Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad, 2020 Volvo xc40 RDesign
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Like many of us in anticipation of our Broncos, I’m spending too much time on YouTube etc… I think it’s fascinating how the market is evolving rapidly, manufacturers seem to be more dialed into what people are looking for in terms of vehicles. So many offerings. Like many here, I’ve evolved from pick up trucks to SUVs to wagons back to trucks etc.…the market seems to be in tune these days more than ever in terms of dialing down to what each person may need or what their needs may be for a vehicle. I really feel like they are listening and paying attention to forums, online videos, bloggers etc.
Like many here the Bronco is a fit for me, for what I want. I want to enjoy a vehicle again if that makes sense. Many vehicle purchases have been what I needed at the time. I’ve had a great experience with two Tacomas , an Outback when I needed it, German suvs, etc..all good stuff.

Its fun to be excited about a vehicle again to put it simply. I’m also excited to see what the market is bringing to other people out there. As an example I think the Outback Wilderness will be a fun and fairly capable vehicle for people to explore and go a little farther out there. I think Ford and Hyundai are smart to bring people these little unibody trucklets to the market. I think COVID taught people many things, live your life..you can hike without a mask, fish without a mask, camp etc…a couple years of uncertainty definitely can clear your head.
it was in this vain of searching for ideal vehicle for my girlfriend (and sometimes me) we chose to order the Maverick. Why? Because it got us excited. It just seems to fit. My girlfriend is for several months a professional fly fishing guide, spending lots of time in summer months living and working remotely. In fall and winter she guides while living in a more city/suburban setting with her kid and a dog. The Maverick is loaded w storage, safety tech, real utility and yes some capability as well.
Heres our build: XLT, ecoboost, 4x4, FX4, 4K towing for small camper, 360 safety, xlt lux package, hard tri fold tonneau, and a sunroof for fun. This little truck will be able to accommodate her gear while working and her life when she’s not.

I’m glad Ford and others are actually listening…I know myself and many of us on here are excited to actually want what we work hard for!!!.
Sponsored

geronika

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
53 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The Maverick is actually the perfect vehicle for me, I have a 48 mile daily commute so 41 mph is perfect, has the truck bed when I need it, easy access to the backseat for passengers and other stuff. Would be great on long trips, lower to the ground so I can easily get in. Very affordable almost half of what I’m paying for the Bronco. If they debuted it before the Bronco I would have never even thought about a Bronco. But now I’ve been so hyped for a full year and I’m fully invested and obsessed I would look like an idiot not to get my two door gas guzzling high off the ground no cargo room expensive wait another year before I get it Bronco. 🤣

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Maverick is actually the perfect vehicle for me, I have a 48 mile daily commute so 41 mph is perfect, has the truck bed when I need it, easy access to the backseat for passengers and other stuff. Would be great on long trips, lower to the ground so I can easily get in. Very affordable almost half of what I’m paying for the Bronco. If they debuted it before the Bronco I would have never even thought about a Bronco. But now I’ve been so hyped for a full year and I’m fully invested and obsessed I would look like an idiot not to get my two door gas guzzling high off the ground no cargo room expensive wait another year before I get it Bronco. 🤣
I would like the fuel economy of the hybrid Maverick but the tow rating sucks... I only hope the hybrid Maverick has the same rating as the 2.7L Bronco

BoiseBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We’re considering the base maverick (with just a few upgrades) to have for a get around town/running errands/short trips vehicle, and then we will pass it on to our daughter when she’s ready to drive in a handful of years. It’ll have way more safety features than our current 05 Camry my husband wants to give her 🤪. I plan to make her save up to pay for part of it if she wants it to be officially hers then!

Going to wait though until I’ve driven the bronco for a while to see how gas mileage really pans out based on my driving needs.

geronika

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
53 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would like the fuel economy of the hybrid Maverick but the tow rating sucks... I only hope the hybrid Maverick has the same rating as the 2.7L Bronco
I rarely need to tow anything so it’s not a deal breaker for me. If I did it would certainly be a consideration.

Sponsored

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a Cyber Orange Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid on order. Gonna sell our Model Y for 5-6k over what we paid for it new and put my wife in it because it looks perfect for us. She isn't going to tow at all, but having a little truck to bring home stuff from Home Depot or the nursery or tow a 5x8 uhaul trailer is plenty for us. If it gets in the upper 30s mpg wise, its solid. It also gets us free express lanes access down here, which can be up to $10 each way into/out of Miami.

Just looking at the spec sheet, it looks like its as spacious or in some cases more spacious than a Tacoma or Ranger. I think Ford hit it out of the park with the Maverick, much moreso than Hyundai with the Santa Cruz.

I ordered June 9th through Granger before I knew @DealerInsider existed, and he's doing 4% under invoice for orders which makes the Maverick an absolute deal compared to buying a very used Tacoma or Ranger to do the same thing.

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I have a Cyber Orange Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid on order. Gonna sell our Model Y for 5-6k over what we paid for it new and put my wife in it because it looks perfect for us. She isn't going to tow at all, but having a little truck to bring home stuff from Home Depot or the nursery or tow a 5x8 uhaul trailer is plenty for us. If it gets in the upper 30s mpg wise, its solid. It also gets us free express lanes access down here, which can be up to $10 each way into/out of Miami.

Just looking at the spec sheet, it looks like its as spacious or in some cases more spacious than a Tacoma or Ranger. I think Ford hit it out of the park with the Maverick, much moreso than Hyundai with the Santa Cruz.

I ordered June 9th through Granger before I knew @DealerInsider existed, and he's doing 4% under invoice for orders which makes the Maverick an absolute deal compared to buying a very used Tacoma or Ranger to do the same thing.
Lol I’m also getting 5-8k over what I paid for Tesla. Getting rid of Tesla end of this month. Ordered a poverty Maverick XL with just 360.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

First off, I do like my new Ranger. Great truck, with a great engine/transmission combo that work smoothly together. However, if I would have been paying closer attention it would have been a difficult choice between the Ranger, and the Maverick. The way I use a truck these the smaller Maverick would have fit right into my rolling stock. :)

I think Ford has hit another homerun with the Maverick.

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Lol I’m also getting 5-8k over what I paid for Tesla. Getting rid of Tesla end of this month. Ordered a poverty Maverick XL with just 360.
yeah pretty ridiculous

AutoNation gave me the best price for it, over Carvana and Vroom somehow

Sponsored

bronconagurski

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 corvette and 2022 Maverick Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I also ordered a Maverick to hold me over 'til I can get my Bronco with the body colored hardtop in '23 (I hope). I have a 8/29/20 reservation for a Wildtrak.

Here's my Maverick order

Attachments

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thank u Balu! appreciate the mention!

motocane

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I recently put in a Maverick reservation too. I loved my old Sport Trac for the Swiss Army knife it was and appreciate the Ridgeline’s similar functionality but the look and high price relative to more traditional trucks always gave me pause and I’m glad it did.

The Maverick hits the sweet spot so it will accompany my Bronco in the driveway. Haven’t converted to order so not sure how I’m going to build it but not in a hurry.

Bert20000

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can see part stores ordering many of Mavericks for deliveries. I don't know how you guys can put your selves through another new releases back to back.
Sponsored