acarzt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just bought your traction board brackets for my soft top. I've already got them installed and I can confirm that the X-bull traction boards off of Amazon do in fact fit when bottom mounted (didn't try top mounting).

I also toss a bag of gear up on top and strapped it down with bungee straps. I have the IAG assist struts for the rear and it opens and closes with no clearance issues. With too much stuff on TOP of the traction boards though, the rear plastic window makes contact with the junk on top. I fixed this by just moving the bag of stuff towards the front.

I also confirmed that there are no clearance issues retracting the soft top. I did not do the second stage of retracting the top though (removing the rear windows, etc.) but I will try it out later and see what happens. (I don't ever actually have the top back like this, but figured I could try it for others)

*edit* The extra traction board mounting hardware did NOT work for these boards. The bolts were not long enough. I went and got some hardware from Lowes that works pretty good though.

BlueBoy

First Edition
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco 351W
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just bought your traction board brackets for my soft top. I've already got them installed and I can confirm that the X-bull traction boards off of Amazon do in fact fit when bottom mounted (didn't try top mounting).

I also toss a bag of gear up on top and strapped it down with bungee straps. I have the IAG assist struts for the rear and it opens and closes with no clearance issues. With too much stuff on TOP of the traction boards though, the rear plastic window makes contact with the junk on top. I fixed this by just moving the bag of stuff towards the front.

I also confirmed that there are no clearance issues retracting the soft top. I did not do the second stage of retracting the top though (removing the rear windows, etc.) but I will try it out later and see what happens. (I don't ever actually have the top back like this, but figured I could try it for others)

*edit* The extra traction board mounting hardware did NOT work for these boards. The bolts were not long enough. I went and got some hardware from Lowes that works pretty good though.
Have any pictures you'd care to share?

acarzt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have any pictures you'd care to share?
Ford Bronco Attic Tray prototype back from fabrication 20221116_163009
Ford Bronco Attic Tray prototype back from fabrication 20221116_160537
Ford Bronco Attic Tray prototype back from fabrication 20221116_160458

Notice the bulge on the rear window, just had to move the bag forward a bit and now it clears. You can't access the top storage from the back, you have to access it from the front (inside the Bronco). Not a big deal for me since it's all recovery gear that won't be accessed frequently.

For mounting the boards, I used 6" threaded bars (3/8"), some nuts, metal and rubber washers, and plastic knobs that screw on. All found at Lowe's. Used 2 sets of nuts and washers (one set on each side) on the threaded bars to fix them in place on the brackets. Trying to mount the boards from the bottom with the bolts sitting there loosely was very frustrating 😂 so having them fixed in place is nice.

Y'all let me know if you want more pictures and what angles 👍

OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Notice the bulge on the rear window, just had to move the bag forward a bit and now it clears. You can't access the top storage from the back, you have to access it from the front (inside the Bronco). Not a big deal for me since it's all recovery gear that won't be accessed frequently.

For mounting the boards, I used 6" threaded bars (3/8"), some nuts, metal and rubber washers, and plastic knobs that screw on. All found at Lowe's. Used 2 sets of nuts and washers (one set on each side) on the threaded bars to fix them in place on the brackets. Trying to mount the boards from the bottom with the bolts sitting there loosely was very frustrating 😂 so having them fixed in place is nice.

Y'all let me know if you want more pictures and what angles 👍
Fantastic feedback. Great to know it's working out very well for you!
Brandon

Sponsored

nottinbe

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did not do the second stage of retracting the top though (removing the rear windows, etc.) but I will try it out later and see what happens.
I'd love to hear how this goes - if it clears, I'll be purchasing. This is what I've been waiting to find out. Thanks!

acarzt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd love to hear how this goes - if it clears, I'll be purchasing. This is what I've been waiting to find out. Thanks!
I haven't tested it yet... but just looking at some videos of the soft top operation... there's no way it's going to go all the way back. The top stays super close to the "roll cage" right where these brackets mount.

Still though... I want to see just how tight it is, I'm curious if there is a work around...

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Took a bit to get this version back from fab, however, I'm pretty happy with it so far. Obviously not powder-coated yet. I'll put the hard top on tonight and make sure there's plenty of room for recovery gear to be lashed up top.

Similar to the Traction Board Brackets, the intent of this is to keep your weekend warrior gear up and out of the way until you really need it. Additional bonus, if you have recovery boards that are short enough, they can be mounted under the attic tray like in my pictures. I'm a big fan of the ARB Tred GT as they're $100 cheaper than MaxTrax, they have a lifetime warranty and they fit perfectly between the roll bar.

I also modified the Traction Board Bracket by moving the platform forward one inch, which should keep it from rubbing on the rear soft-top window. You still won't be able to retract the soft top all the way, but I don't believe that's going to be a workable solution. 2 door Broncos are sadly not an option.

A requirement for the attic tray is to have the Traction Board Brackets in place as well. They're 15% off through this Sunday using code bronco6g. That's about a $30 savings. Keep in mind my inventory of brackets is tailored more toward the MIC hard top. I haven't produced any of this V2 that's more compatible with soft tops, so I'd hold off if you have a soft top. https://puravidaoffroad.com/shop/ols/products/traction-board-mount

Cost will be higher than the Traction Board Brackets, but I don't yet know what that's going to be. I worry a bit about the unknown of packaging and shipping costs as this is new to me and I do have a day job that's completely unrelated to this side project. :)

Let me know your thoughts and if you think you're in as I'm not sure how many I should produce.

Brandon

Can you make something similar that acts as cargo security as well so it sits lower and doesn't allow anyone to reach in and grab your cargo when the top is off? Even a piece that attached on the front side so protects if seats are folded forward. Light and very easy to remove or fold if dogs go in the back. Maybe is swings up to where you show it in the picture so the dogs can fit. Waiting for someone to make this.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you make something similar that acts as cargo security as well so it sits lower and doesn't allow anyone to reach in and grab your cargo when the top is off? Even a piece that attached on the front side so protects if seats are folded forward. Light and very easy to remove or fold if dogs go in the back. Maybe is swings up to where you show it in the picture so the dogs can fit. Waiting for someone to make this.
This is Brandon's hobby, not his day job. Let the poor guy get the basket out first.

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is Brandon's hobby, not his day job. Let the poor guy get the basket out first.
Sorry I should know Brandon and his life story before asking. Not forcing him to do anything just asking for future no big deal. Relax!

Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry I should know Brandon and his life story before asking. Not forcing him to do anything just asking for future no big deal. Relax!
Ford Bronco Attic Tray prototype back from fabrication f4714ef1-4e5f-473d-bc2a-8b9dc8ea9e23_text

OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To be fair, I've been thinking of how to build some form of secure storage in mine as well for when the top is off. While it won't be based on the Traction board bracket or the attic tray, I have something in mind that would work pretty well for me. I started researching, but got buried and overwhelmed with locking hardware. :) I do need to get back on that thought process though. Thanks for the reminder.

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

To be fair, I've been thinking of how to build some form of secure storage in mine as well for when the top is off. While it won't be based on the Traction board bracket or the attic tray, I have something in mind that would work pretty well for me. I started researching, but got buried and overwhelmed with locking hardware. :) I do need to get back on that thought process though. Thanks for the reminder.
Thank you. I think it would be a big hit. The Ford cargo enclosure that I have is heavy, rattles and is a pain to get the top off and on.

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does the Attic Tray (at $418) come complete with the Traction Board Bracket (at $198), or do I have to buy them both (at $616)?
$616 is a bit rich for me.

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Double check that you have those mounting holes from the factory. Some 2021s don't have them, like my '21 base.
Sponsored