Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Directly from my Ford dealership that I have a reservation with. Note, this isn't the 100 we already paid for reservation. This is for when we are ready to convert the order. And as far as I understand it this will all go toward the cost of the vehicle.

"I just learned today that Ford will require an additional $500 deposit at a minimum to convert your order. I say at a minimum because dealerships get to decide how much above that $500 they want to charge. We just had the conversation internally and agreed that we will not charge anything above what Ford mandates as the minimum. I have also verified with Ford
that this $500 will be fully refundable in the event that you cannot follow through for some reason."
Sponsored

Inventor

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Gonna make this sweet and short
my dealer sent me an email regarding that ford is requiring an additional deposit of $500. is that true for any of you. Did my dealer send me that just to get more money as a deposit and Ford is actually not requiring anything more??

Is your dealer asking you for more deposit $$$
My dealer did too. I don't care I'm ready to buy the truck now.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Mine said $500. I said "Take my money already...."

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Directly from my Ford dealership that I have a reservation with. Note, this isn't the 100 we already paid for reservation. This is for when we are ready to convert the order. And as far as I understand it this will all go toward the cost of the vehicle.

"I just learned today that Ford will require an additional $500 deposit at a minimum to convert your order. I say at a minimum because dealerships get to decide how much above that $500 they want to charge. We just had the conversation internally and agreed that we will not charge anything above what Ford mandates as the minimum. I have also verified with Ford
that this $500 will be fully refundable in the event that you cannot follow through for some reason."
Good point, there are different levels to this. The key questions that should always be asked any time any dealer anywhere asks for money: Is this money refundable or not, and what conditions exist?

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good point, there are different levels to this. The key questions that should always be asked any time any dealer anywhere asks for money: Is this money refundable or not, and what conditions exist?
Definitely this...and it's disingenuous for them to say "Ford is requiring" it when they are the ones who are asking for it. Is that their little security blanket for when you walk after they try to tack on ADM later? I'd be wary of dealerships that say stuff like this. Speaks to their overall mentality and possible hidden agenda with pricing. If you follow through, ask the above questions and get it in writing. Or as another poster mentioned, ask to see this purported "requirement" on a Ford letterhead. That might kill this BS on the spot.

Sponsored

Brehus

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe I missed it in a previous post, but is this something we can anticipate from @Granger Ford at some point?

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Copied from Ford email :
"Then, December through January, your selected dealer will be reaching out to schedule an order consultation when you will place your order for production and finalize your purchase price. Be sure to save your configuration from For‌d‌.‌com to share with your dealer. Expect your dealer to request a deposit to confirm your commitment, which will enable us to accurately schedule production."

Brehus

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gonna make this sweet and short
my dealer sent me an email regarding that ford is requiring an additional deposit of $500. is that true for any of you. Did my dealer send me that just to get more money as a deposit and Ford is actually not requiring anything more??

Is your dealer asking you for more deposit $$$
Yes, my Dealer is requesting an additional $500.00 as well. I believe Ford mentioned on their recent announcement that dealers may charge an additional deposit. But it's not required. It's at the Dealers discretion.
Sponsored