Sponsored

Why is the Bronco appealing? Is it worth the price?

Golfsnob

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base 2 Door, Manual, 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Base
At 58 I can't count the number of vehicles I've had. The 2 door base manual is the most fun I've had in a vehicle since I was 16. At $31,500 and around $3,000 in mods by the time it's all said and done it's a bargain.
Sponsored

MyMaria

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
To answer your question, yes the bronco is worth the price.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey guys, you did see that the OP started this post over a year ago, right? Not sure how the second guy even found this a year later, but a lot has changed since Jan 2022.

For what itā€™s worth, I hate the cop out response when people say ā€œsomething is worth what youā€™d pay for itā€, as if the buyer sets the price for anything in this country. We donā€™t have the barter system here, itā€™s supply and demand economy.

A seller sets a price, if no one whatā€™s whatever goods, the seller goes out of business; end of story.

A vehicleā€˜s value is in its utility. Is a Ferrari whatever, worth $300K? Not really, but those who can may choose to.

Is Pappy 23 worth $5K a bottle? Not at all, but guys pay it, if you donā€™t drink it, itā€™s kind of dumb, but if you do, youā€™re stupid to pay $5K For A $200 bottle of bourbon. If you buy to trade it as an investment, thatā€™s dumb also. So why is it $5K? Because shady people use it to bypass regulated fund exchanges, so the value is between private parties.

Anyway, a Broncoā€™s value is in how you use It. If just to sit in a garage and drive on pavement, likely not much beyond the current novelty factor. If you wheel it and create memories, the value is in that, in the experiences itā€™ll take you to.

Also, cost is relative to how much money you have or your net worth. If your net worth is lower, value is much more important to you than those who have more money and may just view it as a toy or thing for the moment.

Thereā€™s not right or wrong answer to this question, so it only exists as a philosophical pursuit that doesnā€™t mean anything.

Since Ford canā€™t make enough of them, the COST is going to continue to increase. Opportunity cost of the Bronco is where the really informative discussion lies. And Ford will continue to push the boundaries of this concept until people stop buying it.

The Bronco worth it ??!! Hells yeah.

The Pappy ? At anything more than about $150, no bourbon is worth it, and Pappy has never done it for me anyway.

Last edited:

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Value depends on the individual. I think a 2 door Basemansquatch is one of the best off-road capable values you could ever get new. You get a lot for 40k.

I ended up going with a Badlands and my 2 door 7mt Badlands MSRP was like $46k. I had planned on the Basemansquatch but the marine grade vinyl and washout floor called out to mešŸ˜€

I wouldnā€™t be here if Bronco didnā€™t come in a 2 door Manual or exceeded $50k. For me, Iā€™m not really an SUV or truck guy. Over $50k and Iā€™m getting a car

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
The sticker price on my 2-door Base Sasquatch was $38,310. Definitely worth it to me.

I've had it for more than a year and haven't regretted the purchase for a minute.
You must have gotten a 2021 with minimal options. That's about a $50k vehicle now a days. Crazy times we are living in.

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco worth it ??!! Hells yeah.

The Pappy ? At anything more than about $150, no bourbon is worth it, and Pappy has never done to for me anyway.
With you bud. Bronco is the tits! But I wheel as well as cruise the mall and park it outside of cool bars. :ROFLMAO:

Bourbon is poor, Southern man's whiskey, should never be older than 10 years, cause who the hell can wait that long for a drank?? Only made in Kentucky, and shouldn't be expensive or sit on some shelf. Bourbon is for drankin; anything else and you ain't doing it right!

Pappy 23 is far too mellow and kinda tastes weak.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I like mine a lot and I have had it almost a year and half. I paid MSRP and I am ok with that price. It is not "a lot" for the money but was worth it IMHO. Paying a markup on one is just plain stupid.

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You must have gotten a 2021 with minimal options. That's about a $50k vehicle now a days. Crazy times we are living in.
Picked up my 23my 2dr basesquach from granger two weeks ago. 39k before trade in or down payment. Definitely worth it!

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My 2021 4 door OBX Lux topped out around $55-58k MSRP. Spec by spec I compared it within inches dimensionaly with a Defender as I had a hankering for another LR. The at the time $10-12k premium of the LR led me to the Bronco. What people are wiling to pay in ADM however puts the cost of a Bronco up with Lexus/Audi/Cadillac - you can buy a King Ranch Explorer for nearly $20k less than a Bronco today with as close to as many comfort" features as you can get. (KR Exp's are selling around $5k LESS than MSRP)

Who in their right mind pays $85k for a 4 door Ranger with a soft top? Too many, that's who.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Picked up my 23my 2dr basesquach from granger two weeks ago. 39k before trade in or down payment. Definitely worth it!
I'm guessing you were price locked before the price increases though and on top of that, the Granger discount. You got lucky.

Now Ford can't build Sasquatch Broncos for the rest of the year. Prices are shooting through the roof for already on the lot or slightly used Sasquatch Broncos. It's getting to be a very hard vehicle for the masses to get a hold of.

Sponsored

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

At current price? It's very debatable. A base 4Dr Wildtrak with no options is $58K - that's with cloth seats and the ear bleeding 6 speaker audio and small screen. That's more than a 4Runner TRD Pro (top trim).

I do think the Base Squatch at the older prices were great value. High-trim Broncos are nothing special. Lux and B&O are barely worth the money.

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm guessing you were price locked before the price increases though and on top of that, the Granger discount. You got lucky.

Now Ford can't build Sasquatch Broncos for the rest of the year. Prices are shooting through the roof for already on the lot or slightly used Sasquatch Broncos. It's getting to be a very hard vehicle for the masses to get a hold of.
You are correct sir. I looked up the value of my model and it was worth 55k, around 20k more then what I ended up paying. Some people I know said I was stupid to not flip it and get something else. HELL NO, I waited three years for this! Lol

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
You are correct sir. I looked up the value of my model and it was worth 55k, around 20k more then what I ended up paying. Some people I know said I was stupid to not flip it and get something else. HELL NO, I waited three years for this! Lol
Let's see how long you last. Lol. I flipped my first Bronco that I waited forever for. I did regret it though. Ended up getting lucky and buying another brand new one a reservation holder backed out of. That's not easy to do though. Enjoy your Bronco. Life's short.

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered a 4 door black diamond in Oct 2021. I went to the dealer the other day to look around and discuss possible ADM. I was assured there would be no mark up over the sticker price. I got nothing in writing. While looking around I noticed a badlands for sale, so I grabbed the key from my sales guy and took it for a long ride to check it out. The bronco's ride is really nice and is comfortable to drive. This 4 door had the 2.3 which surprised me with the power it put out, I ordered the 2.7. As nice as the bronco is, it's still a ford and has hard plastics and a loose fitting soft top.

So, Is the Ford Bronco worth the asking price?

The Bronco I ordered is just under $50,000. The Bronco is definitely not a value, but I do think it's worth the price of admission. It's one of the most talked about and great looking vehicles out right now. It also has a huge cool factor. It's not supposed to be a luxury car, it's meant to a fun, sporty off road capable ride. Even though looks like I most likely have a bit of a wait for my Bronco, I'm still excited to get it and personalize it with a bunch of accessories.

BTW. The bronco I drove was marked up $5000. Supposedly someone bailed out on buying it. I discussed this with several people in the dealership and don't think it's too slimy to mark up something on the lot. They agreed that ordered vehicles would be left at sticker. I still may try to get something in writing.
Most definitely get a sign "Purchase Agreement" (PA) ! It is the only document that will guarantee your pricing. This forum is filled with way too many threads regarding last minute price increases passed on to the buyer at the last minute.
If your dealership will not provide you with a signed PA, you will have difficulties...

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly, if it wasn't for granger I would have walked away from my reservation.

5k and 6 months in, so far I like it. Definitely a late midlife crisis vehicle for me. Like I told my sister, it's noisy, gets crappy gas mileage, is tiny (2 door) inside and huge outside and serves no practical purpose.
Sponsored