Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So I had previously thought I had lost my reservation cause my dealership was super confusing and I guess my 21 badlands lux sas changed to a 22 by “itself”. Seemed pretty fishy but now I don’t know if I should wait possibly another year for the badlands sas with lux 2.7. I don’t really care about anything in the lux besides the 360 camera but idk if it would be 4-5 k more for. I am getting okay with going to the 2.3 because I’ve heard good things from it too.
2.3 is a solid motor. It's been treating Ranger very well.

As for Lux, you can get 360 with just the High package, which also has the F/R parking sensors which are nice on a chonky beast if you drive in the city.

Lux's claim to fame is the adaptive cruise control suite. Some people want that, some don't. Make the decision that's best for you. IMHO, High Package (333A) is an absolute BARGAIN at $2,790, and Lux Package (334A) is total garbage. If I could pay to get rid of the adaptive suite control in my Mazda6, I would. And the sound system/heated steering wheel is hardly worth $2,500 more than High Package.

Edit: Adding package images, these are for Badlands, which you indicated is your trim level.

Ford Bronco Is the 360 degree camera worth it? 1652737422515

Ford Bronco Is the 360 degree camera worth it? 1652737407199
Sponsored

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes. Especially if you plan to off-road it.

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in Utah as well, and it's so nice to have around here to see over crests and to see where your tires are lined up on the rocks. I did the Moab off-rodeo in one that didn't have the cameras and I was so wishing I had them. It all depends on what you're going to be doing with the Bronco though.

OP
OP
Perdido214

Perdido214

Badlands
First Name
Memo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 f150 5.0 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought a 2.3 Big Bend off the lot because I wanted to be sure I liked this vehicle before putting a much more expensive order in. Maybe a better way to put it was I wanted to make sure my wife was on board fully.

The Big Bend does not have the 360 and I don’t really mind not having it. I have 360 on my BMW and love it. I think it’s one of those things that you’ll love if you have and not miss it if you don’t. When I do order I will get the Lux but not for the 360, I would for the heated steering wheel…it’s stupid that isn’t included with heated seats.

My Big Bend is a 2.3 and I was convinced I was going to get the bigger engine when The order banks open again. I can’t say that I will anymore. I like my little 4 and it does everything I need it to. I’ll be follow the responses to see what others say and it might sway my future order. But I do like the little engine.
Thank you this is helpful. I might change my engine if anything too and maybe get it sooner!!

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Off-roading, the front camera is great for hills, and the tire cams are awesome for rock crawling.
In real world, they're only useful for parking since they turn off over 5 MPH.
The reverse cam is also useful, but if you have a hitch mounted cargo basket, it is useless.

It's a choice you'll need to make depending on your lifestyle.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Perdido214

Perdido214

Badlands
First Name
Memo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 f150 5.0 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2.3 is a solid motor. It's been treating Ranger very well.

As for Lux, you can get 360 with just the High package, which also has the F/R parking sensors which are nice on a chonky beast if you drive in the city.

Lux's claim to fame is the adaptive cruise control suite. Some people want that, some don't. Make the decision that's best for you. IMHO, High Package (333A) is an absolute BARGAIN at $2,790, and Lux Package (334A) is total garbage. If I could pay to get rid of the adaptive suite control in my Mazda6, I would. And the sound system/heated steering wheel is hardly worth $2,500 more than High Package.

Edit: Adding package images, these are for Badlands, which you indicated is your trim level.

I tried changing it at my dealership but they said that they couldn’t for some reason but they could change everything else which was weird.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I use it quite often, from seeing how perfect I can center in a parking space, to squeezing in my garage, to navigating tight spaces on the trails. I highly recommend high package, as you get the cameras, bigger screen, and lane keep assist has been handy on long road trips with winding roads. Lux is definitely up for debate. The adaptive cruise gets in the way when trying to upgrade bumpers and install a winch, and relocating the adaptive cruise box would make me nervous. Wireless charging isn’t that good, from what I hear. Heating steering wheel is a big win for some. Some need the better sound system on Lux, but I have found the base system on high package to be adequate. 2.7l engine, won’t work as hard to get these pigs moving, extra power is nice and should last many years if taken care of.

OP
OP
Perdido214

Perdido214

Badlands
First Name
Memo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 f150 5.0 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in Utah as well, and it's so nice to have around here to see over crests and to see where your tires are lined up on the rocks. I did the Moab off-rodeo in one that didn't have the cameras and I was so wishing I had them. It all depends on what you're going to be doing with the Bronco though.
Nice what were your dates and what dealership did you go with? Do you have Sasquatch?

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the 360 degree camera is the reason why I haven't yet run anyone over or destroyed my rear corner panel parking at the trader joes on a Sunday

Noco

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Trail Teams edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 360 cam is great!

Sponsored

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice what were your dates and what dealership did you go with? Do you have Sasquatch?
I went Labor Day weekend last year and got my Badlands/Lux in December. I’ve used my camera so many times.
Did not get Sasquatch as I wanted a daily driver and family road trip vehicle. I wasn’t sure how Squatch would handle that and I’m happy I kept the 33s. I’ve scraped the skids plenty of times but still don’t really need the extra 2 inches of tire.

OP
OP
Perdido214

Perdido214

Badlands
First Name
Memo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 f150 5.0 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went Labor Day weekend last year and got my Badlands/Lux in December. I’ve used my camera so many times.
Did not get Sasquatch as I wanted a daily driver and family road trip vehicle. I wasn’t sure how Squatch would handle that and I’m happy I kept the 33s. I’ve scraped the skids plenty of times but still don’t really need the extra 2 inches of tire.
That’s crazy! I made my reservation 7/13/20 and placed my actual order 3/3/21 and still haven’t heard a thing but I do have the Sasquatch. What dealership did you do?

ILoveTacos

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have it and find it very useful in tight parking lots, or even pulling into my garage (it's a snug fit). You can't really see over the hood very well to tell exactly where your front end is so it's been worth it for me as part of the high package.

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bronco is pretty narrow and the hood is flat making it super easy to see where you are when you’re parking. Easier to park than a Corolla IMO.

However, the only thing I miss about my BL is using the 360 camera in the rocks, it is a GAME CHANGER

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I tried changing it at my dealership but they said that they couldn’t for some reason but they could change everything else which was weird.
I'm guessing Ford has added restrictions due to the chip shortage. May be worth checking in occasionally to see if it can be added before you get a build date.
Sponsored