Sponsored

$500 Additional Required Ford deposit - Coming at order time!

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not trying to preach but.... if anyone is hurting to put $500-1k down on a vehicle that starts bare bones north of $30k, they should probably reconsider their purchasing timeline. A 30K loan at 2.2% is more than $500 per month for 60 months.

500-1000 is a reasonable deposit seeing how volatile and potentially far out delivery dates can be with the Bronco. Anymore I feel is too much of a free loan to dealers.

With the announcement of another delay, that means a deposit would be tied up even longer. I don't mind a deposit, but I'd only do it with a credit card and that's costing me money.
Sponsored

Brownie

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, 1981 Trans Am, 1972 Austin Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer wants a g note!!! Just take it.....take it all!!!

Ford Bronco $500 Additional Required Ford deposit - Coming at order time! 1607132478817

Sponsored

WadeWolf76

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Wrangler JK Willy's, 67 Ford Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Not trying to preach but.... if anyone is hurting to put $500-1k down on a vehicle that starts bare bones north of $30k, they should probably reconsider their purchasing timeline. A 30K loan at 2.2% is more than $500 per month for 60 months.

500-1000 is a reasonable deposit seeing how volatile and potentially far out delivery dates can be with the Bronco. Anymore I feel is too much of a free loan to dealers.
Same people could be paying that amount or more on a current vehicle and not have any extra to shell out since they plan on trading the current vehicle in.

That being said anyone looking at ordering a Bronco should know what they are getting into by now and have had a decent amount of time to save up a down payment.

Which is all this is really.

snoopcat

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Ford Mustang, Mazda CX5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same people could be paying that amount or more on a current vehicle and not have any extra to shell out since they plan on trading the current vehicle in.

That being said anyone looking at ordering a Bronco should know what they are getting into by now and have had a decent amount of time to save up a down payment.

Which is all this is really.
This is not about a down payment. It is about the terms on the down payment.

I am serious about buying a Bronco. I am also serious that I will not hand over no refundable money with no expectations from the dealer or Ford.

I know people are excited but if a dealer said we need a nonrefundable $1000 deposit and then stated we will not know the final price or date your truck will arrive. Surely no one would just hand over the money? I get the skin in the game but that goes both ways.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait a minute while I go get another beer, all this drama makes me thirsty!!

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Back in 2000 fresh out of boot camp, I bought a 1998 Mitsubishi Galant sight unseen. I was stationed in VA, was looking at a Galant locally, call my pops and he said there was one in the local (Houston) paper with much less miles and thousands cheaper.

In that case, Galants had been out a while and a friend had one. So I knew what I was expecting. In the case of the Bronco, all I know is what I've seen on the internet. Right now. I'm only in $100 and my expectations thus far are tempered. I would need more from FORD and my Dealer for another $400.

Sponsored

bronc_rwc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is not about a down payment. It is about the terms on the down payment.

I am serious about buying a Bronco. I am also serious that I will not hand over no refundable money with no expectations from the dealer or Ford.

I know people are excited but if a dealer said we need a nonrefundable $1000 deposit and then stated we will not know the final price or date your truck will arrive. Surely no one would just hand over the money? I get the skin in the game but that goes both ways.
Exactly right. I'm fine with a higher deposit but unless the dealer commits to price at the time of the deposit, it needs to be refundable.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Exactly right. I'm fine with a higher deposit but unless the dealer commits to price at the time of the deposit, it needs to be refundable.
I think they do. In the latest Q&A, he stated at order conversion time we should be locking in our price with our dealers.

bronc_rwc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think they do. In the latest Q&A, he stated at order conversion time we should be locking in our price with our dealers.
Is that true even if an order gets pushed to MY22? Hope I'm wrong but I could see Ford jacking up 2022 prices on us.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is that true even if an order gets pushed to MY22? Hope I'm wrong but I could see Ford jacking up 2022 prices on us.
They most defiantly will. But in all fairness I don't recall any company not raising their prices on their next year vehicles. Usually it's around $300-$500 but hopefully we'll get more options or color choices.
Sponsored