Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Has the article been taken down? Is this the Bronco wars version of the Robinhood dustup that's happening today?
Sponsored

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Article about the dust up between B6G and BN 1611860495335

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it's a totally valid opinion... I was just surprised it just didn't offer any sort of counter-point.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not condoning BN's behavior... I just think they have an argument and I was surprised that it was omitted... even to serve as fodder for the position this piece was taking.
What could BN possibly say? As the article points out, BN was alienating a very large portion of the Bronco community. That does not benefit Ford. If anything it hurts Ford and it hurts Bronco. In fact, once Ford advised their hired-on marketing group to stop with the legal crao afainst B6G, there reallt isn't anything BN or the marketing group can say. Ford wants to maintain a positive attitude toward the company. Allowing BN or the marketing group to comment could very well cause more damage. There's no bias in that article. What you see as bias is really Ford telling BN and the marketing group to shut the hell up.

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn't be surprised if the deal BN entered into with Ford said that BN promised to handle all of the social media marketing, and will generate a ton of buzz and shares and stuff, in turn for being able to retain whatever profits they generate from their paywall BN model.

BN is basically a subcontractor that is more or less free to do what they want, and have some personal interests that interfere with Ford's overall mission at times like this... And mama Ford is always gonna win if BN wants that sweet sweet Ford money.
totally get the outsourcing and contract

but man, Ford is getting schlonged if they are paying $M, BN comes off '2 guys and a iphone'

Sponsored

Ohnoohnoooo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW z3, Nisan rogue, joint-custody of Jeep YJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I hate the concept of outside firms to do something that a place could very well likely handle on their own. It always ends up being painful.
i can’t think of a successful large brand tha doesn’t use outside agencies and firms in their marketing efforts. It’s a scale/cost thing. Even Apple, Google and Target which have amazing marketing and in-house advertising and P&R teams, hire others to do specific and high-profile work.

As Ford has a vested interest in the role BN is doing, the Ford lawyers could’ve very much been behind the cease and desist. Ford might’ve thought it best to control what goes out and funnel it through their channel (the video reacted BN forum, and social media) which they have oversight and approvals vs an unknown, uncontrollable yet enthusiastic entity.

They pay model of BN does give me a pause to those motives though. But we don’t know KNOW who benefits.

I say all this as someone who only follows BN 2 second-hand here on B6G and other enthusiast pages, so yeah, they stepped in it. At any rate, I’m glad for all the dreamers, covert photographers, photo-shoppers, gear-ratio mathematicians, dealer insiders, and perfectly-in-the-clear-reposters-of-third-party-content right here on B6G

joeramirez

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@broncoskip Since you brought it up, how can I easily remove my hard top? I prefer to buy something already made that will do the trick for a fraction of the cost.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

My sister works for a national marketing giant and both her and my cousin are in the marketing arena and do marketing work for some very big corps prior and current.

broncoskip

Outer Banks
First Name
Broncoskip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@broncoskip Since you brought it up, how can I easily remove my hard top? I prefer to buy something already made that will do the trick for a fraction of the cost.
I researched this when i had a wrangler, but never did anything permenant.

You can get something like the rollnjack $750, or some competitors are cheaper.

Ford Bronco Article about the dust up between B6G and BN 1611862066516

Rollnjack link

I think it's a bit expensive. With two recovery straps and an electric winch or pully system, you can build something off your ceiling for $200 or cheaper.

joeramirez

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Rollnjack link

Or you can
Looking for a $100 option

Sponsored

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
i can’t think of a successful large brand tha doesn’t use outside agencies and firms in their marketing efforts. It’s a scale/cost thing. Even Apple, Google and Target which have amazing marketing and in-house advertising and P&R teams, hire others to do specific and high-profile work.

As Ford has a vested interest in the role BN is doing, the Ford lawyers could’ve very much been behind the cease and desist. Ford might’ve thought it best to control what goes out and funnel it through their channel (the video reacted BN forum, and social media) which they have oversight and approvals vs an unknown, uncontrollable yet enthusiastic entity.

They pay model of BN does give me a pause to those motives though. But we don’t know KNOW who benefits.

I say all this as someone who only follows BN 2 second-hand here on B6G and other enthusiast pages, so yeah, they stepped in it. At any rate, I’m glad for all the dreamers, covert photographers, photo-shoppers, gear-ratio mathematicians, dealer insiders, and perfectly-in-the-clear-reposters-of-third-party-content right here on B6G
I had just finished sitting through an hour and a half recorded lecture from a contracted company for work, so I was a little bent at that point.

subshooter

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 911 and 2014 Boxster S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The ridiculous thing is that it was never a copywrite infringement anyway since all content was referenced and credited. BN had no legal basis to send the letter to B6G and B6G had no obligation to adhere to the letter. Did BN even use an attorney to draft the letter? SMH. Morons over there. Ford should hire B6G to market their products.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base

Ford Bronco Article about the dust up between B6G and BN 1611862066516

Rollnjack link

I think it's a bit expensive. With two recovery straps and an electric winch or pully system, you can build something off your ceiling for $200 or cheaper.
Please post this as a separate thread. I think lots of us would be interested.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am not sure the author of the article or members here know that Jackson Dawson is located in the "Washer/Dryer" (aka "Salt & Pepper") buildings, a short walk from either Ford Headquarters (known as the "Glass House") or the Ford Marketing headquarters (known as "Blue Lagoon"). They get their paychecks from a different company, but many there have more experience with Ford than Ford employees themselves. They are literally "on campus".

Side Note: FordDirect, the organization that runs dealer sites (known as "tier 3 sites", Ford.com is known as a "tier 1" site) is located in the next building over, called "Darth Vader".

Dearborn has the coolest names for their buildings.
Sponsored

Last edited: