First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’d buy her one. I believe it to be safe being larger and body on frame design. They drive nice. Even if you don’t do serious off roading it is still a fun vehicle. I don’t need one, but I love them. Always have. Don’t want a car. Have done pick up trucks and don’t want another.
Sponsored

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was in a crash in February when another driver blew a red light and I hit their front driver side quarter panel going 30mph. The Bronco kept me safe (airbags deployed).

However, I’m still waiting to get it back from the body shop. The repairs were complete six weeks ago, but the damn thing keeps throwing error codes which has led to weeks of back-and-forth between Ford and the shop trying to figure out what’s wrong. Brand new vehicle and nobody has a clue what’s wrong. Probably not much different than any newer vehicle. But still, it’s annoying to think this “rugged” outdoor vehicle is so susceptible to electronic problems.

Red Mountain Pass

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Ford Bronco, 1968 Buick Riviera GS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Unless this is you, or you have BroncBuster driving skills, the Bronco is safe and worth it.
Ford Bronco Is it worth it? Are they safe enough? monkey-champese(1)

George De

Outer Banks
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Defender
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So my daughter wants to buy a bronco but I’ve been reading through these forums and after seeing all the things going wrong with them I’m wondering is it really worth it?
I know cars are not built as well as they used to be but is this one a bad investment?
Also is it true that it must be the hard top to get the safety airbag?
Thank you
MDeWolf

My Daughter is getting an 2D Outer Banks, Built and waiting Shipping.

Highly recommend but get either the High or the Lux Package (most or all the Safety features).

Not as big or as high as your Dodge Ram 3500 Dually but both you and she will love it!

And it comes w a Hard Top and Side Airbags deployed from the top-side Roof Rails.

Check out the engine choices. My Daughter liked the 2.7 V6 for its power and the “Full Time 4x4 Drive” Option for its simplicity.

Fivefingerheist

Badlands
First Name
FFH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, 4-D, Non-SAS, 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine is currently in the shop after an old lady failed to yield, and ran into me while I was going 45 mph (caught on the front driver side of my steel bumper). Curtain airbag stopped my face from kissing my windshield. Bronco literally went through their front bumper like a battering ram. If I was in my wife's Cherokee the crash may have let me off a lot worse. Just had ringing in my left ear for three days.

Sponsored

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ve got 15k and 15 months on my 2.7. The soft top liner is coming down and needs to be reglued. There are a few recalls that I need to bring it in for as well: windshield adhesive, child safety door lock, software update to fix rear camera staying on in 4L. Those are a little annoying but nothing major. I really like the bronco and plan to keep it for the long haul.

My driving style has completely changed with the bronco, especially on the highway. I find myself in the slow lane sometimes not even up to speed limit. I just enjoy the ride and have a sense of “I’ll get there when I get there”

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a Badlands, modded out. I have a soft top and the vehicle feels safe. I will interject this into the conversation. My wife has a Bronco Sport Heritage Limited. It's beefier, bigger than a normal sport, and sturdy on the road. It also drives very nicely and has all of the amenities that anyone would want.

If she is going to do some off-roading, I suggest a Badlands model, or the Heritage if you can find the latter. Just a thought on the matter.

Johnny Rebel

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Big Bend, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So my daughter wants to buy a bronco but I’ve been reading through these forums and after seeing all the things going wrong with them I’m wondering is it really worth it?
I know cars are not built as well as they used to be but is this one a bad investment?
Thank you
We haven't hesitated to let our kids to drive our Broncos, and they LOVE them.

Are they safe enough? I had a high-speed rollover crash while off-roading in our Raptor (completely my fault for driving past my abilities in unfamiliar terrain) and walked away virtually unscathed. Rolled 3 times, landed upright, opened the door and got out. The curtain airbags and roll cage saved me. The Bronco fared surprisingly well and is being repaired. My opinion is that they're an exceptionally safe vehicle. Hats off to Ford!

Are they worth it? This is more subjective, but to me, absolutely. I would spend the money again on either of them. We've had zero mechanical issues and are very happy with both trucks. Chances are good that your daughter will be too!

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thank you
are you trolling
2021 for bd 2.7l soft top 4dr sas area51
i love my bronco

Sponsored

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If she is going to do some off-roading, I suggest a Badlands model, or the Heritage if you can find the latter. Just a thought on the matter.
She's a highschooler who wants a convertible lol. Stock OBX with 4A and be done with it!

woof

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW X5, 2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Interesting post. I've raised 3 boys(oldest is 34) and have a 4th with a learners permit.

They all went through a masters drive program, winter driving skills and a lot of parental patience. I believed in surrounding them with a larger vehicle.

I have purchased 2 4-runners, 2 Subaru Legacys and 2 pathfinders, all destroyed by accident or lack of maintenance (um dad, while at college, I noticed that my oil was turning grey, 2 years later...). They also had a blast arguing about whom the lifted jeep with 35s would go to(it was sacrificed for a pathfinder).

They even had access to our Lexus hybrid (ouch, 10mph collision with a curb was about $5K, at least they said it was 10mph, drove it home with the front end locked up...). They crashed my Yukon Denali as well (front bumper)... the ex-wife tried to hide it...

All the boys are safe, and maybe learned a lesson or two, they only crashed one car they are paying for since...

So my long winded answer here is that the bronco feels like a very safe vehicle with a solid and planted ride. It also has the size I feel comfortable in, I found the steel used in it interesting, and yes my black diamond has the upper airbags in the roll bar. My 28 year old is completely jealous of my Bronco (he has a wrangler at the moment through my influence before the bronco).

From a value perspective, I remember when I could have purchased a jeep for $15K, our MDX lists out for over 60K now. It would be hard to find a fun new vehicle for less imho. Is this the right car for a kid, that depends on the parents' budget and tolerance/acceptance for repair/replacement costs...

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Almost two years and no issues, 16K miles. It's as reliable as any other vehicle I've owned so far.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if it's her first vehicle, i'd look at a older vehicle to collect the first set of dents. once she's mastered that, bronco time!

(seriously, one of my friends growing up had a big suburban that was purchased with numerous dents and mismatched paint on all four doors. no one ever parked beside her and all the BMW drivers would avoid her like the plague while driving) ;)

SilverSurfer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond 4dr MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, but get a manual transmission so she can't text and drive. :)
Sponsored