Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a guy on FB chastise me for not doing it myself. I'd like to see him try. This is uncharted territory, I'm on a time crunch, and frankly I can afford to pay them to do it for me.

I can't help but refresh Fordpass every 5-10 minutes. I keep waiting for the mileage to jump up to indicate a test drive. The miles to empty started at 54, then dropped to 42 this morning, and now is at 80 on this last refresh.
I agree, although as someone that has always done all my own work, this sort of thing is a tough pill to swallow.

I really wish there was some sort of emergency limp mode we could enable to at least get us off the trail. I wouldn't care if it limits to 25MPH, and you have to regularly confirm on the dash, but the dang lockers better work!
Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a guy on FB chastise me for not doing it myself. I'd like to see him try. This is uncharted territory, I'm on a time crunch, and frankly I can afford to pay them to do it for me.

I can't help but refresh Fordpass every 5-10 minutes. I keep waiting for the mileage to jump up to indicate a test drive. The miles to empty started at 54, then dropped to 42 this morning, and now is at 80 on this last refresh.
Yeah, someone suggested I was "spying" on my dealer by viewing my SecuriAlerts. 😄

Just keep an eye on the ODO. The miles to empty will float a bit, even when the ODO doesn't change.

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, someone suggested I was "spying" on my dealer by viewing my SecuriAlerts. 😄

Just keep an eye on the ODO. The miles to empty will float a bit, even when the ODO doesn't change.
The ODO still hasn't gone up but the address changed! Something is happening.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The ODO still hasn't gone up but the address changed! Something is happening.
They're flat-bedding it to the junk yard, where the crusher awaits. 😄

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is 6/16 (Thursday week) still D-Day for your summer road trip? Are you going to turn into a pumpkin if they don't hit that date?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is 6/16 (Thursday week) still D-Day for your summer road trip? Are you going to turn into a pumpkin if they don't hit that date?
Pretty much. Need to pack up the 16th so I can roll out the 17th. Theoretically I could leave the 18th and make up the first day by driving straight through.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sucks to hear about your predicament. Did you at least bring the rock home to incorporate into your landscaping as a conversation piece? At some point this will be a war story, when the pain subsides. That rock clearly needs to be removed from the off road world because it hates us. The Bronco you save might even be your own.

Edit: I can’t even imagine showing up in the driveway with a broken road trip vehicle right before said trip. Unless your SO was there when it happened, that’d be a looong walk into the house.

Last edited:

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
They're flat-bedding it to the junk yard, where the crusher awaits. 😄
Reminds me of the guys I hang with. Nothing says friendship better than brutal kicks to the groin, delivered with a smile and a fresh beer.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Can't make this up. Now they need a new master cylinder.
That's an unusual part to replace for a home-gamer unless the hard lines or proportioning valve fittings took an impact from the rock pulling on the line hard enough to break it.

That being said, as it's at a dealership, i'd consider myself lucky and happy that they are also replacing parts upstream of the failure.

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My fears have been realized. They are now saying bad ABS module. Another 2k, bringing my total to over 3k.
How could that have killed a module?
never mind i kept reading

Last edited:
OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's an unusual part to replace for a home-gamer unless the hard lines or proportioning valve fittings took an impact from the rock pulling on the line hard enough to break it.

That being said, as it's at a dealership, i'd consider myself lucky and happy that they are also replacing parts upstream of the failure.
The vacuum booster did take a hit, so who knows what else happened. I'm going to lose my shit if they want to change the booster next after waiting for the master cylinder.

How could that have killed a module?
Beats me, but all the alarms have gone away so I guess it really was bad. Unless it was actually the ABS pump, which would make more sense with what she described with pressures being too high.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The vacuum booster did take a hit, so who knows what else happened. I'm going to lose my shit if they want to change the booster next after waiting for the master cylinder.

Beats me, but all the alarms have gone away so I guess it really was bad. Unless it was actually the ABS pump, which would make more sense with what she described with pressures being too high.
Spoke to a friend who used to be the service manager for a large dealership up here. He said if it's a warranty job and any of the hard lines were bent at all, then they will replace the hard lines and anything the hard lines were attached to just to avoid any sort of liability. This also pads their profit on the job.

Unless they pull the master and see some sort of crazy scoring in the bore or failed gasket, the Booster shouldn't need to fall under the repair requirements.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.