First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No way. This forum proved long ago that these cars can't sit outside form more than 44mins without being destroyed by lot rot.
Sponsored

Bonz50

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 F150 S-Crew
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

my youngest son is heading off to Bama this fall (oldest already there) and I TRIED to get him to buy a bronco, like a 4dr BigBend an OBX model with some bells and whistles. at a college campus Wrangler's/Bronco's are a great move. I say go for it, she's gonna have a blast with it, they are pretty close to the perfect college car if it's in your budget

my son insisted on a Mustang GT (manual trans no less) so we found him a 50th Anniversary model that he loves and takes pristine care of. he's had it now for over a year. yes it's fast, yes it's a limited production car (they only made 1964 of them - his is #504), it's gorgeous and fun to drive. I still think the bronco would have served him better in college tho, tough to convince me otherwise

_nc_ohc=iTEgGRHVs_MAX-poZ_b&_nc_ht=scontent-msp1-1.jpg

Plala

Big Bend
First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So my daughter wants to buy a bronco but I’ve been reading through these forums and after seeing all the things going wrong with them I’m wondering is it really worth it?
I know cars are not built as well as they used to be but is this one a bad investment?
Also is it true that it must be the hard top to get the safety airbag?
Thank you
Almost 10k miles and love it. Have had one flat tire (drove through an intersection right after an accident and a piece of metal punctured my tire). Thank God I have wheel and tire. I LOVE my bronco đź’Ż

OP
OP

MDeWolf

Badlands
First Name
Marcie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge ram 3500 Dually
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No way. This forum proved long ago that these cars can't sit outside form more than 44mins without being destroyed by lot rot.
lot rot???
MDeWolf

My Daughter is getting an 2D Outer Banks, Built and waiting Shipping.

Highly recommend but get either the High or the Lux Package (most or all the Safety features).

Not as big or as high as your Dodge Ram 3500 Dually but both you and she will love it!

And it comes w a Hard Top and Side Airbags deployed from the top-side Roof Rails.

Check out the engine choices. My Daughter liked the 2.7 V6 for its power and the “Full Time 4x4 Drive” Option for its simplicity.
Does the soft top not allow airbags from top side roof rails?

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If she isn’t going to wheel on a regular basis, I would get her something else. There are much nicer vehicles for the money. Also, if you do move forward, don’t buy anything other than the basesquatch, or it’s a huge waste $.
Basesquatch ftw!!!!! get the looks of a wildtrak at a great price point without all the pricey upgrades!!!
Still under $42k for this beast!!!
Ford Bronco Is it worth it? Are they safe enough? 20230320_143005

Sponsored
OP
OP

MDeWolf

Badlands
First Name
Marcie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge ram 3500 Dually
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Basesquatch ftw!!!!! get the looks of a wildtrak at a great price point without all the pricey upgrades!!!
Still under $42k for this beast!!!
Ford Bronco Is it worth it? Are they safe enough? 20230320_143005
Unfortunately we are in Cali, the lane of overpriced. We have been told the Sasquatch has been discontinued ( or not shipping them anymore) we found a base, Sasquatch nicely priced . They pulled it off the lot to rip out seats, add leather, nicer tires and marked it up. Their reason, why not it brings us more money. Their not wrong

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This thread is swamped with sarcasm. I'm 19,000 miles and 13 months in. Needed a headlight switch because they were randomly turning on for no reason. A lot of issues you're reading about in here have been addressed. Bad investment? Not a chance. These things are currently selling used for over new msrp. If coming from a truck, she should be as happy as a pig in poo. The airbag thing is false. There are no more airbags in the hardtops than there are in the softs. The upper airbags/curtains are integrated into the roll cage so that isn't a factor. From a price standpoint, I don't think you could find a better deal on a new vehicle than the Bronco provided you are only paying msrp.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Unfortunately we are in Cali, the lane of overpriced. We have been told the Sasquatch has been discontinued ( or not shipping them anymore) we found a base, Sasquatch nicely priced . They pulled it off the lot to rip out seats, add leather, nicer tires and marked it up. Their reason, why not it brings us more money. Their not wrong
You'll have that. Many are buying out of state but I suppose that presents other issues with CA. What a shame. There are dealers near me that are trying to get 10k over but they sit. I guess we are more practical in these parts. And we prefer to put our own special touches on....

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not sure if there are any reputable dealerships over there. There are lists of "naughty" and "msrp" dealerships in this forum. I wouldn’t deal with that particular dealership. They are still building and shipping them with the Sasquatch packages they just don't seem to be pumping them out at full steam. Shop around and make phone calls. A good dealership will locate one for you. A lot of times they have people cancel and you could snag one of those.

George De

Outer Banks
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Defender
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
lot rot???

Does the soft top not allow airbags from top side roof rails?
MDeWolf

All Broncos have the same Side Airbags system on the Top Roof Rails, regardless of trim and/or Hard or Soft Top.

2Ds come only with a Hard Top and 4Ds come standard with a Soft Top with a Hard Top as an additional cost option.

Both the Soft and Hard Top can be removed and/or remove the Front Panels (Hard Top) or Roll Back the Front (Soft Top).

You may want to visit the Ford website and play around with the Bronco models and options as there are many different options available.

Sponsored

mrjerry469

Black Diamond
First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK DIAMOND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a 2021 black Dimond with almost 10k miles. The only issue was a sensor in the trailer hitch needed replacing. I love it and when my youngest daughter comes to visit, she always wants to drive. I say go for it.

David T

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor (Ford Truck)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How old is she? I could have bought my daughter a new vehicle when she was 16, but I’m glad I didn’t. Did get her a new one when she moved off to college, but still not an expensive, popular vehicle.
She’s an MD and still driving that RAV.
funny...bought my daughter a RAV for college also. now applying to med school. guess it was a good decision. She picked it and loves it.

OP
OP

MDeWolf

Badlands
First Name
Marcie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge ram 3500 Dually
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So we signed paperwork on one yesterday. I think we have checked every dealership within a 4 hr drive from us. Everyone has a huge dealer mark up and everything we are finding are special orders people changed their minds on. So noting was a simple choice. She ended up with a big bend, hard top, 4 door. Few upgrades but not everything we wanted. The other option was an outer banks but it was the smaller motor and a few other things they had pulled off.
one thing we did want is the better headlights…anyone know if this is an easy fix?in the end it was up to the kid as she paid a huge chunk of it.
Almost forgot, this dealer had a great selection and charged MSRP + gps security

Ford Bronco Is it worth it? Are they safe enough? IMG_3427

TheRealLizG

Badlands
First Name
Lizeth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Female here and I love it. I have a year 22 and no issues other than rattling window which Ford fixed for me during my oil change. They even greased up the hardtop latches for me. Just be prepared to do some install if that’s what she’s into and won’t do them herself. My dad is the true champ helped install my tailgate table and some lighting accessories. I have a daughter who’s very young but she’s already talking about getting a bronco when she starts driving. We love it. Also it’s new so that’s brings a sense of security as opposed to a used or older car. Just have her prepare for the gas. She’ll wanna drive it everywhere.
Sponsored