Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It is $1000 down in Canada at time of Order Confirmation (confirmed with my dealer in November), and I don’t know if that is refundable or not. I didn’t ask; would assume that is entirely at the dealers discretion. They want you to have skin in the game too. I have it ready to pay, in any case.
In Calgary it was 1k non refundable. Advantage Ford had 50 resos (not a big dealer by any means) all 50k+ builds and had to trim it down.

IMO probably a few people hoping to get one and flip it, a deposit would weed a few of those out.

I'm not concerned, shall see how it plays out.
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

And if you all recall, originally it was a $100 Refundable Reservation UNTIL it was converted to an order, at which point your $100 was no longer Refundable. I was ok with this.

Worse case, you buy your Bronco, then turn around and sell it Private Party with a Price tag that at least will break even. Now if you are paying MSRP.. that may be tough but you'll be under Dealer Markups.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you lose the option of changing dealers again once you place an order? I haven't seen this asked anywhere yet.
If you place the order then it is locked to the dealership where you have ordered it...

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's hard to keep up on everything, but I don't think this is correct. The dealers only get penalised if THEY do questionable things. If the customer backs out, the dealer gets a Bronco they can now sell at whatever price they choose.

But I could have missed an update to this.
Or a shady dealership can order Broncos for "customer" that happen to be employees and then they sell 2 per employee for a premium price...

Ford is not oblivious to this practice that is why there are stiff penalties for that type of behavior...

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Correct.. but there were details about the definition of "doesn't get delivered to the customer"

Meaning say your Bronco shows up and the dealer sells it out from under you.. they get hit hard.

But if YOU show up, and decide to walk away, that is not the dealer's fault.. and they are off the hook.

At least that is how I recall it.
That is not the case, easy to think that way however the reality of telling Ford that people have just walked away does not fly in the car business...

There are dealerships that find a way around many aspects of the rules, the penalties in place are severe and that is why we as a dealership do not want any ordered vehicles delivered to anybody but the name on the reservation...

The penalties for a dealership that falls into this practice/problem are very severe, I cannot share the penalties but they are sever enough to make sure that gaming the system does not happen easily...

Sponsored

SamR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
That is not the case, easy to think that way however the reality of telling Ford that people have just walked away does not fly in the car business...

There are dealerships that find a way around many aspects of the rules, the penalties in place are severe and that is why we as a dealership do not want any ordered vehicles delivered to anybody but the name on the reservation...

The penalties for a dealership that falls into this practice/problem are very severe, I cannot share the penalties but they are sever enough to make sure that gaming the system does not happen easily...
If someone were to have a late reservation that was converted to an order but later canceled prior to the vin being created (I.e. job loss, found out that most Broncos split in two the first time they go Offroad, etc.) would this negatively impact the dealer?

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If someone were to have a late reservation that was converted to an order but later canceled prior to the vin being created (I.e. job loss, found out that most Broncos split in two the first time they go Offroad, etc.) would this negatively impact the dealer?
It would not as it would not be built and not available for sale on the dealers lot

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for setting me straight, and I have no doubt that there are some creative dealers out there. But one would think there has to be a scenario where the dealer would not be on the hook because a customer truly backed out.

Obviously you are in the know way more than me, but even then, a dealer with that type of ethics could still do it and they would just have to front the 500 which they would easily get back once they sell the Bronco on the open market.

I'm glad Ford is doing something to try and make sure us reservation holders actually get our Broncos as promised but seems this has its flaws just like the rest of the roll out.

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

In Calgary it was 1k non refundable. Advantage Ford had 50 resos (not a big dealer by any means) all 50k+ builds and had to trim it down.

IMO probably a few people hoping to get one and flip it, a deposit would weed a few of those out.

I'm not concerned, shall see how it plays out.
Good to know. I made a late reservation; the more people weeded out, the better for me.

williamoneal

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F250 - Probably won't make it till the Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Totally cool with this. If you don't have $500 to put down, you aren't really serious about buying one IMO.

Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Good to know. I made a late reservation; the more people weeded out, the better for me.
Totally cool with this. If you don't have $500 to put down, you aren't really serious about buying one IMO.
Agree no both comments.

Its silly to read people saying they are moving from 2.7 to a 2.3 because of B&P increase. Or they are moving from wildtrack to a base model because updated B&P makes their build out of budget. Are they really going to be able to pay for the fuel cost in these 18 mpg gallon Broncos? Don’t even try quoting what a F150 gets, those numbers are not on 35” tires.

And many people are coming from owning a car, they need to get ready for a large insurance premium increases going to a bigger 4x4 $50k SUV.

In my state annual regeristration is going to run me $500 a year just to drive the Bronco on the streets for 12 months. This is a stupid expensive vehicle that I am ok with in owning and driving at lest 12,000 miles a year with lots of off road use. If you need to eliminate options or move to a base model to build your Bronco it may be better to wait or purchase something more economical.

I say make it $1,000 refundable deposit because of extended wait times for actual delivery.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah I think most are not questioning the Amount... they are questioning the TERMS.

To be required to put down a Deposit on something site unseen, no true comparibles, features un-informed, and 3rd Party Media Reviews Non-existant, not to mention unknown Delivery dates.... well It is asking alot.
Sponsored