Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

yes, it's a dirt road that starts right off of I-17. It goes through cleeter AZ, up a few switchbacks, then into Crown King. After Crown King, the rest leads to Prescott. That's the portion of the road I couldn't make it on. That's the unmaintained portion.
The videos did show some bypass paths to get around the rough stuff (Lake Pleasant to Crown King). Looks like a good time.
Sponsored

ForestBronco

Badlands
First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you serious, in the Altima!? I just watched some youtubes of that trail. I question a stock Bronco on 32's making it, specially for me, zero off-road attempts. I best be practicing and working my way up to that trail.
Thing about backway to crown is thereā€™s bypasses on every obstacle. If you canā€™t make it up the hard parts you can just back down and go up the flat bypasses. My 4Runner did the hard stuff just fine.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thing about backway to crown is thereā€™s bypasses on every obstacle. If you canā€™t make it up the hard parts you can just back down and go up the flat bypasses. My 4Runner did the hard stuff just fine.
Reading back I noticed NickP's comment about a stock Wrangler making it. Good to know.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Crown King is a great idea! Table Mesa Rd is a good one too... a little long, but fun. Can't wait!
Table Mesa to Sheep Bridge makes for some good photos at the end.

tlowell01

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello everyone, new member here and canā€™t wait for my bronco.

Iā€™m Thomas, Tempe. 4 door badlands, manual, 2.3, lux, hard top, Area 51! Looking forward to getting off-road!

Sponsored

BillyGoat

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 Ford Taurus Ltd. - Company Sled & Wifeā€™s Lexus
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Brent
Glendale
WildTrak 4 Dr - gotta squatch with speed
High Pkg with better bash plates
Either Area 51 or Carbonized Grey

The On X Off-road app needs a lot of pics of Broncos...too many heeps!

TexAZ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yes, it's a dirt road that starts right off of I-17. It goes through cleeter AZ, up a few switchbacks, then into Crown King. After Crown King, the rest leads to Prescott. That's the portion of the road I couldn't make it on. That's the unmaintained portion.
Thatā€™s the front way to CK which is a maintained road, Nickā€™s talking about the back way going past Lake Pleasant. It can still be done in a stock truck, but there are obstacles along the way to play on if you want.

Jeff
Peoria
2 dr Badlands, Sasquatch

OP
OP
NotOJ

NotOJ

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thatā€™s the front way to CK which is a maintained road, Nickā€™s talking about the back way going past Lake Pleasant. It can still be done in a stock truck, but there are obstacles along the way to play on if you want.

Jeff
Peoria
2 dr Badlands, Sasquatch
Oh right on. Yeah I have only been the way through cleeter. Can't wait to get the Bronco and go the other route!

KDAber64

Big Bend
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F 150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Kent
Sonoita, AZ
Reserved a Badlands, but I'm going with the 2dr BD, with high clearance suspension and locking differentials, 2.7, auto in Antimatter blue if possible

Dr.Z

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Who is going with the vinyl seats? Iā€™m but I have only seen black and white... curious if there is another option or else White is gonna win... because Iā€™m guessing with our heat and the top off = undoable.
give me your thoughts.

Sponsored

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi all - been lurking on here for a while and just signed up. I live out in Rio Verde Foothills (far NE Scottsdale) and grew up in Chandler. I'm one of the 4 natives :)

I have a 4dr Badlands reserved to replace my beloved 67 I had to let go 10 years ago to bankroll my daughter's therapy. Looking to get back into the saddle, but this time have a rig that blows COLD air from the dash when it's more than 80 out (the 67 tended to run hot on the trails!)

OP
OP
NotOJ

NotOJ

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi all - been lurking on here for a while and just signed up. I live out in Rio Verde Foothills (far NE Scottsdale) and grew up in Chandler. I'm one of the 4 natives :)

I have a 4dr Badlands reserved to replace my beloved 67 I had to let go 10 years ago to bankroll my daughter's therapy. Looking to get back into the saddle, but this time have a rig that blows COLD air from the dash when it's more than 80 out (the 67 tended to run hot on the trails!)
Awesome! I bet you're excited! We would sacrifice everything for our kids, wouldn't we?

zero_swagger

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am out in Ahwatukee. Former Jeep owner.
4dr Wildtrak. Not sure on color yet, but I am leaning White or Grey.

I've done the Crown King trail many of times, the base bronco would have no issues.

LeRoy712

Wildtrak
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Tahoe RST, 04 Yukon, 15 Infiniti Q70s
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi Iā€™m Adam
Gilbert, AZ
4dr Wildtrak Cactus Gray/painted black hard top
2ā€+ lift, black stealth custom flowform wheels, 35ā€ or 37ā€ tires, misc lighting and other goodies like brush guard/sidesteps/trail doors, full 2.7 tune and possible exhaust if I can find one that doesnā€™t sound ricey.
Cant wait to get this thing dirty and have some fun!

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am out in Ahwatukee. Former Jeep owner.
4dr Wildtrak. Not sure on color yet, but I am leaning White or Grey.

I've done the Crown King trail many of times, the base bronco would have no issues.
Was up in Crown King and Horsethief a few weeks back for the 1st time in forever. The I-17 way to CrownKing wasn't too bad in my F-350, but the road to Horsethief has really degraded since the big fire up there. Way too bouncy in a SuperDuty! Tows like a beast, but offroading is crap with that stiff suspension.
Sponsored