Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’m ok with this as if you can’t put another $400 down to confirm your order, then you really might not buy one. @Cheshire was right (from last week in another thread) and now, in the post below on Saturday from trusted @Granger Ford it looks like we should plan for this.

Ford Bronco Ford pushing for $500 deposit, confirmation to come soon 9CE0DA16-12DC-4879-8E6E-F8C2FAD15874
Sponsored

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's what Mach-E reservations are....not sure why Bronco was so low.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As long as it is 100% refundable then no issue from me. It would just be used as a couple more dollars toward the down payment. Frustrating that the rules would perceptionally change though.

Sponsored

ssstang67

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 & 2011 Mustang 2012 F-150 Harley
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m ok with this as if you can’t put another $400 down to confirm your order, then you really might not buy one. @Cheshire was right (from last week in another thread) and now, in the post below on Saturday from trusted @Granger Ford it looks like we should plan for this.

Ford Bronco Ford pushing for $500 deposit, confirmation to come soon 9CE0DA16-12DC-4879-8E6E-F8C2FAD15874
Do you have a problem with putting more down when your confirming your order? Not sure why you would.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had to put down a $500 deposit when I ordered my 2015 F-150 about 6 years ago.
No big deal.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I had to put down a $500 deposit when I ordered my 2015 F-150 about 6 years ago.
No big deal.
Ditto, and it was refundable for me.

OP
OP
Rubisquatch

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I call b.s. on that. Unless you are making the payment to ford which you won't be. It will be to granger. It is at the dealers discretion on how much if any is required to order the vehicle. Have done it many times.
Albert‘s been very transparent and trustworthy so when I saw this and him saying ”Ford is pushing this” makes it seem likes it’s more than bs. Also, dealers actually may want this too because if an order cancels and they have to sell the vehicle there is supposedly some sort of penalty to the dealer for re-selling a cancelled order.

We shall see If an announcement comes, probably when they announce the mystical ‘mid-January’ order start date.

TurkeyRun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We shall see If an announcement comes, probably when they announce the mystical ‘mid-January’ order start date.
I know this whole deal has been full of date slips and FUD, but - I thought I heard 17 Jan. Has that been changed or put into question?

Sponsored

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Guessing at least $500. Won't be surprised to see some requiring thousands, non refundable, to weed out the tire kickers and avoid orders being cancelled after the build completes. Never did reveal what the penalties were to the dealers but it sounded severe

OP
OP
Rubisquatch

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I know this whole deal has been full of date slips and FUD, but - I thought I heard 17 Jan. Has that been changed or put into question?
I haven’t heard or seen that but i miss stuff. All I’ve ever heard was ‘mid January’.

Raz4back

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Guessing at least $500. Won't be surprised to see some requiring thousands, non refundable, to weed out the tire kickers and avoid orders being cancelled after the build completes. Never did reveal what the penalties were to the dealers but it sounded severe
who in their right mind would put down a non refundable deposit in the “thousands” on a vehicle they have never even seen in person?

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you can't afford $500 for a deposit you damn sure can't afford a $40k+ vehicle. This will further weed out the tire kickers.

I had to put $1k non refundable down on a Fusion order a few years ago.
Sponsored