Sponsored

Why is the Bronco appealing? Is it worth the price?

porkchop express

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 camaro ss 1le, 2017 focus st, 2020 ram
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I ordered a 4 door black diamond in Oct 2021. I went to the dealer the other day to look around and discuss possible ADM. I was assured there would be no mark up over the sticker price. I got nothing in writing. While looking around I noticed a badlands for sale, so I grabbed the key from my sales guy and took it for a long ride to check it out. The bronco's ride is really nice and is comfortable to drive. This 4 door had the 2.3 which surprised me with the power it put out, I ordered the 2.7. As nice as the bronco is, it's still a ford and has hard plastics and a loose fitting soft top.

So, Is the Ford Bronco worth the asking price?

The Bronco I ordered is just under $50,000. The Bronco is definitely not a value, but I do think it's worth the price of admission. It's one of the most talked about and great looking vehicles out right now. It also has a huge cool factor. It's not supposed to be a luxury car, it's meant to a fun, sporty off road capable ride. Even though looks like I most likely have a bit of a wait for my Bronco, I'm still excited to get it and personalize it with a bunch of accessories.

BTW. The bronco I drove was marked up $5000. Supposedly someone bailed out on buying it. I discussed this with several people in the dealership and don't think it's too slimy to mark up something on the lot. They agreed that ordered vehicles would be left at sticker. I still may try to get something in writing.
Sponsored

The Bronc

Badlands
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Xterra; 04 Element; 06 Sentra; 10 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is really only worth what "you" are willing to pay. This will be the most expensive vehicle I have ever purchased. The last new and most expensive vehicle I have purchased to date was a 2006 Honda Odyssey for which I paid $28k. My wife and I have been responsible with our money. We believe money is good for giving, saving, and spending in that order. We are deb free, including the house, so for us, although it is a lot of money, it will not cause a financial hardship, it will scratch an itch, and it will be something we will enjoy and can sell if we ever tire of it. The 2006 Odyssey we drove until the transmission went out last July. It had 275K miles on it.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It really depends on you, for me almost 57k was the most I've ever spent on a vehicle. Considering my '21 still books for 68k now with 9k on it I don't see it as a huge liability. Now my Bronco spec was 58k msrp in 2021, the exact same spec is over 65k. I couldn't justify the current price of admission.

I will say its the absolute funnest vehicle I have ever driven and that includes plenty of luxury and sports cars.

Sponsored

Free Pizza

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Someone here will give you the correct name of it. But you definitely want all you can get in writing. There are dozens and dozens of guys on here that special order a bronco. Waited 600 days to get it and once it came off the trailer the dealer hit them with wild Adm fees. I'm talking 10k, 15, 20k. One guy even a 47 percent mark up. Guys had their special order even sold out from under them. All of them were under the notion that they were going to get it for sticker price.

Mikey D

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mikedelninno.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It really depends on you, for me almost 57k was the most I've ever spent on a vehicle. Considering my '21 still books for 68k now with 9k on it I don't see it as a huge liability. Now my Bronco spec was 58k msrp in 2021, the exact same spec is over 65k. I couldn't justify the current price of admission.

I will say its the absolute funnest vehicle I have ever driven and that includes plenty of luxury and sports cars.
Definitely have to agree with AKBronc49. I love the 2DR, and with the 2.7L it's a blast to drive. The Outer Banks non-SAS is tuned more for the road, so if that's what you're looking for, then It's worth it. Take off the roof and doors, add the tubes and enjoy!

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
So Sasquatch with the mid package?

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I paid MSRP. Yep, it was worth the price, and lives up to the hype.

Sponsored

Tishomingo

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Fun car, and nothing else like it on the market. About $60k for the Wildtrak, so not bad as an extra toy in the garage.
Don't get a Bronco if you're looking for something practical and efficient!

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I started off with VW and owned three (two used one new). Then went to Lexus and owned two (both brand new off the lot). Then a brand new 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL (the new body). And finally landed myself in a brand new 2023 Badlands 4dr. The bronco has been the most expensive so far. It's pretty loaded. I paid a $3k mark up as I did not order, I found it on the lot. The markup started at 10k and I got them all the way down to 3k. Purchase date was Feb 11th 2023. That exact same Bronco, built on the Ford website today is $4k over my sticker price (I did it yesterday). It's only been a month and half. My point is that if you find one you like, on a lot, it might be worth it to grab it and bail on the order. Particularly if you can negotiate a good deal. you never know what will happen when you order comes in. I heard too many horror stories and thought to myself there are two options...put in a order > wait 10+ month > have to then make changes to order because of constraints > order finally arrives 2 years later with a 10k surprise markup OR find it on a lot > negotiate lowest markup (limit for me was 3k and they agreed) > no obligation to purchase and no wait time/headache. You mentioned that you have nothing in writing about price protection and no mark ups. This would concern me considerably.

As for the Bronco itself, yes I love it. It's not a tight little Lexus sports car. It's not a larger 4dr cruiser sedan like the Passat. But it does have all the tech options of the Lexus and VW (partially why my price was on the higher end as its loaded). It does in fact line up pretty well with the wrangler in terms of feel and vibe. They do drive different with the bronco being significant better on road (it's actually enjoyable to drive onroad). I loved that the wrangler had a huge following and endless aftermarket options and ideas. The bronco is slowly getting that same scene. The bronco basically does what the wrangler does but in a more comfortable way and in a slightly larger footprint. I have zero regrets with the purchase.

And I always told myself I would never buy Ford. The bronco changed that.

Last edited:

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone here will give you the correct name of it. But you definitely want all you can get in writing. There are dozens and dozens of guys on here that special order a bronco. Waited 600 days to get it and once it came off the trailer the dealer hit them with wild Adm fees. I'm talking 10k, 15, 20k. One guy even a 47 percent mark up. Guys had their special order even sold out from under them. All of them were under the notion that they were going to get it for sticker price.
Hey guys, you did see that the OP started this post over a year ago, right? Not sure how the second guy even found this a year later, but a lot has changed since Jan 2022.

For what itā€™s worth, I hate the cop out response when people say ā€œsomething is worth what youā€™d pay for itā€, as if the buyer sets the price for anything in this country. We donā€™t have the barter system here, itā€™s supply and demand economy.

A seller sets a price, if no one wants whatever goods, the seller goes out of business; end of story.

A vehicleā€˜s value is in its utility. Is a Ferrari whatever, worth $300K? Not really, but those who can may choose to.

Is Pappy 23 worth $5K a bottle? Not at all, but guys pay it, if you donā€™t drink it, itā€™s kind of dumb, but if you do, youā€™re stupid to pay $5K For A $200 bottle of bourbon. If you buy to trade it as an investment, thatā€™s dumb also. So why is it $5K? Because shady people use it to bypass regulated fund exchanges, so the value is between private parties.

Anyway, a Broncoā€™s value is in how you use It. If just to sit in a garage and drive on pavement, likely not much beyond the current novelty factor. If you wheel it and create memories, the value is in that, in the experiences itā€™ll take you to.

Also, cost is relative to how much money you have or your net worth. If your net worth is lower, value is much more important to you than those who have more money and may just view it as a toy or thing for the moment.

Thereā€™s not right or wrong answer to this question, so it only exists as a philosophical pursuit that doesnā€™t mean anything.

Since Ford canā€™t make enough of them, the COST is going to continue to increase. Opportunity cost of the Bronco is where the really informative discussion lies. And Ford will continue to push the boundaries of this concept until people stop buying it.

Last edited:

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
In my opinion, if you are getting up above $50k for this vehicle, yes, it's probably too much for what it is. My wife and I are shopping Hybrid Highlanders right now... for perspective, at $47k you get 36 combined mpg, AWD, the same tow rating the Bronco has, way more space inside, and a build quality closer to a Lexus - heated seats, leather, nav, all the bells and whistles. Don't get me wrong I love my Bronco, but I'm deff glad I spent $40k on it and not $50k especially after the "newness" wears off. Cars in general are just too expensive - hell, I paid $31,500 for a pretty much loaded TRD off-road Tacoma 5 years ago.... Can't hardly get anything for that price now.
Sponsored