First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a 2023 Bronco and currently have a trade in offer of $48,250 ($51,640 FMV equivalent). I am sadly having to trade it in for a better commuter vehicle.

I am curious what a fair market price would be or what you think a good trade value would be? Should I take this offer? KBB says fair market value is $58k which just seems a little silly, their platform seems inaccurate lately altogether.

I tried to consider variables such as the Base no longer being an option for 2024 and entry into a Sasquatch V6 is around $56k now.

- 2023 Bronco Base V6
- 1,400 miles
- Bestop Soft Top
- Sasquatch, Aux Switches, Trunk Mat, Premium Floor Mats
- Had the speakers upgraded by a professional shop (no amp or anything just speakers)
- Professionally ceramic coated when new
- Mud guards

Thank you to everyone in advance who can offer solid advice of if this is a good trade in offer and if I should move forward!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Coastalcop

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ignore your add-ons when calculating for a dealer. Factory add-ons are calculated.

private party is best if you have the time, but calculate the trade in tax savings if applicable to your state.

Winds of Change

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Obx SaS/2021 Bronco sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Trade in is less than fair market value. FMV is what it sells for.

OP
OP
cactusbase

cactusbase

Base
First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey Everyone - I do want to note I understand the difference between FMV and trade. I added in the FMV equivalent with the tax savings considered. Thank you for pointing this out

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How many miles do you drive? The loss on the Bronco, plus the potential cost of a new vehicle, can probably buy a lot of gas with the difference $$$.

Sponsored

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a 2023 Bronco and currently have a trade in offer of $48,250 ($51,640 FMV equivalent). I am sadly having to trade it in for a better commuter vehicle.

I am curious what a fair market price would be or what you think a good trade value would be? Should I take this offer? KBB says fair market value is $58k which just seems a little silly, their platform seems inaccurate lately altogether.

I tried to consider variables such as the Base no longer being an option for 2024 and entry into a Sasquatch V6 is around $56k now.

- 2023 Bronco Base V6
- 1,400 miles
- Bestop Soft Top
- Sasquatch, Aux Switches, Trunk Mat, Premium Floor Mats
- Had the speakers upgraded by a professional shop (no amp or anything just speakers)
- Professionally ceramic coated when new
- Mud guards

Thank you to everyone in advance who can offer solid advice of if this is a good trade in offer and if I should move forward!
If 48 is an actual offer I’d take it so fast it would make time stop around me. The base with the 8 inch screen is not going to age well in price once 2024s roll out.

that infotainment stuff is all old and causes a lot of issues a 12 inch screen doesn’t. Very hard to sell old tech in cars anymore I’d imagine with everyone wanting big screens and all the features.

OP
OP
cactusbase

cactusbase

Base
First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
How many miles do you drive? The loss on the Bronco, plus the potential cost of a new vehicle, can probably buy a lot of gas with the difference $$$.
Currently almost none because my office is a mile down the road. It’ll be 20 each way. This will actually be a gain because of when I ordered the vehicle

OP
OP
cactusbase

cactusbase

Base
First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
If 48 is an actual offer I’d take it so fast it would make time stop around me. The base with the 8 inch screen is not going to age well in price once 2024s roll out.

that infotainment stuff is all old and causes a lot of issues a 12 inch screen doesn’t. Very hard to sell old tech in cars anymore I’d imagine with everyone wanting big screens and all the features.
I was thinking about this as well. At the same time the cost of entry for a V6 Bronco has become enormous. I think cheapest V6 sasquatch is like $56k now. Maybe that’ll help, who knows.

Layman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am with 35tires. $48k seems like a solid trade-in price. I would jump on that. It is a base, and your original sticker was what? My guess is less than $48k.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored
OP
OP
cactusbase

cactusbase

Base
First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
:unsure:

Those contradictions aside, try all the online car buying sources for an accurate amount.
LOL I should clarify. My office is currently down the road. the company is moving office locations and new one will be finished in the next few months and will be 20 heavily trafficked miles away at that time (hence the need)

35tires

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '21 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am with 35tires. $48k seems like a solid trade-in price. I would jump on that. It is a base, and your original sticker was what? My guess is less than $48k.
I have a 4 door v6 base Sasquatch and before all the rebates I got for early order I think I was 46-48k out the door here in Texas.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

48 traded in is a deal. Go for it!

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

See what Carvana will offer you. If it's more, take it, if it's less go for it. Depending on your state you might get a break on the sales tax for a trade in, so factor that in.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Personally I don't think the screen size would make much of a difference to a Base buyer, but lack of a hardtop would. With a v6 Heritage available for $55,000 I'd take the trade-in of your used Bronco at $48k
Sponsored