First Name
Marcie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge ram 3500 Dually
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So my daughter wants to buy a bronco but I’ve been reading through these forums and after seeing all the things going wrong with them I’m wondering is it really worth it?
I know cars are not built as well as they used to be but is this one a bad investment?
Also is it true that it must be the hard top to get the safety airbag?
Thank you
Sponsored

gtx_bronc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Only the titanium trim gets the hardtop. Cars are always the best investment you can make, doesn't matter what make brand or model and don't listen to anyone who says different. They don't know this one simple trick car dealers don't want anyone to know.

L&Ebronco

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 bronco, 18 F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Only the titanium trim gets the hardtop. Cars are always the best investment you can make, doesn't matter what make brand or model and don't listen to anyone who says different. They don't know this one simple trick car dealers don't want anyone to know.
Only the titanium gets the hardtop?? Is there a new trim level? Thought all models of 4 door broncos could get hard or soft top.

L&Ebronco

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 bronco, 18 F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So my daughter wants to buy a bronco but I’ve been reading through these forums and after seeing all the things going wrong with them I’m wondering is it really worth it?
I know cars are not built as well as they used to be but is this one a bad investment?
Thank you
It’s def worth it. 21 here w 37,000 miles running strong. We will keep this bronco forever. What safety airbag are you referring too? Ours has tons of airbags, and it’s softtop.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How old is she? I could have bought my daughter a new vehicle when she was 16, but I’m glad I didn’t. Did get her a new one when she moved off to college, but still not an expensive, popular vehicle.
She’s an MD and still driving that RAV.

cashe3

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is it worth it? Well that's a loaded question.
First any forum is gonna be loaded with people complaining. It's just how things work.
Second, what is your/her definition of worth it? This is a pricy vehicle. If you want Lexus level luxury you/she will be disappointed. If you/she wants a fun, exciting new vehicle then the Bronco is right up that alley.
I wouldn't trade mine, but you really need to understand what you are buying.
Side note, no way I would get a Bronco for a novice driver.

Edit: Is it safe? It is a big heavy vehicle that sits higher than most other things on the road. That makes it safer than most things.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you
YES!!! Most have zero issues. Remember the internet amplifies everything, especially the negatives. These are great vehicles. I have zero issues. As far as safe, those that have been in accidents have faired very well. Crash tests appear to show the Bronco is safer than the Jeep.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
YES. BUY IT FOR HER
Second.

Just get the damn thing for her and spend the extra money for 4A. Nothing is perfectly safe, get something she’ll remember!

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How old is she? I could have bought my daughter a new vehicle when she was 16, but I’m glad I didn’t. Did get her a new one when she moved off to college, but still not an expensive, popular vehicle.
She’s an MD and still driving that RAV.
Smart, practical, responsible, you're a wonderful father. Thank you for bringing her up right; know you and the wife are proud.

Cheers! 🍻

To the OP, vehicle are much better built now than they ever were as long as they are maintained; which has always been the case. The average vehicle today can easily hit 200K miles without much worry. Average age of vehicles in the US is 12 years; never been the case before.

Vehicles from the 80s are trash if I've ever seen, so be careful listening to the uninformed internet geniuses, including me, so just do some research.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Smart, practical, responsible, you're a wonderful father. Thank you for bringing her up right; know you and the wife are proud.

Cheers! 🍻

To the OP, vehicle are much better built now than they ever were as long as they are maintained; which has always been the case. The average vehicle today can easily hit 200K miles without much worry. Average age of vehicles in the US is 12 years; never been the case before.

Vehicles from the 80s are trash if I've ever seen, so be careful listening to the uninformed internet geniuses, including me, so just do some research.
I think it was 2017 when most cars were redesigned to pass the small overlap crash test. Many vehicles were quietly updated without cosmetic changes. If buying used for my kids now, I’d be looking 17 or newer, which is still kinda an old vehicle.

OP
OP

MDeWolf

Badlands
First Name
Marcie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge ram 3500 Dually
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Cheers! 🍻

It’s def worth it. 21 here w 37,000 miles running strong. We will keep this bronco forever. What safety airbag are you referring too? Ours has tons of airbags, and it’s softtop.
I might be wrong, someone mentioned on another thread( I need to find it again) that you lose an air bag with the soft top.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@MDeWolf Not so sure about that. Broncobuster rolled his on the softop and all the air bags deployed.

OP
OP

MDeWolf

Badlands
First Name
Marcie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge ram 3500 Dually
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Cheers! 🍻

I am the wife 🤣 but thank you!
I might be wrong, someone mentioned on another thread( I need to find it again) that you lose an air bag with the soft top.
Is it worth it? Well that's a loaded question.
First any forum is gonna be loaded with people complaining. It's just how things work.
Second, what is your/her definition of worth it? This is a pricy vehicle. If you want Lexus level luxury you/she will be disappointed. If you/she wants a fun, exciting new vehicle then the Bronco is right up that alley.
I wouldn't trade mine, but you really need to understand what you are buying.
Side note, no way I would get a Bronco for a novice driver.

Edit: Is it safe? It is a big heavy vehicle that sits higher than most other things on the road. That makes it safer than most things.
luxury is not her style, so that is not an issue. On worth it, is the price worth all the issues I am seeing posted.
Sponsored