our allocation.

3Dogs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Escape, 2000 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer asked for $500 over the phone, and I gave him my credit card #.
I got the order confirmation within minutes, but my CC hasn't been charged yet.
$500 refundable seems perfectly reasonable to me.

becksthebaker

Badlands
First Name
Becca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was asked for $1000 deposit today. It was definitely not discussed when I booked the appointment. Luckily I had it, and I have no doubts about buying it, so I paid it.

He did say it was a dealer requirement.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Check your state laws. In WA state, a dealership can demand any amount of reservation money, however, by law it is refundable.

The only caveat is if you order something and they incur damages (sell the item at a loss), the loss is taken out of your deposit, which can be legally held until the item you ordered is sold.

I shared a story on here a while back about the "Christmas 7-series" that somebody ordered with bright red interior or metallic green exterior which the customer refused to purchase once they saw it in person. Quite the story! You'll have to search my posts to get the whole story, I won't type it again as it seems it would have to be re-told a half dozen times a day right now for Bronco6g.

Skeeterjack

Outer Banks
First Name
RON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018MUSTANG GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Was not asked for a down payment yet. I’m sure they could sell a Bronco in minutes if someone defaulted. Dealers have a waiting list I’m sure.

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
May I ask which dealership you ordered from?

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Put me in the $500 refundable club.

FerkinBlonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 KLR 650, 2022 Bronco Base (2dr/7mt/CO)
Your Bronco Model
Base
No deposit for me. They had me sign off on a piece of paper to indicate that I agreed with the MSRP of my config. That wasn't a contractual commitment to buy, though - more something to show I understood the price. My dealer is in WA state.

MiamiDubai

Outer Banks
First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I paid a refundable $1000 deposit.
I was prepared to have to put some skin in the game.

One thing to make sure: it’s a deposit and not a fee.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$500 refundable (has to be where I am) and he did say it was their policy to limit tire kickers.
Sponsored