Sponsored

Why all the secrecy BN and OBL and Ford???

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’ve yet to see a single photo that demonstrates the off-road capability of the Black Diamond Bronco (non-sasquatch). So don’t pretend like Ford has given us plenty of info, because they haven’t.
Their focus, no pun intended, has certainly been BL, WT and FE.

Base, BB, OBX and BD are seemingly the ugly step children. It in the dirt or forest trails or mud with their standard specs would be great info.

Show the value of these other technologies.
Sponsored

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Their focus, no pun intended, has certainly been BL, WT and FE.

Base, BB, OBX and BD are seemingly the ugly step children. It in the dirt or forest trails or mud with their standard specs would be great info.

Show the value of these other technologies.
Exactly. Every Bronco is equipped with this supposedly capable “H.O.S.S. System.” But the only Broncos they showcase off-road have the upgraded Bilstein shocks. My Black Diamond order had to be finalized by March 19th to be eligible for a MY21. But this lack of information is making me concerned about my order. Maybe that’s part of the marketing strategy for Ford?

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Exactly. Every Bronco is equipped with this supposedly capable “H.O.S.S. System.” But the only Broncos they showcase off-road have the upgraded Bilstein shocks. My Black Diamond order had to be finalized by March 19th to be eligible for a MY21. But this lack of information is making me concerned about my order. Maybe that’s part of the marketing strategy for Ford?
Well, yes it is. So many commented on the great abilities of the BL and Squatch Broncos at KOH. Had Ford had a Base, BB and BD following them around, and doing fine, they would have lost a lot of upsells. I'd really like to see some non Sas Broncos, just for affirmation, but Ford doesn't want me affirmed they want my $7K! :D

Doorsoff4ever

Badlands
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram3500 diesel crew cab long bed on 37's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel like until the car reviewers get a hold of a bronco for some testing, and give it the fine tooth comb treatment, a lot of really useful info is going to continue to be absent here.

Sponsored

Dino

Outer Banks
First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ram 1500 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What is a high level instrument panel?! Where did the dash rail go?! Why did the 2DR get hosed on the bottle opener?!

These are what we are missing!
Wait... Bottle opener...?

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just so you know, your order can be modified up until you receive a VIN.

I assure you, however, that Bronco indeed is still capable of being propelled forward on land when equipped circles that have a 32” diameter vs. 35” diameter

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You maybe referring to the July 14, 2020 preliminary tech spec, that is not the final and is missing some data.
And right on cue he's gone from the thread. Don't waste your time with trolls, it's not worth it.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if OBL was an olive branch to 6G as a way to provide the non-Bronco Nation a similar experience? And I wonder if we (and I mean maybe me) took that olive branch and shoved it in their... spare tire.

Having worked at and with more than a few marketing companies I also know they have a distorted sense of reality. But that's their job, reality distortion to sell something.

It would be completely alien for Ben to come over here, make and account and be honest. "Hey, I know things have been a little strange between these two communities but since you have such a much larger group we should just open and say we want to steal all of your members... er, I mean, we should work together."

:p

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cup holders and bottle openers...we've reached peak 6G bitchyness. Somebody link me to why @Used2jeep got banned. I just want to see more 2dr goodness, I'm tired of seeing all the mom mobile mall crawler 4drs.

Last edited:

Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I guess I don’t know the whole order of events, or the volumes of viewership...

But does it really make sense that OBL had a solely B6G-centric agenda? My assumption was that they were a YT/IG play. Sure they posted here, but I’m unconvinced the purpose for the brand’s existence was to penetrate B6G ranks with fake stories of past Bronco experience etc.

Also, aren’t they still posting on YT and IG?

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Cup holders and bottle openers...we've reached peak 6G bitchyness. Somebody link me to why @UsedtoJeep got banned. I just want to see more 2dr goodness, I'm tired of seeing all the mom mobile mall crawler 4drs.
We don't know what got @Used2jeep banned. We all hope it is temporary. 🤞

One minute we were all laughing about high heeled shoes and trampolines...🤣

And then poof... no more Dave.😥

Maybe we can blame the bickering the past couple of days on his absence?🤔

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We don't know what got @Used2jeep banned. We all hope it is temporary. 🤞

One minute we were all laughing about high heeled shoes and trampolines...🤣

And then poof... no more Dave.😥

Maybe we can blame the bickering the past couple of days on his absence?🤔
I haven't even kept up with the bickering. I just wish Ford would start deliveries ASAP so we can get past the MPG, cupholders, why cant we see a base model sending it over a 40ft sand dune complaining. Let's get real.....if you've committed to a reservation/order and it gets 14mpg and has 2 cupholders is that some stuff you're gonna cancel it for? You weren't gonna buy one in the first place. Get an Expedition... I hear they get similar gas mileage and have cupholders galore.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra/ 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve yet to see a single photo that demonstrates the off-road capability of the Black Diamond Bronco (non-sasquatch). So don’t pretend like Ford has given us plenty of info, because they haven’t. Get that blue oval out of your mouth.
Why would off-road capability be anything less (like it’s just no good) using factory shocks? Everyone knows aftermarket suspension is better. Otherwise there’s never be a market for it. But to think capability is non existent in comparison is ill thinking. You want better? Then buy aftermarket after you you purchase. The handling will be improved going with aftermarket. That’s not to take away from Ford. All manufacturers build for cheapest they can. But it works.

SAS pack is an upgrade. You can’t compare factory non-SAS to a SAS. That’s ridiculous. It’s cheaper to go SAS than probably upgrade All components in the pack separately. Do you need to upgrade all parts? No. You can upgrade something to fit your needs. Here’s an article on OEM vs aftermarket suspension:

https://www.yourmechanic.com/article/what-advantages-do-aftermarket-suspension-components-offer
Sponsored

Last edited: