Sponsored

Why all the secrecy BN and OBL and Ford???

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

BN has come out many times saying they do not receive a penny from Ford, I can only assume they make money on traffic from their social media with access to these Broncos, hence why they would send letters and try and stop guys like the stig (who is definitely not part of the marketing team but has helped all of us here tremendously) from showing us the goods they are probably not even getting access to in the same time frame.
Well technically that is correct, Bronco Nation is owned and paid for by Jackson Dawson Marketing. Ford pays Jackson Dawson, a standard business contract arrangement.

A number of us have explained the relationship before, so here is a refresher course. Bronco Nation is masquerading as an enthusiast forum but is in fact owned and run by one of Ford's marketing companies, Jackson Dawson.

Ford's Marketing Company >>> Jackson Dawson >>> Bronco Nation owned by Jackson Dawson

TERMS OF USE

https://community.thebronconation.com/terms-of-use/
The Site is owned and operated by Jackson-Dawson.

Want to know more about Jackson Dawson?

https://www.jacksonmg.com/about/

Trademarks
BRONCO NATION, OFF-ROADEO, BRONCO BASECAMP
https://uspto.report/company/Jackson-Dawson-Communications-Inc

As user @Simmy stated:
Ford = BN, BN = Ford. That's never been in doubt. BN is run by Jackson-Dawson, Ford's marketing company.

When one of Bronco Nation's shill's posted this:
Prove to me that Bronco Nation is owned or even *paid* by Ford and I will literally buy you a Bronco.

I responded and explained in this link (click here).

When I sent him a DM asking for delivery of my Bronco he was going to pay for, he left the site with no further replies or posts.
Hello John,

As you requested, I have provided you with the facts and proven, Bronco Nation is contractually owned by Ford, through their paid marketing agreement with Jackson Dawson Marketing.

So how do you want to handle the transaction cost for my Bronco, would you like to wire the funds to my dealer?

Best Regards, North7
Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Iā€™ve yet to see a single photo that demonstrates the off-road capability of the Black Diamond Bronco (non-sasquatch). So donā€™t pretend like Ford has given us plenty of info, because they havenā€™t. Get that blue oval out of your mouth.
Why would off-road capability be anything less (like itā€™s just no good) using factory shocks? Everyone knows aftermarket suspension is better. Otherwise thereā€™s never be a market for it. But to think capability is non existent in comparison is ill thinking. You want better? Then buy aftermarket after you you purchase. The handling will be improved going with aftermarket. Thatā€™s not to take away from Ford. All manufacturers build for cheapest they can. But it works.

SAS pack is an upgrade. You canā€™t compare factory non-SAS to a SAS. Thatā€™s ridiculous. Itā€™s cheaper to go SAS than probably upgrade All components in the pack separately. Do you need to upgrade all parts? No. You can upgrade something to fit your needs. Hereā€™s an article on OEM vs aftermarket suspension:

https://www.yourmechanic.com/article/what-advantages-do-aftermarket-suspension-components-offer
That's not what he... you know what nevermind. It's not worth the effort.

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why would off-road capability be anything less (like itā€™s just no good) using factory shocks? Everyone knows aftermarket suspension is better. Otherwise thereā€™s never be a market for it. But to think capability is non existent in comparison is ill thinking. You want better? Then buy aftermarket after you you purchase. The handling will be improved going with aftermarket. Thatā€™s not to take away from Ford. All manufacturers build for cheapest they can. But it works.

SAS pack is an upgrade. You canā€™t compare factory non-SAS to a SAS. Thatā€™s ridiculous. Itā€™s cheaper to go SAS than probably upgrade All components in the pack separately. Do you need to upgrade all parts? No. You can upgrade something to fit your needs. Hereā€™s an article on OEM vs aftermarket suspension:

https://www.yourmechanic.com/article/what-advantages-do-aftermarket-suspension-components-offer
You missed the point entirely. Nobody said the Black Diamond isnā€™t capable. What we are saying is that Ford has yet to showcase the Black Diamond, and itā€™s off-road capability. Not sure why youā€™re ranting about aftermarket parts, because we werenā€™t talking about that. šŸ¤£

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You missed the point entirely. Nobody said the Black Diamond isnā€™t capable. What we are saying is that Ford has yet to showcase the Black Diamond, and itā€™s off-road capability. Not sure why youā€™re ranting about aftermarket parts, because we werenā€™t talking about that. šŸ¤£
Would it not be similar across the board? I don't see how one model would be vastly superior to another save Sasquatch, even then it's probably negligible for 99% of folks.

I would like to see the underneath of a Black Diamond and Badlands to see how much is covered by skidplates etc. I'm mostly curious if the cats are covered at all to prevent thievery by pillbillies.

Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Would it not be similar across the board? I don't see how one model would be vastly superior to another save Sasquatch, even then it's probably negligible for 99% of folks.

I would like to see the underneath of a Black Diamond and Badlands to see how much is covered by skidplates etc. I'm mostly curious if the cats are covered at all to prevent thievery by pillbillies.
Badlands has a Sasquatch suspension, or very very close to it. It is not yet 100% clear, which is part of the point being made here. How does that upgraded suspension (or suspensions?) differ from the base when it comes to real-world performance?

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra/ 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands has a Sasquatch suspension, or very very close to it. It is not yet 100% clear, which is part of the point being made here. How does that upgraded suspension (or suspensions?) differ from the base when it comes to real-world performance?
Obviously cheaper thinner parts. Not as robust. Itā€™s like buying a v6 Camaro then buying a V8 Camaro. Suspension is obviously upgraded. Theyā€™re just a tad beefier. But even factory badlands will have parts that arenā€™t really up to par. Question is how much do you want to spend? Ford wonā€™t get you there.

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The BD will do whatever a BL will do. Just slower. Of course thatā€™s not counting height difference. Other than that itā€™s capable...

Ford like EVERY OTHER car builder is a marketing team. They will showcase their best in class over anything else. Common sense. If you built a few products all basically the same but ones heavy duty, one is mid tier and then other is light. Youā€™re gonna showcase the heavy duty. Why? Because itā€™s the most expensive. You WANT everyone to buy that. The fact is they cant afford that so theyā€™ll buy lower tier ā€œthinkingā€ theyā€™re in the same class. Can they get there? Sure. Aftermarket....

what people are doing is saying Ford needs to show what a BD can do. Nope they donā€™t. They showed you what a BL can do. Buy a BL or settle for the lower tier. In time youā€™ll see the diff in suspension. Then you can make your call from that.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Obviously cheaper thinner parts. Not as robust. Itā€™s like buying a v6 Camaro then buying a V8 Camaro. Suspension is obviously upgraded. Theyā€™re just a tad beefier. But even factory badlands will have parts that arenā€™t really up to par. Question is how much do you want to spend? Ford wonā€™t get you there.
There believe there is also a 1.5ā€ lift difference, no remote reservoirs and not position sensitive. Ford has showcased the upgraded suspension exclusively. People would like to see the base suspension in action, preferably side by side.

My guess is Baja mode and that style of driving greatly benefits from the upgraded suspension. Additionally Ford is hoping to cash in on FOMO by only showing the top performance models and options.

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There believe there is also a 1.5ā€ lift difference, no remote reservoirs and not position sensitive. Ford has showcased the upgraded suspension exclusively. People would like to see the base suspension in action, preferably side by side.

My guess is Baja mode and that style of driving greatly benefits from the upgraded suspension. Additionally Ford is hoping to cash in on FOMO by only showing the top performance models and options.
Ford doesnā€™t need to show a base in action. Itā€™s not going to have everything up to par to compete with their top tier. They can show a base going on a dirt road. Why? Every vehicle can go on a dirt road.

I say wish in one hand **** in the other. You know what a Bronco can do. The base isnā€™t as beefy as a BL. So why put it through a course? Is it capable? Yep. Aftermarket. I donā€™t need to see a base or a BD in action. A BD is not far off from a BL if you opt for a MT. Buy many want the auto. So Ford said weā€™ll down grade You for choosing that and force you to pay them more to get a bit better By going SAS.

Sponsored

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BUT Ask yourself this question ... have you ever seen this much info about a vehicle that is not yet for sale?
No. But I wasn't looking for other vehicles like I am this one so.....

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford doesnā€™t need to show a base in action. Itā€™s not going to have everything up to par to compete with their top tier. They can show a base going on a dirt road. Why? Every vehicle can go on a dirt road.

I say wish in one hand **** in the other. You know what a Bronco can do. The base isnā€™t as beefy as a BL. So why put it through a course? Is it capable? Yep. Aftermarket. I donā€™t need to see a base or a BD in action. A BD is not far off from a BL if you opt for a MT. Buy many want the auto. So Ford said weā€™ll down grade You for choosing that and force you to pay them more to get a bit better By going SAS.
We are agreeing that Ford is only going to show the top trim for the reasons we have both outlined. People just want to make the most informed decision that they can. They arenā€™t going to get that from the manufacturer who has a vested interest in having someone upgrade to pricier parts. That is where independent reviews come in. If people truly need that information, they should wait.

Also, I prefer to keep my hands shit free. Iā€™ve elected for auto and Sasquatch because thatā€™s what I want.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if OBL was an olive branch to 6G as a way to provide the non-Bronco Nation a similar experience? And I wonder if we (and I mean maybe me) took that olive branch and shoved it in their... spare tire.

Having worked at and with more than a few marketing companies I also know they have a distorted sense of reality. But that's their job, reality distortion to sell something.

It would be completely alien for Ben to come over here, make and account and be honest. "Hey, I know things have been a little strange between these two communities but since you have such a much larger group we should just open and say we want to steal all of your members... er, I mean, we should work together."

:p
There is a reason that he directed people off this site to answer questions. And it wasnā€™t to benefit this community.

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We are agreeing that Ford is only going to show the top trim for the reasons we have both outlined. People just want to make the most informed decision that they can. They arenā€™t going to get that from the manufacturer who has a vested interest in having someone upgrade to pricier parts. That is where independent reviews come in. If people truly need that information, they should wait.

Also, I prefer to keep my hands shit free. Iā€™ve elected for auto and Sasquatch because thatā€™s what I want.
What exactly is the informed decision? Everyone can wait an see what the underside looks like on a base vs a SAS pretty soon. Way before their vehicle is ordered most probably. Anyone whoā€™s buying a base isnā€™t going to do what a SAS can do. Unless they plan on spending money. Period. Hell Iā€™m willing to bet 80% of Bronco owners will never put it in mud and probably only 5% will rock climb. See all those Jeeps on the ROAD? Yeah....thatā€™s where the Bronco will be too. Cause they want people to actually SEE them in their Bronco. Just like many people get sports cars and never do anything but drive them in the city...

these vehicles arenā€™t the beaters of yesteryear where all their buddies go out and sink em and pull em out ect. Cars are way too expensive to be pushing them to their limits.
Sponsored

Last edited: