JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘94 M998, ‘89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am afraid to post this thread. I swear I searched and maybe it’s an unpopular opinion. Are the trail sights removable? I haven’t seen a new bronco in person with the hood up to see for myself.

Would it be possible to remove the trail sight and cap the cavity left by the removed part with a color matched panel to give it a bit different look. Yes, I know I’d lose some nice functionality of the tie down.
Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Technically, yes. They are removable. However, there is currently nothing on the market to fill the hole. I would like a version that flipped out of the way when not needed and then could be flipped up whenever needed.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes @Toccoa is correct. They’re bolted in with three bolts.

The downside is those three bolts are also used to attach the quarter panel, so you won’t be able to swap in a cheap 3D printed part or a simple trim piece that was painted. Needs to have some structure to it to prevent the quarter panel from wiggling around.

Edit: Now that I think about it more I think there is a 4th bolt that holds the quarter panel in place in the top corner. Not sure if that’s enough to prevent it from wobbling around at highway speeds though.
Sponsored

Last edited: