First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Denali 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My new Bronco arrived yesterday afternoon and I was super excited. Since arrival I have driven it around town and love my Bronco. I ordered a First Edition for many reasons, but was excited to have a limited number with a badge displaying x of 3500 (I know Ford upped that number), but I have not been able to find where the badge is located. Did Ford decide not to place the numbered badge? The only disappointment I have so far is the brakes seem weak for stopping. Maybe they just need to be worn in, but I seemed to have to push the brake much harder than I expected. Anyone else notice this?

E7736C2E-BF4E-4281-930A-13142727410E.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP

BAFERD

First Edition
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Denali 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
No badge. You paid $2000 more for some stickers.
Yeah I am realizing that, but I also got my Bronco fairly early in the build cycle so I am ok with over paying. Wonder why they didn’t put the numbered badge that was initially on the build list?

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The functionality of the brakes would be negatively impacted by the truck and trailer underneath. Remove the Bronco from the trailer and give the brakes another shot......;)...all kidding aside, congrats on the FE! The brake issue also exists on the Jeeps. I ran into a similar issues when I put 35's on my JKU. I was hoping that Ford would have beefed the brakes up a bit with the SAS package. I am sure the aftermarket will be all over the development of a big brake kit.

Sponsored

Santos

Badlands
First Name
Santo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977F100:1970 Mustang Fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is the # badge not near the shifter on the center console? I thought thats where they put that plate.

OP
OP

BAFERD

First Edition
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Denali 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Is the # badge not near the shifter on the center console? I thought thats where they put that plate.
There is a Badge there but there is no number on it. I will upload a photo when I get a break at work.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Never was any badge, someone asked, the rumor spreaders reacted and invented a fictional badge, and it became 'fact'.

and Ford allowed far too many people to reserve the FE units, so they retroactively jumped it to 7000 units since they had taken about that many reservations. Another unsubstantiated rumor was it was 3500 each for the 2 and 4 door, but only a rumor, so stop spreading it as fact, nobody knows

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This picture actually (hopefully) can give some clues to the general public about one of the many reasons why things could/are/will be delayed.
Looks like a lone delivery via hotshot trucks vs. car hauler. Not sure if that is simply due to yours being the only one in the area getting delivered or a clue to something more serious.

I see a lot of shipping delays and lack of transport in my daily duties as a manager. Often times we have to pay for hotshot deliveries just to get enough components in to keep things moving.

These hotshot companies/owner-drivers are making a killing out there these days and it is a good business to go into if you're underpaid/bored/retired/keen and wanting a business idea...

Just an observation.

Also congrats on your delivery, looking forward to more pics and descriptions of travels you may go on once you get out and about in it more.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is a Badge there but there is no number on it. I will upload a photo when I get a break at work.
I don’t think they were ever supposed to be *individually* numbered. All of them just said “1 of 7000”.

The idea that it would say “Number X of 7000” was just a conclusion the group came to after enough people repeated it.

Im curious to see a picture if yours omits this altogether.

(perhaps the final number produced will be less than 7000 but they don’t know how many yet… or don’t want a weird number there to remind everyone of the production woes)

Ford Bronco Area 51 First Edition First Thoughts 1626955124858

Sponsored

Santos

Badlands
First Name
Santo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977F100:1970 Mustang Fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is what I remembere
I don’t think they were ever supposed to be *individually* numbered. All of them just said “1 of 7000”.

The idea that it would say “Number X of 7000” was just a conclusion the group came to after enough people repeated it.

Im curious to see a picture if yours omits this altogether.

(perhaps the final number produced will be less than 7000 but they don’t know how many yet… or don’t want a weird number there to remind everyone of the production woes)

Ford Bronco Area 51 First Edition First Thoughts 1626955124858

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP, Ford needs to send you or have dealer install your badge or send you something that commemorates the build.

The brakes are a common complaint for off roaders due to the small rotor size, but of course you don't want big wheels off road; it's a trade off.

There will be some brake kits that Wrangler owners upgrade to or anyone with an off roader with 17" or smaller wheels. Should be some good options in a few months, but definitely by next summer.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yeah I am realizing that, but I also got my Bronco fairly early in the build cycle so I am ok with over paying. Wonder why they didn’t put the numbered badge that was initially on the build list?
Do you have a picture of the build sheet showing number plate?

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My new Bronco arrived yesterday afternoon and I was super excited. Since arrival I have driven it around town and love my Bronco. I ordered a First Edition for many reasons, but was excited to have a limited number with a badge displaying x of 3500 (I know Ford upped that number), but I have not been able to find where the badge is located. Did Ford decide not to place the numbered badge? The only disappointment I have so far is the brakes seem weak for stopping. Maybe they just need to be worn in, but I seemed to have to push the brake much harder than I expected. Anyone else notice this?

E7736C2E-BF4E-4281-930A-13142727410E.jpeg
I drove SAS Broncos at Off Roadeo in TX. I definitely noticed the heaviness/stiffness in braking.
Sponsored