Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First off, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one LOL

Second, the safest car is only going to be as safe as the driver and the most dangerous car will only be as dangerous as the driver.

Point is, get the car you and your daughter want and teach her to be the safest driver she can be in that car.

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not a single problem with mine. But you won’t see me posting that here every day. Nor the other thousands of Bronco owners who are having zero problems.

cashe3

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My kids are 26 and 24. If I could I would buy them each a new Bronco w/o a thought.

They are now in the 3rd year of production so most of the big issues have been worked out. But w/o knowing you and your daughter it's hard to say if it's worth it to you. There are cheaper vehicles which can get you from point a to point b. For my money nothing will get you there with the same amount of fun.

I am the wife 🤣 but thank you!

luxury is not her style, so that is not an issue. On worth it, is the price worth all the issues I am seeing posted.

Sponsored

jwysopal

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So my daughter wants to buy a bronco but I’ve been reading through these forums and after seeing all the things going wrong with them I’m wondering is it really worth it?
I know cars are not built as well as they used to be but is this one a bad investment?
Also is it true that it must be the hard top to get the safety airbag?
Thank you
All Broncos have the same airbag systems, regardless of trim.
Check my crash post if you want a first hand account on the safety.

My wife was hit very hard and it took the hit immensely well and did it's job protecting her as intended. I usually get bored of a vehicle and swap to something else every 1-2 years at most, and I can tell you, I'm sticking with the Bronco for a VERY long time. (it is even better than the hype in my opinion, but that of course depends on what each person uses it for) ✌

OP
OP

MDeWolf

Badlands
First Name
Marcie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge ram 3500 Dually
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All Broncos have the same airbag systems, regardless of trim.
Check my crash post if you want a first hand account on the safety.

My wife was hit very hard and it took the hit immensely well and did it's job protecting her as intended. I usually get bored of a vehicle and swap to something else every 1-2 years at most, and I can tell you, I'm sticking with the Bronco for a VERY long time. (it is even better than the hype in my opinion, but that of course depends on what each person uses it for) ✌
Thank you for this info. We also tried the sport ( it has all the great safety ) she said she felt so much safer in the Bronco. However she has grown up in big trucks her whole life.

OP
OP

MDeWolf

Badlands
First Name
Marcie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge ram 3500 Dually
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My kids are 26 and 24. If I could I would buy them each a new Bronco w/o a thought.

They are now in the 3rd year of production so most of the big issues have been worked out. But w/o knowing you and your daughter it's hard to say if it's worth it to you. There are cheaper vehicles which can get you from point a to point b. For my money nothing will get you there with the same amount of fun.
Thank you

Teghogh

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is it worth it below 50k price point ? Absolutely? Would I ever pay 60+ for badlands or wildtrack ? Absolutely not. This truck is not worth 70k. You would be much happier with a defender at the price point. Trust me I had one and sold it to get a 48k badlands and to me that’s worth the compromise considering that it is 20k cheaper than the defender I sold to get. But there is zero chance that this truck is worth the ~70k asking range with the plastic interior

7E802AD1-B0E1-4BCA-85FC-3E3A09F5CE95.jpeg

0019745D-0386-4064-B584-5595B3868436.jpeg

3BD544E7-9391-46AB-8B34-AF228647F485.jpeg

A8190515-A3A3-4CC9-9599-12FFC8F2FF5D.jpeg

C7BA17A5-B8BA-4431-905D-87E1C8D3F797.jpeg

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Xterra; 04 Element; 06 Sentra; 10 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So my daughter wants to buy a bronco but I’ve been reading through these forums and after seeing all the things going wrong with them I’m wondering is it really worth it?
I know cars are not built as well as they used to be but is this one a bad investment?
Also is it true that it must be the hard top to get the safety airbag?
Thank you
Vehicles today are safer and more reliable than ever before. This is not even debatable. You can get a hard top on any Bronco trim.

Sponsored

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

DO ITTTTT!!!!

GroovyGhost

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think the problems and issues are magnified on an enthusiast forum like this. It really is fun to drive and I love getting into mine every day....but it's a squeaky, loud on the highway, non-aerodynamic box on wheels. It's more like a Wrangler than anything else. You have to be the kind of person that will enjoy this experience that it provides and only you will know if that is the case.

Jon_chimpo

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If she isn’t going to wheel on a regular basis, I would get her something else. There are much nicer vehicles for the money. Also, if you do move forward, don’t buy anything other than the basesquatch, or it’s a huge waste $.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How old is she? I could have bought my daughter a new vehicle when she was 16, but I’m glad I didn’t. Did get her a new one when she moved off to college, but still not an expensive, popular vehicle.
She’s an MD and still driving that RAV.
Like your thinking and almost did the same. Except for the fact 1 year ago used car prices were insane for something fairly new and reliable. So we bought her a 2023 VW Jetta for 23k to finish high school and through college. With a large down payment and lower rates then it makes for a cheap payment. Depends on the circumstances.
Sponsored

Last edited: