Sponsored

Are ALL Dealers Asking for the Added $500 Deposit ? ? ? ?

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel like Ford should have asked for $1,000 and dealers should be asking for $2k-$5k at order. This would have thinned out all these idiots who flooded the system but won’t end up buying.
Sooooo . . . tie up $6K in a non-escrowed account for maybe a year (or more)? Fast pass on that.
Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, we would normally take $500-$1,000 as a non-refundable deposit for a factory ordered vehicle. This was with Nissan a few years ago.

If someone found that unreasonable, they're 99% not serious in the first place or unable to buy or finance. Plus we wouldn't want to be stuck with some possibly difficult to sell vehicle. The Bronco won't suffer this I don't think right away.

The deposit will go to your down payment.
What was the normal time between the order being placed and the vehicle being delivered?

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
What was the normal time between the order being placed and the vehicle being delivered?
That was a completely different situation though. It was before Covid and it wasn't for a new model vehicle. It took about six to eight weeks on average. We were never given updates from Nissan about them either. We'd see them on the incoming inventory (trucks with those big open air car carriers) a week or two out and then we'd know. This part will likely be the same for us.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No matter what the amount, it comes off of the total price at delivery.

Sponsored

fly-cobra32

Wildtrak
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Acura
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I know we all put down a $100 deposit to start with. Are all dealership now going to make you add $500 more to your deposit?

Are there any dealers just staying with the $100 total that you put down in the first place?
Dealers should be only asking an additional $400.00 plus the $100.00 that was put down for the reservation.

Brock27

Badlands
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel like Ford should have asked for $1,000 and dealers should be asking for $2k-$5k at order. This would have thinned out all these idiots who flooded the system but won’t end up buying.
Couldn't agree more. I know several people who are planning on ordering 2+ Broncos then just taking home the winner without caring about losing 1-200, even 500 bucks. Along with the $2-5k down payment there should be an automatic delay to 2022 on your 2nd, 3rd Bronco so the rest of us have a chance at our July reservations ;)

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sooooo . . . tie up $6K in a non-escrowed account for maybe a year (or more)? Fast pass on that.
Fast pass to the 2022 line for you. Thanks for playing!

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Couldn't agree more. I know several people who are planning on ordering 2+ Broncos then just taking home the winner without caring about losing 1-200, even 500 bucks. Along with the $2-5k down payment there should be an automatic delay to 2022 on your 2nd, 3rd Bronco so the rest of us have a chance at our July reservations ;)
Yep that’s the whole idea make it real for people. We are buying $50k+ vehicles and if you want the first ones put real money down. This is how sales should work. Reward the dedicated buyers not the guys bitching about $500 deposits

Bvbronco

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep wrangler sport s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Expect a $500+ Non-refundable deposit to actually place an order.
No afence...you can expect it but I sure in the H*** don't! Does anyone think the dealer is going to have a problem selling the Bronco if you don't buy it.

Sponsored

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is the email we all got from Ford in early October:

Ford Bronco Are ALL Dealers Asking for the Added $500 Deposit ? ? ? ? 1604452913058

Within that week all of us who ordered from our dealership got an email discussing next steps and saying they planned to charge no extra deposit but Ford was requiring them to take a $500 deposit at the time of order. I'm fine with it, like it's been said it will help weed out people who aren't 100% sure but I would also like to know if Ford actually is requiring it or if that's just being used to make people OK with the deposit.

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would put up an extra $500 if I’m getting a complete sale contract signed by authorized dealer rep locking in total vehicle price. Has to be official and not an email. I have a concern that many people are going to go to pick up their Broncos and find different prices than agreed upon in conversations or emails.
People need to do there due diligence. I said it a number of times.. most people don’t order vehicles. I’m used to it. I am putting money down, signing my order for them/me and doing the contract. I believe between trade ins not having proper documentation and ignorance people are going to be in a bad place. One of the reason I didn’t go with Stephens was the fact that John stated that they don’t do preliminary contracts/documentation. He was dumbfounded when I asked the question on the phone. Go with your trusted dealer and do your homework.

Badgerbrown

Black Diamond
First Name
Badger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 and a 1979 VW Beetle Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is the email we all got from Ford in early October:

Ford Bronco Are ALL Dealers Asking for the Added $500 Deposit ? ? ? ? 1604452913058

Within that week all of us who ordered from our dealership got an email discussing next steps and saying they planned to charge no extra deposit but Ford was requiring them to take a $500 deposit at the time of order. I'm fine with it, like it's been said it will help weed out people who aren't 100% sure but I would also like to know if Ford actually is requiring it or if that's just being used to make people OK with the deposit.
I am fine with the deposit, as Ford states above here. But that deposit has to be REFUNDABLE - period. For a vehicle we have not even seen, let alone test driven, this is without question a refundable deposit. Anything else, and I’ll find another dealer...

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealership is asking for 1k at order time
I thought that was pretty normal on any special order vehicle .... just from the discussions of many others here and elsewhere.

Beyond being "earnest" money showing that you're a serious buyer, it is also part of the down payment lowering your payment.

Seriously, if you're sweating $500 to 1000 DOWN PAYMENT to order this thing, you may want to reconsider if this is the best financial decision for you right now.

Just my opinion, it's not worth the paper it's printed on.

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am fine with the deposit, as Ford states above here. But that deposit has to be REFUNDABLE - period. For a vehicle we have not even seen, let alone test driven, this is without question a refundable deposit. Anything else, and I’ll find another dealer...
The reservation is/was refundable. The reason for them to take a deposit is to guarantee the sale. I'm pretty sure if they 100% do take a deposit, it will not be refundable. I know that's crappy but the dealerships will be penalized for actual orders not turned into sales. Ford stated that as part of their dealership communication.
Sponsored