Sponsored

Why is the Bronco appealing? Is it worth the price?

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Why is it appealing? That's in the eye of beholder. Is it worth it? It's definitely the coolest vehicle you can get for the money new. I don't want to own anything else in the same price range.
Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are correct sir. I looked up the value of my model and it was worth 55k, around 20k more then what I ended up paying. Some people I know said I was stupid to not flip it and get something else. HELL NO, I waited three years for this! Lol
Yeah you did and so happy to see you finally got it. :)

Iā€™m into month 3 of ownership and just canā€™t see wanting anything elseā€¦ā€¦

Unless, VW doesnā€™t screw up the EV Scout which should be pretty sweet if it can get 300 miles and at least 200 off pavement driving. Renders look really nice, but Bronco like, like in the old days.

Granger honoring the deals they struck is just awesome. Got mine MSRP from my dealership (Jim Ellis Ford) and am very happy I didnā€™t go with a Defender.

djnemo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mini Countryman JCW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Won't get my Bronco for another few weeks so can't say if it's worth it yet, but if I didn't get a Bronco this year, I might have looked elsewhere in 2024 with the increasing MSRP and loss of price protection.

jbacon47

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BadLands manual 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honest opinion: Probably not. If you arenā€™t out off-roading every other weekend, the Bronco is a mostly-looks lifestyle family SUV with far less utility compared to competition. The tow capacity is out-classed by all other 4-door SUV. The new wrangler has it beat.. (which isnā€™t saying much). Owning a large family SUV and being unable to tow a family boat/trailer is a deal breaker for many. The Bronco is in a weird spot, itā€™s a big SUV, but has worst MPG than many full size 3-row seaters. The highlander/4Runner/wrangler are better on paper. I would consider a Ford Explorer too, efficient, good looks, and tows well. The poor aerodynamics is the reason the MPG is so bad, trade-off for looking so good.

Overall, get whatever you enjoy. Who cares what I/people think.

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really like my 4dr non-SAS hardtop Badlands, and since it was my first truck, first "convertible," and first new purchase I think it is entirely worth it. The Wrangler is the gold-standard of this segment, which consists of maybe a half-dozen serious competitors, and only the Bronco goes as far as the Jeep does (roof options, door removal, floor drains).

Realistically, it drives very well, and has way more capability than I do experience. It also fits a bunch of stuff and our dogs in it, is comfortable, and there are a bunch of things I can do it to. It almost comes off as the truck version of the Mustang, where you kinda of have to make it your own. Taking the front and mid roof panels off today to run errands was gloriousā˜€
Sponsored